2016-17 UEFA Champions League - Part I

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
He's so much better than everyone here wants to admit. The combination of anti-English people and Liverpool fans makes it hard for anyone to acknowledge him.

Can't wait for Pep to get credit for Sterling being good, that'll be fun.
I always respected his talent and I still do.
I still hate him for how he left Liverpool.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He's so much better than everyone here wants to admit. The combination of anti-English people and Liverpool fans makes it hard for anyone to acknowledge him.

Can't wait for Pep to get credit for Sterling being good, that'll be fun.

Pep will rightly get credit if he harnesses Sterling's ability and gets a far better season out of him than last year. Of course, like almost all of the players whom Pep has coached, he was very talented to begin with.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It was coming Villarreal even with all these injuries have dominated the ball.
Really? I think both teams have sucked. Just looked at the stats : 6 shots to 7. Villareal has the ball but have no idea what to do with it.
Monaco is shaky defensively, but can be dangerous in counter attacks.

So far, the draw seems right .

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Roma held on for the 1-1 away draw. Mediocre second half. Paredes has lamentably fallen under the influence of Nainggolan's hairstylist.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Pretty solid results for Club Brugge, who are now in pot 4

To move up to pot 3 we need two out of Ajax, Villarreal, Porto and Plzen to get knocked out

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Porto score an early goal from a set piece. Poorly timed challenge from Paredes to give away the free kick.

I wonder if Roma's stadium and attendance give them a below average home field advantage. They were favored to go through after drawing 1-1 away with 10 men more than half the match but that's a blow.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Roma looked toothless too before the sending off...

Dundalk score in Poland, that tie could get interesting but you would think Legia can get at least one more. Ludogorets with a huge away goal in Plzen meaning that the Czech champs now need to score 3 goals in the second half

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Be'er Sheva is up 2-0 on Celtic early in the second half. One more unanswered and they're through on away goals. Could have been 3 too, but Radi missed a penalty.

Hope they shove it in Celtic's faces. Would be such a hilarious choke.

Either way, the fact that they've put 4 past Celtic over two legs...

Last edited:

redmosquito

Jun 9, 2013
NC/ME
Live look at Saidy Jenko today for Celtic

oOXDJDU.jpg

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Italian clubs in CL playoffs, other than Milan beating PSV has anybody else progressed? In fairness they usually get tough draws but still I can see now why they are pushing hard for UEFA to reform the CL to give them two more automatic spots :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad