Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Kinda surprised Brad Hunt is on waivers, I thought he played well in St. Louis when he had a chance to get into the line up.

It is a numbers game. No room for him and he'd be the #8 defenseman if we kept him here. I hope that some team takes a flyer on him as this is probably his last shot to really make an impact in the NHL. Plus, I'd rather see some of our young D who picked up his minutes continue to keep those minutes in Chicago.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Gunnarson is healthy now so there's no room, Hunt is a nightmare defensively

...it can't be true.

yWqYOgx.gif

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seth Griffith on Waivers Again.

I wonder if TOR is able to reclaim him and put him in the AHL, or if the time limit has passed

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

I wonder if TOR is able to reclaim him and put him in the AHL, or if the time limit has passed

No time limit, they can always reclaim and stick him in the AHL as long as the other 28 teams don't put a waiver claim in.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

NHL CBA said:
ARTICLE 13
WAIVERS AND LOANS OF PLAYERS TO MINOR LEAGUE CLUBS
When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.
emphasis my own

This scenario (Team A waives player, B claims. B waives player, C claims. C waives player, B claims) has not ever precipitated, in my time of memory, so maybe Team B (Toronto in Griffith's case) would count as an "original owning Club", as that was whom Florida claimed Griffith from, BUT my best interpretation is that since Toronto claimed Griffith from Boston to start all of this, Boston is the "original owning Club", and is the only team that could claim Griffith from Florida (or on any subsequent waivers from any subsequent teams), and receive the benefit of sending him to the minors (if they are sole claimants, of course).

But either way, only time limit is it must be in the "same season".

TL;DR: Best guess, only Boston may do that, not Toronto, but there is no time limit (as long as it happens this season).

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Is this correct? :laugh:

Bahaha :laugh:
Don't really see why.
I liked him in he short time he was here, but what provoked this..?
Leivo is healthy in being sat (unfortunately, imo) in the pressbox this time around.

Guess we'll see if my question above is answered though, if Toronto counts as an "original owning Club".
EDIT: There we go!

Last edited:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Let's say Boston AND Toronto would have claimed him, would Boston get Griffith based on them being Original Team A? Or would the standings still come into play? And if both claim, neither team could send him to the AHL?

This is rather fascinating stuff, tbh. Maybe it's just me.

:)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Let's say Boston AND Toronto would have claimed him, would Boston get Griffith based on them being Original Team A? Or would the standings still come into play? And if both claim, neither team could send him to the AHL?

This is rather fascinating stuff, tbh. Maybe it's just me.

:)

If both claimed it would go based on standings, and the winning team would not be able to send him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad