Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXVIII | Trade Deadline Approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Pens need Letang, Maatta, and Dumoulin to play to their potential moreso than they need to go out and get anyone else on defense. I do think an upgrade on Bonino and maybe Kunitz (if he's relegated to the fourth line - otherwise DEFINITELY) is needed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
JR's reaction to this should be . . . interesting

#prayforourprospects

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Craig Custance
‏Verified account @CraigCustance

Sounds like it never got close between Penguins and Blues regarding a Shattenkirk deal. High price kept Pittsburgh out of it.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Kind of like when we went all in with Iggy, Morrow and Murray and won the cup right?

This is my exact mindset. I actually just texted my buddy the same thing because he was saying what a powerhouse the Caps are going to be now. Winning the trade deadline doesn't mean you are going to win the Cup. What if Shatty doensn't mesh well with anyone in Washington. The Pens will make another move I am sure. I honestly think that GMJR will try to land Smith from Detroit and make one final push for Duchene. I still think that the Pens could beat anyone if they play up to their capabilities

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Caps are gonna have a different game plan if we meet them in the playoffs this year. They've got too much depth and size for this Pens team to handle IMO. Everyone will point to last year but this Caps team is even better than last and like I said, will have a different game plan in place...

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Not worried about the Caps going all in at all. They were going to be tough regardless.

1. If the Pens don't get faster before the playoffs they weren't going to beat a Shattenkirkless Caps anyway, now even more so.

2. Glad we didn't pay the high price for what would've been a redundant move if the above doesn't manifest.

3. I feel they'd get more out of a Duchene deal anyway, though if the team is serious about wanting to repeat, they probably need to land him now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Apparently the Pens didn't really tender nearly as good a deal. Still waiting to see what the Caps gave up.

And if you're not worried about the Caps, you'd better be now. The Pens need to get something of significance imo.

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
The Caps are on paper an extremely powerful team up and down. We gotta do something big and smart.

What do you mean? We already acquired Hainsey. Caps got a pistol, we got a tank.

Hainsey will block every shot shattenkirk ever takes and sleep with every gf shatty ever had.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Craig Custance

Sounds like it never got close between Penguins and Blues regarding a Shattenkirk deal. High price kept Pittsburgh out of it.

Attaboy JR.

I don't see how you match up against a defense of Shattenkirk, Niskanen and Carlson. Especially with Maatta and Daley returning from long term injuries and Letang most likely not being 100%.

I think our offense matches up against anyone if people are playing where they're supposed to be.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Craig Custance

My understanding is that JR liked him, but he didn't like him that much. Will be interesting to see how Shattenkirk to Washington changes his perspective, if at all.

BTW, hockey gods help us having to kill penalties against that team.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Not worried about the Caps going all in at all. They were going to be tough regardless.

1. If the Pens don't get faster before the playoffs they weren't going to beat a Shattenkirkless Caps anyway, now even more so.

2. Glad we didn't pay the high price for what would've been a redundant move if the above doesn't manifest.

3. I feel they'd get more out of a Duchene deal anyway, though if the team is serious about wanting to repeat, they probably need to land him now.

They haven't announced the price yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad