Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXVIII | Trade Deadline Approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Caps just got a guy from another losing culture. Shattenkirk is a very good player and he will make them better, but he doesn't bring them anything in the leadership department and they still badly need that. The only proven winner on their team is Orpik and Orpik is over the hill.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Pierre LeBrun
‏Verified account @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Shattenkirk trade has other details but main parts I believe: 1st RD pick in 2017, 2nd RD pick in 2018 and Zach Ranford going to St. Louis

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
My understanding is that JR liked him, but he didn't like him that much. Will be interesting to see how Shattenkirk to Washington changes his perspective, if at all.

BTW, hockey gods help us having to kill penalties against that team.

No need for God's when you've got Hainsey. ;)

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Think one thing this move does is solidifies the importance of securing that first wild card for anyone in the metro not the Caps. The best chance to beat them will be after they've had to slog through the metro bracket in the ECF, and hope they're banged up to a significant enough degree.

I think our offense matches up against anyone if people are playing where they're supposed to be.

Eh, Crosby and Malkin got pretty well shutdown against the Caps last year, Kessel's line saved their bacon. Even with everyone playing in their "correct" place there's no reason to expect that to change to any significant degree barring something like a Duchene acquisition.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Looks like 1st+2nd+prospect for Shattenkirk.

That's a steep price to pay, but the Caps have to go all in. I like the move from them.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I've never been that big a fan of Shattenkirk. As far as 'No.1 Defensemen' go, I've always though of him more Keith Yandle than, you know, Pronger or something.

Still, it's not much to give up. The picks are picks and Zach Sanford is an average prospect.

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
Caps just got a guy from another losing culture. Shattenkirk is a very good player and he will make them better, but he doesn't bring them anything in the leadership department and they still badly need that. The only proven winner on their team is Orpik and Orpik is over the hill.

and orpik is far from a leader. he's a little b*&^& that throws teammates under the bus, and never took accountability for his own actions

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I would've paid that price for Shattenkirk, no question. Ugh.

We might need some of those pieces for another trade.

C'mon JR you get Duchene! Say it with me you pancake eating mother ****** ;)

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah a 1st in his draft was a given. So pretty much a 2nd next year and garbage?

I'll wait to judge Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark