Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I was thinking the same -- guys like Nestrasil and Purcell have cleared waivers and Grant gets picked up.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Well, Purcell's contract makes him unattractive.

Nestrasil is a different type of player -- as stated, the thing that stands out to me about Grant is that he's a high faceoff winner, and that hasn't been a strong area for the Preds.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I was thinking the same -- guys like Nestrasil and Purcell have cleared waivers and Grant gets picked up.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Probably has a lot to do with contracts....Nestrasil for example is signed for another year beyond this one....and Purcell might make some sense at the deadline as a depth guy, but the team acquiring him might want to unload a contract as well.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Anyone on waivers today?

My go to 4 on twitter are Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC), Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie), Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva), and Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun).

If none of those are mentioning anything (and today they are not), then usually it means there is nothing.
Occasionally another insider will break it, or a team beat reporter (or even rarely a team itself! :amazed:) but those should be your go to 4 for waivers and early transaction news.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Great 4th line C a few years back. Has his play dropped off so much?

He was slowly down his last year in Edmonton. He was still great for us on the draw, blocking shots and on the PK, but his foot speed and offense wasn't good at all. Especially at 3mil a year. Was a warrior, but I'm sure he's wearing down and probably done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad