Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
We have enough money. It's just that the way it's been currently allocated by this Management team to certain players is disastrous as money is tied up and concentrated in big unworthy contracts like PHANEUF and Bobby Ryan, Hammond , Neil

We're $10mil under the salary cap dude. If we can't add a $1mil contract to make the team better, I'm pretty sure we have no money.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
We're $10mil under the salary cap dude. If we can't add a $1mil contract to make the team better, I'm pretty sure we have no money.

If people haven't realized this by now, you're probably just wasting your time explaining it :laugh:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
No way. He's a bust, not to mention e came off as having a bit of an attitude as well. Like he thought he was better than what he really was. That's just my opinion though

in the media when going thru a rough time, yes.
in person he was a very nice guy with fans and seemed to go out of his way. I have great respect of him for what I saw. I truly hope he's able to come back and play in the NHL. Its a shame that things didn't work out here.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-win-arbitration-hearing-jared-cowen/

The Leafs placed Jared Cowen on unconditional waivers back on June 15 with the intention of buying out the remaining year of his deal. Cowen cleared waivers the next day, but concerns about the 25-year-old's health kept the buyout from being processed. (The former Ottawa Senators forward has been dealing with lingering effects from a 2012 hip surgery.)

oh sportsnet...

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Cowen will always be one of the biggest Sens-related disappointments for me.

I REALLY wanted Cowen-Karlsson to be our top D pairing for the next decade.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Cowen will always be one of the biggest Sens-related disappointments for me.

I REALLY wanted Cowen-Karlsson to be our top D pairing for the next decade.

Same. The thing is he has been probably the most mishandled prospect we had in awhile also. Injuries played into that factor but I believe we burnt one of his ELC years rushing him when in hindsight he probably should have spent time in the AHL. It seemed everytime he got something going he had an injury. The latest lockout he was great in the few AHL games he played then got injured and didn't get back to that performance.

He went from Spokane, to 10 playoff games for Bingo, to 249 games with Ottawa. See what's missing?

Last edited:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

That's my major point for getting rid of Ryan... open up money in the budget to improve depth

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's my major point for getting rid of Ryan... open up money in the budget to improve depth

It isn't your major point, it's what everybody who constantly harps about getting rid of him constantly spews.

But that does not alter the simple fact that we wouldn't be able to simply dump salary even if we were to trade away Ryan.

At which point, you are better off keeping Bobby.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This team needs to get another D man even if Methot gets healthy. Someone is always gonna be hurt anyways.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This team needs to get another D man even if Methot gets healthy. Someone is always gonna be hurt anyways.

Oduya is supposedly available. 3.75 M M-NTC (17 teams can be traded to) UFA next year. about 2.5 of that salary is remaining.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

This was apparent all summer, no clue why Dorian sat on his ass when guys like Quincey and Siedenberg signed for peanuts.

(I know, budget, they have to want to come here, etc. etc......)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This was apparent all summer, no clue why Dorian sat on his ass when guys like Quincey and Siedenberg signed for peanuts.

(I know, budget.....)

Those guys have to fit in the budget... they were either slow to offer, or they didn't want to come here. I think they could have got Seidenberg if they pounced on the chance on time.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

This is no doubt a concern.

Bondra is right, everyone knew we needed a number 5 and Dorion didnt address it. Seidenberg woulda been perf, now we gotta find someone else and give up assets.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'm not in the trade Bobby camp by any means, but what do you think the chances are of this being realistic?

NJD: Ryan
OTT: Smith-Pelly, Bastian, 2nd

NJ picks up an extra ~5M in cap but gets someone to solidify their top six right side. They have plenty of cap space.

Ottawa gets out of the contract and opens up a protection slot for expansion. This moves Dzingel into the top six along side Turris.

Then Ottawa makes a move for Landeskog.

COL: Chabot, Lazar, 1st (something like this)
OTT: Landeskog

The price is steep. Colorado has got to be thinking about the future at this point.

Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Landeskog - Turris - Dzingel
Smith - Pageau - DSP
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil

Methot - EK
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Andy
Condon

Expansion:
Stone, Turris, Hoffman, Brassard, Landeskog, Dzingel, Pageau
Karlsson, Phaneuf, Ceci (and maybe pay LV to not take Methot)
Anderson

Sorry if any typos, on mobile.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I'm not in the trade Bobby camp by any means, but what do you think the chances are of this being realistic?

NJ picks up an extra ~5M in cap but gets someone to solidify their top six right side. They have plenty of cap space.

Ottawa gets out of the contract and opens up a protection slot for expansion. This moves Dzingel into the top six along side Turris.

The price is steep. Colorado has got to be thinking about the future at this point.

Smith - Pageau - DSP
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil

Methot - EK
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Andy
Condon

Expansion:
Anderson

Not realistic. COL would want more for landeskog. NJD has no need for Ryan and his contract

choi

The Moment
Jul 27, 2010
Seoul
Ceci and 1st for JVR at the draft?

Allows us to keep Methot, expose Ryan, and assuming that Vegas takes Ryan, it allows us to make a UFA signing for a top 4 D.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
van Riemsdyk - Brassard - MacArthur
Dzingel - Pageau - Lazar
Smith - White - Varone

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - UFA
Borowiecki - Wideman
Chabot

Anderson
Condon

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Smith - Pageau - DSP
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil

Methot - EK
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Andy
Condon

Expansion:
Anderson

If you had Landeskog would you accept Chabot, Lazar and a 1st?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Ceci and 1st for JVR at the draft?

Allows us to keep Methot, expose Ryan, and assuming that Vegas takes Ryan, it allows us to make a UFA signing for a top 4 D.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
van Riemsdyk - Brassard - MacArthur
Dzingel - Pageau - Lazar
Smith - White - Varone

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - UFA
Borowiecki - Wideman
Chabot

Anderson
Condon

I dont think we'd need to give up a first. Ceci for JVR would be fair. but Management would never do it. Ceci is here to stay, Top 4 RHD from Ottawa they wont move that

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, MacArthur's insurance coverage kicks in at game 31, 17 December. He`s targeting a Jan return, so best case missing 6 games that are covered by insurance.

If he's covered at 50%, that's about 170K back in the budget, at 80% it's 272k.

Purcell has a bit over 1 mil remaining owed to him this season, we could think of adding him as adding about 800k to our budget. If we move a contract back the other way (say a minor league'r like Stortini that makes decent coin (200k AHL) but isn't going to affect LA's cap situation, we could think of it as adding him for around 600k,

If we want Purcell as a depth player, there are certainly ways to make it work in the budget and for LA's cap.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So, MacArthur's insurance coverage kicks in at game 31, 17 December. He`s targeting a Jan return, so best case missing 6 games that are covered by insurance.

If he's covered at 50%, that's about 170K back in the budget, at 80% it's 272k.

Purcell has a bit over 1 mil remaining owed to him this season, we could think of adding him as adding about 800k to our budget. If we move a contract back the other way (say a minor league'r like Stortini that makes decent coin (200k AHL) but isn't going to affect LA's cap situation, we could think of it as adding him for around 600k,

If we want Purcell as a depth player, there are certainly ways to make it work in the budget and for LA's cap.

It's really sad to even have to think about a scenario like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad