Injury Report: 2016-2017 Edition II

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
It probably is the best game for him to return. Big Z struggles against Montreal and more particular, its smaller sized players.

Chara struggles to keep up with the pace nowadays in general. I'd have no problem with Gallagher returning to the lineup tomorrow. The Bruins are far from the 'big and bad' they once were.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fair enough. Personally I'd prefer a lesser 'what could go wrong' factor from the first team Gally plays (hard) against. That poor hand....

His gloves will have an extra protection to help prevent any other hand injuries.

Watch him now block a shot with his foot and break his ankle. :sarcasm: Knock on wood.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
in case anyone didn't hear during the game,

Habs will re-evaluate both Montoya and Benn tonight. Injuries are serious enough that they might not make the road trip. If they don't then Lindgren should get a game in since they clinched and you don't want Price playing every game imo.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
in case anyone didn't hear during the game,

Habs will re-evaluate both Montoya and Benn tonight. Injuries are serious enough that they might not make the road trip. If they don't then Lindgren should get a game in since they clinched and you don't want Price playing every game imo.

Yup. I'd make Price the backup until the playoffs. Last time he got rest, he was a beast. Also, I'd rest Markov for Nesterov, and Radulov for Hudon.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yup. I'd make Price the backup until the playoffs. Last time he got rest, he was a beast. Also, I'd rest Markov for Nesterov, and Radulov for Hudon.

You don't sit a goalie 5 games. That just adds rust. 3 games Price to keep him in shape and 2 for Montoya/Lindgren. Pretty straight forward.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You don't sit a goalie 5 games. That just adds rust. 3 games Price to keep him in shape and 2 for Montoya/Lindgren. Pretty straight forward.

Playing him can also result in an injury. 2 games Price 2 for Montoya and 1 for Lindgren

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Playing him can also result in an injury. 2 games Price 2 for Montoya and 1 for Lindgren

He'll be fine. It's 3 games and you want him in game shape. You don't want him to loose. He's going to have to be able to start 20+ games in the playoffs to win a cup. He's shown he can still start 60+ games after a distaster injury last year. Three for Price, two for whoever else is fine. He's focused, looks like he's having fun again, and playing like the top end goalie we know he is. He doesn't need to be pampered like that. That was Michel Therrien's mindset and we saw how Price reacted to that at the end.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Play Price against Tampa on Saturday because it's possible we have to face Tampa in the playoffs, and also because Tampa are hot and it might not be the best situation to put Lindgren in for his 2nd career NHL game against a hot team

Put Lindgren against Florida next Monday

Then Price against Buffalo on Wednesday (Can put Lindgren instead depending on how he played against Florida)

And Finally, Price against Tampa on Friday, and Montoya against Detroit for the final game on Saturday

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He'll be fine. It's 3 games and you want him in game shape. You don't want him to loose. He's going to have to be able to start 20+ games in the playoffs to win a cup. He's shown he can still start 60+ games after a distaster injury last year. Three for Price, two for whoever else is fine. He's focused, looks like he's having fun again, and playing like the top end goalie we know he is. He doesn't need to be pampered like that. That was Michel Therrien's mindset and we saw how Price reacted to that at the end.

Main reason why he was mediocre against Tampa that series.

Jul 6, 2016
Play Price against Tampa on Saturday because it's possible we have to face Tampa in the playoffs, and also because Tampa are hot and it might not be the best situation to put Lindgren in for his 2nd career NHL game against a hot team

Put Lindgren against Florida next Monday

Then Price against Buffalo on Wednesday (Can put Lindgren instead depending on how he played against Florida)

And Finally, Price against Tampa on Friday, and Montoya against Detroit for the final game on Saturday

Very, very slim possibility to meet them. And I'd rather face them than the Bruins once again...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Still injured or healthy now?

Good idea or not? Give him 1-2 games before the playoffs, so he's not too rusty (just in case).

I hope he stays our #8 dman throughout the playoffs, but maybe giving him 1-2 games (regular season) would be good for keeping the rust away.

Really hope Jordie Benn will be back a 100% (he shouldn't rush back since playoffs only start April 12-13-14).

Weber
Markov
Petry
Beaulieu
Emelin
Benn
Davidson
------------------- -------------
Nesterov

P.S.: playoffs...Benn has #4 potential.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Any details on Benn or Montoya? Nature of injury / Timeline?

According to belial (from the two Jordie Benn threads)...Benn is day-to-day or/and may have been ready for tonight's game vs Tampa, so...sounds like Benn is 100% healthy again or close to it (fabulous news thanks to belial's info).

Montoya...no idea...I'd also like to know.
(same goes for Nesterov...would like to know if he's day to day or ready/healthy?).

Cheers

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
They're all day to day and nothing serious. :)

Cheers for info. All good news. Can't wait for the playoffs!! Montreal is electric when the Habs are in it!!

Also, I just checked TSN (link below) for more injury info (for the heck of it!). Like you said/wrote...they're all day-to-day. And, Mitchell's injury is listed as an illness, but again probably nothing serious. Nesterov's injury is the mysterious one (''undisclosed'') and I think he's been day-to-day for awhile now (2-3 weeks? maybe more). TSN might be the best site for injury info or maybe ESPN? (not sure).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries

Playoffs...all about health and getting hot (and major team chemistry!). Really hope this is the year Price stays healthy and gets HOT, HOT, HOT!! (as well as other major and key players).

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
According to belial (from the two Jordie Benn threads)...Benn is day-to-day or/and may have been ready for tonight's game vs Tampa, so...sounds like Benn is 100% healthy again or close to it (fabulous news thanks to belial's info).

Montoya...no idea...I'd also like to know.
(same goes for Nesterov...would like to know if he's day to day or ready/healthy?).

Cheers

They're all day to day and nothing serious. :)

Thanks, gentlemen! Trying to contain my excitement...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Shea Weber will miss next two games as he's flying to Montreal to see doctors

Cheers for info (''2 games''...tsn? rds?).

I really hope it's intentional rest (2 games...1 after tonight's game vs Florida). He's listed as lower body injury...hopefully it's nothing serious (just resting it,etc). Friday vs Tampa will be 3 games...so maybe it's not serious since they're saying 2 games' rest? Maybe they're saying he will be good to go for Friday's game?? (vs Tampa). Wednesday's game will be 2 games of rest.

Did anyone see anything? (from the last 1-2 games Weber was in? or in practice?).

Wish the Habs organization can at least tell us if it's not serious or precautionary (or mainly for rest before playoffs),etc...#$%^&*@#$%.

P.S.: I really hope this thread doesn't become too popular in playoffs...health is major key for a strong playoff run.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

He played all summer, and the all-star game weekend.. he could use the rest, won't hurt him a bit.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Shea Weber is back on the ice skating today (Thursday) per Lavoie.

Huge thanks/cheers for this info...phew!!!! (really appreciated).

Cheers!!
Go Habs Go!!

Now, if we can only get info (timeline, serious or not?) on
Jordie Benn still day-to-day, still not serious?)...and Alexei Emelin (is now day-to-day...he apparently got injured vs Buffalo...but as usual they/CBC Mtl didn't mention a timeline or seriousness of injury...maybe because the news is too new? gotta wait again to get a proper timeline and to know if it's serious or not?).

Rangers have a lot of players who are day-to-day...McDonagh, Zuccarello, Nash. We'll never know if it's for rest or for a serious or non-serious injury...as usual we have to wait and see!

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Huge thanks/cheers for this info...phew!!!! (really appreciated).

Cheers!!
Go Habs Go!!

Now, if we can only get info (timeline, serious or not?) on
Jordie Benn still day-to-day, still not serious?)...and Alexei Emelin (is now day-to-day...he apparently got injured vs Buffalo...but as usual they/CBC Mtl didn't mention a timeline or seriousness of injury...maybe because the news is too new? gotta wait again to get a proper timeline and to know if it's serious or not?).

Rangers have a lot of players who are day-to-day...McDonagh, Zuccarello, Nash. We'll never know if it's for rest or for a serious or non-serious injury...as usual we have to wait and see!

All those 3 players are being rested before the playoffs, no injuries there.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
All those 3 players are being rested before the playoffs, no injuries there.

McDonagh, Zuccarello, Nash...all resting? (correct?).

If so, it's a bit strange (in McDonagh's case) since it seems he has been ''resting'' for 3-4-5 games now? (or more?).

There should be a ''resting'' category instead of lower body injury or upper body injury or undisclosed. Are teams not allowed to say ''he's just 'resting' or healing before the playoffs!''
:sarcasm:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I would think something should come out today, regarding Emelin's status for wednesday night? All other players should be good to go, right?

Emelin...I heard on CBC Montreal that Emelin will definitely not play in game 1 (Julien said this to reporters)...and Julien added that they will re-evaluate Emelin's health/situation Wedns or Thurs...so no game time decision for Wedns. Maybe Friday? Maybe Sunday? but this is me guessing...Julien didn't mention anything else but that Emelin will be re-evaluated Wedns or after. Up to me...I wouldn't rush Emelin...Davidson may have chemistry with Petry, so we have to win with the 6dmen we have and we can...really glad Bergevin went to get Benn and Davidson. D-depth should never be disregarded. Heck, I would have tried to add another Benn-esque or Davidson-esque dman, but I have to be happy Benn+Davidson were added...especially for DD and Pateryn.

Hopefully we win a lot, so Emelin can take his sweet *** time in getting to 100% healthy or close enough to it!! (I don't want Emelin at 50% or 67%, so we can complain the way Sens' fans do!? I want Emelin to come back at 90% healthy or more!!).

Is this what we shall see in game 1?:

Markov-Weber
Davidson-Petry
Beaulieu-Benn

(or will Beaulieu and Davidson be switched/interchanged?).

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Davidson has the flu...

...not sure how bad it is...he might be ok for Wedns but I'm just guessing since nothing else was mentioned. Maybe he'll be a game-time decision. And, if he plays...if...he will just have to make sure not to share his Gatorade/water bottle with other players (and be quarantined before and after the game from the dressing room,etc,etc, but I'm sure he'll get the green light to cough whenever he can on Kreider).

Source:
Mtl Gazette newspaper (Tuesday)

P.S.: really hoping we won't be using this thread too often, except for Emelin and Davidson updates.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad