Injury Report: 2016-2017 Edition II

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Davidson has the flu...

...not sure how bad it is...he might be ok for Wedns but I'm just guessing since nothing else was mentioned. Maybe he'll be a game-time decision. And, if he plays...if...he will just have to make sure not to share his Gatorade/water bottle with other players (and be quarantined before and after the game from the dressing room,etc,etc, but I'm sure he'll get the green light to cough whenever he can on Kreider).

Source:
Mtl Gazette newspaper (Tuesday)

P.S.: really hoping we won't be using this thread too often, except for Emelin and Davidson updates.

Keep players with the flu away from the team.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Pacioretty took a stick to face area this morning (in practice)...Claude Julien said Pacio will be fine and ready for game 1, so nothing too serious...phew!

source: tsn nhl homepage (right side)

''Montreal Canadiens head coach Claude Julien says he's optimistic that captain Max Pacioretty will be alright after taking a stick to the face that forced him to leave practice early on Tuesday.''

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
heard that Emelin might not even make the trip to NY, that sucks we badly need him on that bottom pairing.

Given that Emelin probably wont be available anytime soon, I cant wait for Davidson to get back in the lineup. He was relatively dependable in the regular season, and I see him as an immediate upgrade considering that it would mean Nesterov coming out.

Getting rid of Nesterov eliminates the Beaulieu-Nesterov duo, which I believe also makes Beaulieu better.

Granted, Davidson is not playoff tested, but I can't see him being any worse than Nesterov has been.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Given that Emelin probably wont be available anytime soon, I cant wait for Davidson to get back in the lineup. He was relatively dependable in the regular season, and I see him as an immediate upgrade considering that it would mean Nesterov coming out.

Getting rid of Nesterov eliminates the Beaulieu-Nesterov duo, which I believe also makes Beaulieu better.

Granted, Davidson is not playoff tested, but I can't see him being any worse than Nesterov has been.

agreed, getting Davidson in there would be a big plus to Nesterov and would greatly help Beaulieu as these 2 just can not be paired together unless they want to give Hab fans heartattacks.

By who and when?
3 days ago, CJ said that there was a possibility for Emelin to make the trip

during the game last night, think it was Gary Galley that said it. But he just said he might not make the trip, so hopefully we hear something today.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Well if that's the case, nothing to LOL about...:shakehead
Last I read, Julien said he may make the trip to NY...

I'm laughing because it's hopeless, we're stuck with a bad 3rd line because bergevin didn't do **** all year. Imagine what an unexpected injury on D would do to us

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I missed the game where emelin got hurt

can anyone tell me what it may of looked like? was it a shot block? did it look like he twisted his ankle?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So if Davidson is good to go (you have to assume he would play over Nesterov) who would play on their offside on the third pairing, Beau or Davidson? Or does Davidson go back with Petry and Benn goes back to 3 RD? I think Benn has been playing too well to demote him down to the third pairing.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I'm laughing because it's hopeless, we're stuck with a bad 3rd line because bergevin didn't do **** all year. Imagine what an unexpected injury on D would do to us

:help: MB traded for 3 bottom pairing defensemen down the stretch, not sure how that means he "didn't do **** all year" to get depth for the bottom pair.

Nesterov has played well in a playoff run before but if playing awful. Probably worth the gamble for a 6th though.

Davidson is a good bottom pairing guy who played second pair in Edmonton last year, he's just hurt at the moment.

Benn has been fantastic.

MB also brought in Redmond for depth to start the year. He had really good advanced stats last year but was pretty disappointing for us this year. Still, a no risk move that just happened to not pay off.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
:help: MB traded for 3 bottom pairing defensemen down the stretch, not sure how that means he "didn't do **** all year" to get depth for the bottom pair.

Nesterov has played well in a playoff run before but if playing awful. Probably worth the gamble for a 6th though.

Davidson is a good bottom pairing guy who played second pair in Edmonton last year, he's just hurt at the moment.

Benn has been fantastic.

MB also brought in Redmond for depth to start the year. He had really good advanced stats last year but was pretty disappointing for us this year. Still, a no risk move that just happened to not pay off.

Yes, he was right to try many different options instead of putting all his eggs in one basket.

The Benn addition was fantastic, and all we would have needed if we were healthy

Markov Weber
Benn Petry
Beaulieu Emelin

Davidson, Nesterov, Redmond, Lernout

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Davidson or Emelin for game 3, no doubt Nestea has a seat...

Both are injued though no?

Sergachev is also with the team. Not sure he's ready. And he still has his head down so much, I fear him getting a concussion.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Yes, he was right to try many different options instead of putting all his eggs in one basket.

The Benn addition was fantastic, and all we would have needed if we were healthy

Markov Weber
Benn Petry
Beaulieu Emelin

Davidson, Nesterov, Redmond, Lernout

Our 3rd pairing isn't the problem, our 2nd pairing is because Beaulieu isn't fit for it. So yes, bergevin hasn't done **** all year. He's perfect in the eyes of people who are satisfied with useless bottom 6 and bottom pairing pickups because they're under the impression our top 6 and top 4 is perfect.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

This is great news!! Thanks/cheers for info/link.
(Emelin has ''commenced'' his skating).

I still wouldn't rush Emelin back...only if he's 100%, or close enough to really contribute (no space for defensive mistakes...every mistake is seen under a huge microscope). We need the Emelin of late and not the middle-of-season-Emelin. Looks like we're getting the good-playoffs-Petry now...hoping to get Davidson (playoff dman potential) in there to give more time for Emelin to fully heal (or to even steal his spot unless the Habs lose two in a row...if).

Benn/Davidson? - Petry
Davidson?-Beaulieu-Benn
Emelin
Nesterov
Lernout

(or Benn on the right side of Beau to protect that duo from Beau's mistakes...in case Beau has another -3 night,etc...).

If that's the case...it wouldn't be a demotion for Benn, just more balance for 3 pairings, etc, but maybe you leave Benn with Petry? (since you shouldn't change something that is working really well,etc).

Davidson:
anyone know if there is any very recent updates...? Thanks.
TSN (link below) is still showing Davidson as day-to-day...hoping this is old news and his flu/illness is gone by now. Darn flu...it would be Davidson out there instead of Nesterov. Mitchell looks ready to go (not on injury list anymore)...I'd put him in the lineup for crying out loud...he's a true warrior for our Habs. IF Emelin would be ready for Tues...if...I'd ease him in there on the right side of Beaulieu (3rd pairing). But, hopefully we keep winning and this gives more time for Emelin to fully heal ('cause Tues or Thurs may be too early...but I hope it's not too early! if so...hoping Davidson is there soon to the rescue).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Good news for this thread (for those who want an update):

<Mitchell's back...he's IN.

<Davidson has no more flu? (apparently?) since he might be IN (maybe?) for tonight's game (Sunday).

<Emelin is skating...hopefully we win a lot, so he doesn't have to rush back (would love for him to come back a 100%, and not 50% or 75% or wherever he's at...since he's skating I'm gonna hope he's closer to 90% or even 100%...!!). And, would also love it if he had more time for intense practices to better prepare him for the fast Rangers.

Go Habs Go!! (stay healthy and get HOT!!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad