Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not to be rude or anything, but is there a reason why you don't have a Twitter account so you can check for yourself instead of posting the same question every day? :D

I do, but Twitter is blocked at school which is where I am at this time. Hopefully Noesen cleared?

Wentworth9W

Dec 13, 2016
****, hope he tears it up there.

I'm thinking he will be on their 4th line opposite Kalinin - not sure if they will move Kalinin to LW and plug Noesen in RW, or keep Kalinin at RW and play Noesen on LW. Either way he is a small upgrade over Gazdic who is 0/0 in 12 games.

Thanks,
Jeff.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

So the Ducks have signed Faragher to a contract which gives them 7 goalies under contract: Faragher, John Gibson, Jonathan Bernier, Jhonas Enroth, Matt Hackett, Dustin Tokarski and Kevin Boyle.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

So the Ducks have signed Faragher to a contract which gives them 7 goalies under contract: Faragher, John Gibson, Jonathan Bernier, Jhonas Enroth, Matt Hackett, Dustin Tokarski and Kevin Boyle.

Since it's his second NHL contract, Faragher now has the leverage to refuse any ECHL assignement...

CBA 13.11
No Loans to East Coast Hockey League.
A Player who is not in the Entry Level System may not be Loaned to the East Coast Hockey League without his consent.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Since it's his second NHL contract, Faragher now has the leverage to refuse any ECHL assignement...

He was with the Duck's ECHL affiliate already, so I imagine the Ducks wouldn't have signed him unless he agreed to stay.

And the Ducks in recent years have made a point to carry a lot of goalies, but 7 really is a lot on SPC.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
He was with the Duck's ECHL affiliate already, so I imagine the Ducks wouldn't have signed him unless he agreed to stay.

And the Ducks in recent years have made a point to carry a lot of goalies, but 7 really is a lot on SPC.

Hackett and Tokarski are both hurt, so the goalie position has been a bit of a mess for San Diego, it's been like a revolving door in there. Enroth and Boyle have been solid in net, so it looks like they finally have some stability.

But yeah, that doesn't explain the Faragher signing. Quite frankly, I can't come up with a reason as to why they did this, doesn't seem to benefit the organization in any way.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Why do the ducks seem like waiver wire central?

Feels like them and the Devils are at the ol waiver wire a lot.

The Ducks seem to have a lot of players that are good enough for the NHL but they dont have enough room for on their regular roster.

As for us, we stink and we're looking for cheap upgrades without having to dedicate a lot of time or money to and not have to give up assets for. Plus, Shero loves a reclamation project.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Rangers 2011 Draft

It's funny that you noticed this. I just did an analysis of the 2011 draft for a thread on the Rangers link and noticed the Rangers now have 6 of the top 38 players drafted that year.

6. Zibanejad
15. Miller
24 . Puempel
29. Jensen
36. Clendening
38. Hellberg

4 players currently on Rangers and the other two are in Hartford but have played for the Rangers. One drafted -- Miller, 3 trades -- Zibanejad, Jensen, Hellberg, one waiver wire -- Puempel, and one free agent Clendening.

So if the Devils hadn't claimed Noesen, Gorton probably would have claimed him for the Rangers in his attempt to sign every player drafted in the first round of the 2011 draft. :)

Don't know. It appears Jeff Gorton is looking to corner the market on players drafted in the first round of 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad