Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Gimme Doan all day everyday over Iggy

Give me neither, plus as the poster above you said, why would they want to come here? Each guy has one last chance at a cup. They would have a better chance doing that somewhere else.

We've already moved 3 of our 7 picks from this year's draft, and one from next years, why trade more picks for guys who are almost 40, and won't be here beyond this season?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Give me neither, plus as the poster above you said, why would they want to come here? Each guy has one last chance at a cup. They would have a better chance doing that somewhere else.

We've already moved 3 of our 7 picks from this year's draft, and one from next years, why trade more picks for guys who are almost 40, and won't be here beyond this season?

This is my thought exactly. Plus they both have NTC's.

Also agreed on the second point, trading all your picks is how you tick off your scouts. We need to keep all our good ones in-house.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Bruce's sunday column again mentioning Sens have kicked tires on Duchene

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
It's been weeks of speculation and I'm still salivating over the idea of having Landeskog join our top six.

I really think he's a perfect fit on this team and he's on a great cost controlled contract. Would give us, what, seven 20 goal scorers?

Great two way game too. What a pick up this would be.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This team isn't missing a Duchene/Iginla type. We are missing an Allstar on our top line. The Sens should go hard after Tavares.

White
Lazar
Ceci
1st,

for

Tavares

People think Toronto is going to go after him but with Auston Matthews there maybe it isn't a slam dunk.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's been weeks of speculation and I'm still salivating over the idea of having Landeskog join our top six.

I really think he's a perfect fit on this team and he's on a great cost controlled contract. Would give us, what, seven 20 goal scorers?

Great two way game too. What a pick up this would be.

Cost controlled but not great for a budget team. He roughly has a 6.1M AAV in real money after this season. Which is fine, but I wouldn't say it is great. If he was a UFA today, it's probably about what he'd get on the open market.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Can't blame him for thinking Brassard doesn't shoot much. Every shot he takes is forgettable.

Wish he'd shoot less.

This is what I meant...not that he doesn't shoot, but that he shoots like a girl. Only 7% Shooting this year, which is more like a Defenseman than #1 C. Whenever he gets the puck he's looking to pass it off, even when he's in good scoring position...afraid to shoot. No wonder. Couldn't break an egg.

Compared to Zibby, who has almost as many G as Brassard in half as many games...now Zib was a threat to score from outside the dots, and could drive the net...which B can't/wont

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Brassard, 1st, gagne/lazar, harpur

Enjoy

I assume you're joking, but if you're not, this is a terrible offer. Besides, Colorado is looking for a good young defenceman as part of the deal.

This team isn't missing a Duchene/Iginla type. We are missing an Allstar on our top line. The Sens should go hard after Tavares.

White
Lazar
Ceci
1st,

for

Tavares

People think Toronto is going to go after him but with Auston Matthews there maybe it isn't a slam dunk.

Not nearly enough to get Tavares. Lazar and a mid first in a weak draft isn't that enticing. Tavares is a star player. You have to give up more to get him.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I assume you're joking, but if you're not, this is a terrible offer. Besides, Colorado is looking for a good young defenceman as part of the deal.

Not nearly enough to get Tavares. Lazar and a mid first in a weak draft isn't that enticing. Tavares is a star player. You have to give up more to get him.
People always assume that but in the end when deals are made they are nerver for that much. If the NYI are trading Tavares it's because they are going to rebuild. You are basically getting 3 first rounders who can all play in the NHL now and 1 that could be anywhere from 1-3 years away.. I was thinking of adding Pageau/Brassard but then that would definitely look like one of those crazy internet trade proposals. Also I was trying to keep the money relatively close

My thought process was to give up mostly futures to win now and not take away anything that could cause another hole for us. Tavares moves everybody into a better position.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I dont know why people put White in trade proposals for a number 1 C. Put Brown. He has more value, in a vacuum, and is still 3-4 years away possibly. White is NHL ready now and looks like the perfect agitating and complete 200 foot 2nd line C. Plus, if we're acquiring a legit number 1 C then Brown is not needed.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I dont know why people put White in trade proposals for a number 1 C. Put Brown. He has more value, in a vacuum, and is still 3-4 years away possibly. White is NHL ready now and looks like the perfect agitating and complete 200 foot 2nd line C. Plus, if we're acquiring a legit number 1 C then Brown is not needed.
But you are assuming that Brown is going to be a #1 C. I add White because his hype is high right now because of the WJC. No one has projected him to be a #1 but a sloid #2. We got those already.Kinda of like how I wanted to trade Lazar to edmonton 2 seasons ago to try and snag Draisaitl in a package. Lazar played junior there and was team captain at the worlds. Oliers could have saw that as a must have.

Brown I see more as a project 3 years from now. I would assume NY would feel the same.

People are fooling themselves if they think Turris as the #1 center can lead this team to the finals let alone a cup. If he were our #2 behind Tavares it would be crazy. Also I didn't want to give up too much just in case Tavares didn't resign. That would be the best shot at going for the title next season with Chabot in the line up as a 5-6 D. Wideman is looking better each day.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
OTT 2017 1st
ARI Michael Stone

OTT Cody Ceci, Curtis Lazar, prospect (Chlapik?)
COL Gabriel Landeskog

Landeskog - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Dzingel
Kelly - Wingels - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Stone
Claesson - Wideman

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
OTT 2017 1st
ARI Michael Stone

OTT Cody Ceci, Curtis Lazar, prospect (Chlapik?)
COL Gabriel Landeskog

Landeskog - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Dzingel
Kelly - Wingels - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Stone
Claesson - Wideman
Stone is not worth a 1st especially since he is a free agent at the end of the season. I doubt that anyone really wants Lazar. Colorado could probably get a better deal with ease.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
The reality is that at this time Lazar has little value as trade bait. Like a tumbling stock, his value is now well below what the organization had projected. Might as well hang on to him as a 4th line checking shut down guy.
He may be a late bloomer but I suspect his role has been defined after the opportunities he has been given since he broke in.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The reality is that at this time Lazar has little value as trade bait. Like a tumbling stock, his value is now well below what the organization had projected. Might as well hang on to him as a 4th line checking shut down guy.
He may be a late bloomer but I suspect his role has been defined after the opportunities he has been given since he broke in.

He scored 20 points last year so he might be a bit better then what were seeing right now. Saying that...If the goal is to win the cup this season you cut him and neil lose. Cant have them playing if you are trying to win

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

White
Lazar
Ceci
1st,

for

Tavares

You really think another team in the league can't match that? If that's what the asking price is then every GM in the league picking up their phone and offering something better.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Dont think there is a deal to be done for Landeskog or Duchene without including Chabot. I am fine with including Chabot in the deal, you have to give to get and the Avalanche desperately need high end young D.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Something around Lazar and Brandon Davidson is starting to make a lot of sense to me.

Lazar + Borowiecki

for

Davidson + Lander/Hendricks

or something like that?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
This team really needs to stay away from trades that involve big names or quality player. It always leads to regret.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
imo it's probably over-payment considering the years left on tavares' contract
This is what I'm getting at. How many team are in position to make an offer like that knowing they might lose him? If he didn't resign with us it's not the end of the world but over this season and next we go all in to try and make a run. Look at the top 6 teams in the league. Do they have the cap space or the players to give to get him? Their 1st's are going to be low picks. Does NY want to take back salary if they are going to move him? Would they not rather picks and prospects? The best deal is going to come from a team like us, middle of the pact. Tavares would want to go to a top team but being able to play with Karlsson Stone Hoffman Turris, + with stable goaltending it might be appealing.

I think we make a move on a player like Tavares or we ride it out with the picks we have and hope enough comes from it that our team improves.

Again, an American kid who Killed it at the WJC and can play at the end of the season. The package doesn't have to involve Ceci & Lazar. Looking at players with no movement clauses it's not easy to come up with some thing. I think we all would regret trading Pageau or Smith and that's why I didn't include them but they are interchangeable in this scenario. But again more money going to the islanders and I'm not sure that's what they would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad