Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
The Duchene/Landeskog talk in this thread has gone in circles for what feels like a long time. I hope someone else hits the trade block so we can have a different player to talk about. :)

What's the price on Hanzel or Boyle? Montreal radio was discussing Boyle could be had for a pick. Be a good Bottom 6 guy for us; better than what we have anyway.

Hanzel is a three zone guy and could be a nice pickup. Other than Fisher and Thornton, he's probably the best centre available that is heading to UFA (2018). I think we could sign him. Better than Kelly, Lazar, Paul at this point for sure.

Send Ryan and someone+ for Hanzel and Stone. Nice pieces. Up the price with our 1st and Gagne and get OEL (nicer pieces).

Also Blues looking for a centre. Would something around Brassard and Ryan get us into the (signed) Shattenkirk talks?

Last edited:

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
What's the price on Hanzel or Boyle? Montreal radio was discussing Boyle could be had for a pick. Be a good Bottom 6 guy for us; better than what we have anyway.

Hanzel is a three zone guy and could be a nice pickup. Other than Fisher and Thornton, he's probably the best centre available that is heading to UFA (2018). I think we could sign him. Better than Kelly, Lazar, Paul at this point for sure.

Send Ryan and someone+ for Hanzel and Stone. Nice pieces. Up the price with our 1st and Gagne and get OEL (nicer pieces).

Also Blues looking for a centre. Would something around Brassard and Ryan get us into the (signed) Shattenkirk talks?

OEL for the 20th and a run of the mill prospect? If we want OEL Hoffman Chabot white 1st is a probably about right or OEL ++ for Karlsson.

Arizona the biggest budget team in the league has no need for Ryang athe allike. Might be for the worst match in the league.

Rentals are not a good idea for ottawa imo and if we want shatternik and we think we can sign him why not wait till the July and not lose valuable pieces making it less desirable to come here?

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Why all the chat about established stars like Duchesne & Landeskog...who are pipe dreams IMO. Like shooting ducks, we should lead the target...aim for young up-and-coming Centre...Grigorenko on Avs. Doable.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I don't like Boyle.

Gagne and a first for OEL would be.......nice.

Shattenkirk in for ceci and ceci out for a forward would be a stroke of genius

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Maybe Hanzel is just a good player on an bad team. Could come to Ottawa and only score half as much.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The only way i move Chabot is if it is for a top line forward ie Duchene

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I really think we need the value of Chabot's 3 years of ELC + likely bridge deal with the Karlsson/Turris/Stone extensions coming up. Probably wouldn't move him for this reason.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
How much for Patrick Eaves ?

LW/RW 19 goals falls in the Sens budget with a 1 million dollar salary

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Here's a thought - let's keep all our prospects for once. I want to see White and Chabot and Brown and Dahlen and Chlapik in Sens' uniforms in 3 years, not playing for some other team so we can have use of someone else's cast-offs for a year.

Was Bobby Ryan worth losing Silvferberg and the 10th overall (Nick Ritchie)? No. He's a nice player and it was good PR at the time because of the Alfie-to-Detroit disaster but within 2 years it was a bad deal.

There's nothing out there that I want to trade Colin White for, I am quite certain of that. Or Chabot for that matter. If we're going to win the Cup this year it would be the result of a goaltending miracle and a run of play unprecedented in this team's history. Since that seems unlikely, why give away prospects just to move our chances from 7% to 10%?

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Hanzal - there's reportedly ~10 teams interested in him really doubt he comes here. As one of the better rentals , he easily could go for a 1st + decent prospect similar to Ladd, Vermette.

Stone - same thing as Hanzal, top 4 RHD rental is going to be a 1st +. No way Arizona wants anything to do with Ryan's contract as a budget team. They also aren't going to package both rentals into one deal when they could get more moving them separately.

OEL - not moving, and even if he was it would take a ridiculous package. Way,way,way more than what you have there. Think 2 of Chabot/White/Brown + 1st to start with and we still add.

Shattenkirk - he wants to go to an east coast US team by all accounts so I doubt he comes here let alone resigns. Regardless he's probably the best rental d-man on the market so no, we aren't getting him for Brassard + Ryan.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Here's a thought - let's keep all our prospects for once. I want to see White and Chabot and Brown and Dahlen and Chlapik in Sens' uniforms in 3 years, not playing for some other team so we can have use of someone else's cast-offs for a year.

Was Bobby Ryan worth losing Silvferberg and the 10th overall (Nick Ritchie)? No. He's a nice player and it was good PR at the time because of the Alfie-to-Detroit disaster but within 2 years it was a bad deal.

There's nothing out there that I want to trade Colin White for, I am quite certain of that. Or Chabot for that matter. If we're going to win the Cup this year it would be the result of a goaltending miracle and a run of play unprecedented in this team's history. Since that seems unlikely, why give away prospects just to move our chances from 7% to 10%?
I would only do it for Tavares. Wouldn't give up Chabot though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I would move Chabot only for Tavares or OEL.

I would try my hardest to keep Chabot in a trade for Tavares tho. We'd be dynasty-lite if we keep Chabot. (And imo we can potentially: Brown + Turris + 1st + Ceci is more than enough)

For Shattenkirk, I'd also try to keep Chabot 100% and we should. Our strength, if we do get shattenkirk, would be having Karlsson, he and Chabot on different pairings and the best defensive depth in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad