Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
No one big is getting traded. Accept that.

When the expansion happens, we will probably lose a minor piece. Ryan, Phaneuf, Brassard, Turris, are here to stay.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This team needs to get another D man even if Methot gets healthy. Someone is always gonna be hurt anyways.

We have some decent prospects on D coming, better off seeing if they work out before making a trade for a top 4 D because they ain't cheap.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Maybe we should protect Karlsson, Phaneuf, and Methot in the expansion draft, and is LV takes Ceci, we try to sign Micheal Stone in the offseason(yeah, yeah I know, the budget).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Maybe we should protect Karlsson, Phaneuf, and Methot in the expansion draft, and is LV takes Ceci, we try to sign Micheal Stone in the offseason(yeah, yeah I know, the budget).

Ceci has serious value in trades. Not a guy you simply leave unprotected

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we trade Ryan, we will have to take on another mediocre contract. No one is going take on 7,25 cap hit and not send a "meh" contract our way.

I think he meant via expansion draft.

And for what it's worth, rather than take on a meh contract, we could retain salary if we really wanted him gone.

Basically, assess his fair market value (contract wise) and retain enough to bring him down to that, and we should be able to get reasonable assets back. Retain more, and we could get a premium back.

So, for example if the market thinks he's a 5 mil player, we retain 2.25 abd could get probably a late 1st, or a package or prospects whatever. Retain 3.6 and we could probably get a very nice return. The question is whether or not we can find a better fit for the money we free up, because odds are we won't get a better player.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I can't remember, how does player protection come into play with UFAs?

Let's say we trade for Michael Stone at the deadline. Could we hold out on giving him a contract AFTER the expansion draft so Vegas can't claim him from us?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not one of the Melnyk haters but I can't see us ever retaining in a bid to ship Ryan out.

Nor can I, but mostly because I see the management as valuing Ryan.

For example, I have little doubt that if anyone wanted him, they'd have retained to get rid of Greening when he was in Bingo.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can't remember, how does player protection come into play with UFAs?

Let's say we trade for Michael Stone at the deadline. Could we hold out on giving him a contract AFTER the expansion draft so Vegas can't claim him from us?

No, they get a week or something to go after UFA before everyone else.

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
Step 1: Get Brodin/Another top 4 LHD

Step 2: Expose Methot and Ceci

Step 3: Vegas takes Methot, Brodin - Karlsson, Phaneuf-Ceci
Step 3.1: Vegas takes Ceci, Brodin- Karlsson, Methot- Phaneuf

or

Step 1: Mi. Stone wants to come to Ottawa

Step 2: Expose Ceci

Step 3: Vegas takes Ceci, sucks but Methot-Karlsson, Phaneuf- Stone

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
Step 1: Get Brodin/Another top 4 LHD

Step 2: Expose Methot and Ceci

Step 3: Vegas takes Methot, Brodin - Karlsson, Phaneuf-Ceci
Step 3.1: Vegas takes Ceci, Brodin- Karlsson, Methot- Phaneuf

or

Step 1: Mi. Stone wants to come to Ottawa

Step 2: Expose Ceci

Step 3: Vegas takes Ceci, sucks but Methot-Karlsson, Phaneuf- Stone

If they're even thinking about exposing Ceci, they'll try to trade him first. Yost was reporting that they declined several impact forward offers for him this summer. Could be FoS, but I bet he has significant value in the league.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Call up EDM ,and swing a deal for Pouliot and Eberle ,Give them Ryan and Lazar.Helps with the depth in both sides if the wing and gets rid of Ryan,s contract .Seeing as people just wont let it go

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Call up EDM ,and swing a deal for Pouliot and Eberle ,Give them Ryan and Lazar.Helps with the depth in both sides if the wing and gets rid of Ryan,s contract .Seeing as people just wont let it go

Add Kelly and Hammond and its a deal for me! :)

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
If you had Landeskog would you accept Chabot, Lazar and a 1st?

Depends on the situation. If my team is throwing in the towel and looking for fresh assets, I certainly consider it. I agree I'd probably want more, but much more probably isn't realistic.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Depends on the situation. If my team is throwing in the towel and looking for fresh assets, I certainly consider it. I agree I'd probably want more, but much more probably isn't realistic.

Why not go after Duchene or MacKinnon instead of their Captain. I don't think either of those 3 are going anywhere.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Why not go after Duchene or MacKinnon instead of their Captain. I don't think either of those 3 are going anywhere.

I would rather do Ceci + Lazar + 1st. Maybe a 2nd or a prospect like Gagne instead of the 1st because Ceci has more value than Chabot for now.

I think one of those three is or will be on the market. The Avs need upgrades all over their lineup. Especially on D.

Landeskog-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone

Methot-Ceci
Chabot-Phaneuf

If you trade for MacKinnon or Duchene you have to give them Brassard back in the deal so they can get a center. I don't think that would happen considering we just got him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would rather do Ceci + Lazar + 1st. Maybe a 2nd or a prospect like Gagne instead of the 1st because Ceci has more value than Chabot for now.

I think one of those three is or will be on the market. The Avs need upgrades all over their lineup. Especially on D.

Landeskog-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone

Methot-Ceci
Chabot-Phaneuf

If you trade for MacKinnon or Duchene you have to give them Brassard back in the deal so they can get a center. I don't think that would happen considering we just got him.

I would have no issues moving Brassard + a first + for either one of those guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad