2016-17 UEFA Champions League - Part I

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo can barely cross the halfway line against Salzburg ffs, though watch them fluke through still, I never underestimate Salzburg's choking ability at this stage

Ajax still scoreless with Rostov, Ajax got off to a good start but Rostov have created some good chances as well. Ajax need to score

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
moments after I typed that Rostov score, fantastic header from a cross, doesn't change much for Ajax, they still need to score

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rostov double their lead, awful defending by Ajax on a set piece and another header into the net. Rostov nearly there, incredible achievement

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The team from my hometown will be playing in the group stage! I didn't think I'd live to this day!

A year and a few months ago they were playing relegation play offs!!

Holy ****!

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
needless red card from Rostov, won't change the result but the player will be suspended for the opening match, he didn't need to make the tackle with a four goal lead to take down the Ajax player

Copenhagen score a crucial away goal in Cyprus and should qualify, Dinamo have equalized in Salzburg with 4 minutes to play at the tie is heading towards ET, Salzburg should have buried the game but they kept Dinamo in it

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Salzburg-Dinamo going to ET, Salzburg probably gonna choke again though Dinamo quite fortunate not to concede a penalty in the second half and Stojanovic deserved a red too

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Rostov will be in the fourth pot and get a very tough group. I doubt they will even qualify for Europe league, but the fact that they made it this far is incredible !

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Salzburg-Dinamo also have massive implications for the seeding for the group stage, if Salzburg advance they are in Pot 3, if they fail to progress then Gladbach takes their spot. Also, Austria/Croatia are competing for two Champions League spots in future years, but that point might be mute if UEFA goes ahead with the CL reform

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
needless red card from Rostov, won't change the result but the player will be suspended for the opening match, he didn't need to make the tackle with a four goal lead to take down the Ajax player
True but a question to be asked, have the rules for the red card not been updated? They were already updated for EURO 2016, so under those same rules the Rostov player should have only received a yellow card no?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo scored early in ET, Salzburg playing a high line and exposed and Soudani scored on a one on one. RB Salzburg missed a sitter though moments later. They need to score twice now or else once again they choke in the playoffs

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo Zagreb eliminate Salzburg, good news for Gladbach who move up to Pot 3, for Salzburg they have failed to qualify for the CL in 7 tries since the Red Bull take over, embarrassing considering a team like Austria Wien did it in one try :laugh:

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Dinamo Zagreb eliminate Salzburg, good news for Gladbach who move up to Pot 3, for Salzburg they have failed to qualify for the CL in 7 tries since the Red Bull take over, embarrassing considering a team like Austria Wien did it in one try :laugh:

Since Red Bull took over Austria Salzburg and wiped out their entire identity, they've blown hundreds of millions and failed to qualify a single time, whereas Rapid and Austria have both qualified since then.

A couple of good quotes from the comments of my local Vienna paper this evening:

- "Nine failures in nine tries. Don't let anyone say RBS doesn't have tradition!"
- "One more CL failure and they get a star on their crest."

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad