Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Value of Phaneuf contract

Just wondering what you would pay for a team to take Phaneuf's contract off your hands?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just wondering what you would pay for a team to take Phaneuf's contract off your hands?

Nothing. We can't afford to move any of the defensemen in our top 4 right now.

Maybe, if Chabot develops the way we project, we will move Phaneuf in 2 years.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
1) Bobby Ryan for Eberle: Change of scenario for both players

2) Hoffman for Brock Nelson: Tavares gets his winger and we get Nelson so our top 6 isnt small and improve 2 way game on the wings

Nelson-Turris-Dzingel
Eberle-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
well I said it months ago and ill say it now, we need a top 6 forward. Get on that Dorion

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Allegedly, doubt he actually is being shopped. What they looking for? Doesn't matter, I'd aggressively go after him.

They talked about it on CBCs version of insider trading. They used very vague terms about what the asking price would be without actually giving a real world answer such as "it'd take a 1st round pick" so the truth is nobody has any idea about what it would take. "Duclair can be had for the right price" I think was the quote.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Do the Sens have anything to trade?

You're not going to move EK, Turris, Brassard, Stone or Dzingle, Anderson... ideally you're adding to these guys, it be counter productive to move one to bring in a replacement

You can't move Ryan or Phanuef due to the contracts they have

So what's enticing for other clubs?
Hoffman - Move the teams fastest skater?
Methot, Ceci - Open up a spot in the top four?

Guys like Pageau, Lazar, Smith don't have the value to bring back difference makers... maybe in a package with a future

Futures?
Don't have a 2017 or 2018 2nd
So the clubs best trade bait is White, Brown, Chabot, 2017 1st, 2018 1st
______

Option 1
Trade Hoffman for another top six forward and hope that fixes chemistry within the team.

Option 2
Packaging a Lazar/Pageau with a futures (1st/Brown/White/Chabot) for a top six forward

What else can the Sens do?

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Do the Sens have anything to trade?

You're not going to move EK, Turris, Brassard, Stone or Dzingle, Anderson... ideally you're adding to these guys, it be counter productive to move one to bring in a replacement

You can't move Ryan or Phanuef due to the contracts they have

So what's enticing for other clubs?
Hoffman - Move the teams fastest skater?
Methot, Ceci - Open up a spot in the top four?

Guys like Pageau, Lazar, Smith don't have the value to bring back difference makers... maybe in a package with a future

Futures?
Don't have a 2017 or 2018 2nd
So the clubs best trade bait is White, Brown, Chabot, 2017 1st, 2018 1st
______

Option 1
Trade Hoffman for another top six forward and hope that fixes chemistry within the team.

Option 2
Packaging a Lazar/Pageau with a futures (1st/Brown/White/Chabot) for a top six forward

What else can the Sens do?

Mesured by who ? By my eyetest, Dzingel not only faster, but much better "i know how to use my speed and when" player.
I think option 1 is not bad at all. Maybe its even a time to make Turris like move. Take some player and hope he turns his game/attitude around. Evander Kane ?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hoffman is faster skater but Dzingel is faster skater with puck. Could very well be 3rd behind McDavid and Karlsson. Dzingel does look like he's up there with EK and Hoffman tho. I remember broadcaster saying they'd like to see a race between McDavid and Dzingel of all people.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Interesting to hear Simmer mention that he's heard from three different sources in and around the NYR that many are concerned about Zibanejad and his effort/commitment. Apparently the 14 points he's put up in 18 games have mostly been meaningless - late in blowouts kinda stuff.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Interesting to hear Simmer mention that he's heard from three different sources in and around the NYR that many are concerned about Zibanejad and his effort/commitment. Apparently the 14 points he's put up in 18 games have mostly been meaningless - late in blowouts kinda stuff.

Not sure if you listened to the end of the post game podcast, but Simmer also said that if he was Sens Management he'd be praying, especially if Zibanjads comes in & puts points on the board while Brass & Sens are currently struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->