Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
So Duchene is a C/LW, but I think the Sens need more help at RW. Of all the positions up front, there's no depth there after Bobby and Stone. Lazar and Neil? Yeesh. Neither of them inspire any confidence in a top 6 role.

On LW there's Hoff, Stone and Dz. Whoever is playing 3LW can easily move up to the top 6 without skipping a beat.

If RW is the point of weakness, wouldn't it make sense to get someone to play that side?

Or is the plan to bump Dz to 4LW? Hoff and JGP work well together so is the plan then to get another top 6 LW?

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
So Duchene is a C/LW, but I think the Sens need more help at RW. Of all the positions up front, there's no depth there after Bobby and Stone. Lazar and Neil? Yeesh. Neither of them inspire any confidence in a top 6 role.

On LW there's Hoff, Stone and Dz. Whoever is playing 3LW can easily move up to the top 6 without skipping a beat.

If RW is the point of weakness, wouldn't it make sense to get someone to play that side?

Or is the plan to bump Dz to 4LW? Hoff and JGP work well together so is the plan then to get another top 6 LW?

Assuming you mean Hoff, Smith and Dz at LW.

I would like to bump Dzingel to the 4th line/trade him if his value is high. I see him as an OK middle 6er at best, and I'm concerned he's gonna ask for too much this summer. Kind of reminds me of Brandon Pirri in terms of impact, although he's a bit better defensively and less handsy.

I do agree, a 3RW would be my ideal pickup (or solidify the 4th line). I don't think now is the time to make a big trade. Summer will be crazy, good time to scoop someone up.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dzingel is our fastest player and brings that element to every line he plays on. Also good defensively. Now. If he asks for "too much" money ten whatever c ya buddy. But I don't know if that's gonna happen. People were saying Hoffman wanted "superstar" money last year. By people I mean people on this board. I would resign him to 2 mil per season.

But if the guy gets hot a pots 20-25 then it will be difficult to argue paying him a tad more

Not identical situations but Dzingel perceived value reminds me a bit of hoffmans. No one reaaally ever wanted to pencil him as a top 6 guy "oh I like him better down the lineup. Will want too. much. Trade him while value is high". Talent + work ethic usually wins out. It did for Hoffman and I think it shall for Dzingel as well.

(Yes I know Hoffman has a better shot than Dzingel)

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016

I think if you get Duchene you will move Pageau to 3rd line RW...

thus improving both the centre and RW positions

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I'm not sure if Pageau is very effective as a winger.

hes not very effective as a centre either..but we can play him as 4C if thats the case (although I thought he looked decent playing RW with Dzingel and Turris earlier in the year)...and hope White can make an impact on the wing

really he just needs to perform better than Neil and Lazar on the wing, which isn't that hard to ask.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ceci and our 2017 1st is the most I would offer for either Lando or Duschene,these guys are good ,but they arent better than what we already have in guys like Stone and Turris :nod:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Dzingle can play RW... he was doing fine there until he looked to good to keep out of the top six and moved up the lineup

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Ceci and our 2017 1st is the most I would offer for either Lando or Duschene,these guys are good ,but they arent better than what we already have in guys like Stone and Turris :nod:

Getting another 1/2 Stone/Turris level forwards would be huge... it pushes everyone down the lineup and help creates mismatches

There is no reason we can't score goals like the Minnesota Wild do... they even have Ryan esque contracts in Parise and Pominville

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dzingle can play RW... he was doing fine there until he looked to good to keep out of the top six and moved up the lineup
Agreed ,i wouldnt mind adding but not at some sort of warped fan pressured overvaluation ,which is what is happening with both Lando and Duschene

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Insider Trading on TSN has Eberle on their top 10 targets. I think he would come cheaper than Duschene or Landeskog and if it is significantly cheaper I would rather have him.

He is signed until the end of the 18/19 season

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Insider Trading on TSN has Eberle on their top 10 targets. I think he would come cheaper than Duschene or Landeskog and if it is significantly cheaper I would rather have him.

He is signed until the end of the 18/19 season
He would be a very good target for us ,but they should keep up the smokescreen by talking with the AVS:nod:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
i don't think the Senators should do much of anything. A minor tweak here or there and that's it.

I don't like the idea of going out and spending big assets to acquire "high profile" players that come from a losing organization. I'd like Duchene or Landeskog but I wouldn't load up the truck to acquire either one.

I think for the first time in a long time we have some pretty good talent on the team AND we have some blue chip prospects - two of whom are likely with the team full time next year. Tearing what we have apart, giving away quality assets for a run at what? I think that Washington and Pittsburgh are the 2 best teams I've seen this year and although we have beat them, I don't like our odds of beating them in a series let alone the possibility of having to beat both of them. Ceci out, Duchene in creates both a strength but also creates a weakness.

I'd rather see a small tweak to our bottom 6 and hold our cards and see how the blue chippers look at this point next year and what the competition looks like next year.

To me recollection, this team has never had 2 WJC players that were arguably the best players on their respective teams. I'd rather see how those guys looks in a Sens jersey then trade them away for a likely beat down at the hands of Washington or Pittsburgh.

Some time ago I posted a list of Cup winners going back 20 + years. Apart from the 06 Hurricanes, every cup winner has had at least 2 guys on their roster that either went on to be a Hall of Famer or will go on to be a Hall of famer. We have EK. We don't have that second player and I just don't see anyone on the trade market that looks like they fit the bill on being that 2nd player. Excluding Tavares in that of course, but I haven't seen anything that suggests he is on the market.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Move a 3rd for a Berglund
Move a 4th for Eaves
Can add none core prospects to packages

Dzingle - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Berglund - Eaves
Pyatt - Pageau - Lazar
Kelly and Neil as depth

That looks solid

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
^yeah it looks better for sure. I like that big berglund body there. Might have to add more to get them but it should be doable.
Of course neither team is out of the playoffs yet and they wouldn't make those deals if they make it, so....

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Dzingel is our fastest player and brings that element to every line he plays on. Also good defensively. Now. If he asks for "too much" money ten whatever c ya buddy. But I don't know if that's gonna happen. People were saying Hoffman wanted "superstar" money last year. By people I mean people on this board. I would resign him to 2 mil per season.

But if the guy gets hot a pots 20-25 then it will be difficult to argue paying him a tad more

Not identical situations but Dzingel perceived value reminds me a bit of hoffmans. No one reaaally ever wanted to pencil him as a top 6 guy "oh I like him better down the lineup. Will want too. much. Trade him while value is high". Talent + work ethic usually wins out. It did for Hoffman and I think it shall for Dzingel as well.

(Yes I know Hoffman has a better shot than Dzingel)

Better shot, better hands, better passing, better everything offensively. I just don't see the top end upside in Dzingel like Hoffman has. Not to say he isn't a good player... I just think he could be used to get a much better and more useful player for us.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Move a 4th for Eaves

Dzingle - Turris - Stone
Smith - Berglund - Eaves
Pyatt - Pageau - Lazar
Kelly and Neil as depth

That looks solid

Why would Dallas trade one of their best players this season for a 4rth? What is that 4rth going to do for them? Dallas has no need for a late pick. They'd be stupid to trade a guy on pace for 30 for nothing. Might as well keep him and let him walk to FA. Besides, they'll get better offers than that.

Berglund would be a good fit but again why would the Blues want a 3rd rounder? They are going to make the playoffs and Berglund would help them a lot more than a erd and he's off the books for next year so it's not like they need to trade him for monetary reasons

These guys would be good acquisitions but unless we add something enticing I doubt we'd be able to acquire them. Eaves is worth more to Dallas than other teams. Not as much for Berglund but still.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Move a 4th for Eaves

Dzingle - Turris - Stone
Smith - Berglund - Eaves
Pyatt - Pageau - Lazar
Kelly and Neil as depth

That looks solid

Don't see why either team would do those deals, but both are guys I'd like to add (especially Berglund)

scheps

May 28, 2015
Lazar for Vrbata and michael stone

Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingle-turris-ryan
Hoffman-pageau-vrbata
Pyatt-kelly-neil
*maybe pick up a fourth line winger as well
That's 3 really good lines

Methot-karlsson
Phaneuf-stone
Boro-ceci
Wideman

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Lazar for Vrbata and michael stone

Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingle-turris-ryan
Hoffman-pageau-vrbata
Pyatt-kelly-neil
*maybe pick up a fourth line winger as well
That's 3 really good lines

Methot-karlsson
Phaneuf-stone
Boro-ceci
Wideman

We'd probably be able to land one of them with Lazar.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dzingel seemed to have some chemistry with Brassard, but with the Smith-Brassard-Stone line being super hot, I can't see it getting broken up any time soon.

The guy is on pace for 40 points, but has really slowed down recently (4 points in his last 11 games). So although like most players, he might hit another hot streak, it isn't inconceivable that he could finish with 35 or less points.

If the guy can "learn" to finish, he could be a first line producer. He creates a lot of chances with his speed, but he can't seem to bury them. I like Dzingel, but I wouldn't be upset if the Sens either moved him in the summer and got something good back, or if they moved him as value in a package deal for an upgrade. If the Sens think he'll be a solid 30-40 point middle sixer, there's not much point in moving him unless someone else is paying like they think he is a speedy (in vogue right now due to PITs) player with strong 2nd line upside.

Ultimately, he still has value to this team, and I wouldn't worry about him asking for big money. He'll sign for something like 2M x 2-3 years. Look at how frugal the Sens have been with their contracts. A former 7th round pick in his mid 20s who hits 40 points in his first full season with only 30 games experience isn't gonna get big money. He could hold out for arbitration, but like most players I would guess he'd prioritize a secure contract rather than having to prove himself again. If he is offered a 2-3 year deal for 2 million a season, I can't see him passing that kind of security up.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Have to consider that Dzingle is still getting his feet wet at this level. He hasn't even played a full season. Imagine once he get more use to the NHL and gets more confident, he will be a force. He is too valuable to the team, along with Hoffman. The speed these 2 brings is needed more than ever in today's NHL.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I'd do something around Eberle for Methot but only because I'm 99% sure we're loosing a defenseman this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad