Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXVIII | Trade Deadline Approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Shush you little babies. Who cares about the Caps. Hardly anyone on that team knows how or has had a history of winning. It'll make a potential matchup that much sweeter

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Shush you little babies. Who cares about the Caps. Hardly anyone on that team knows how or has had a history of winning. It'll make a potential matchup that much sweeter

They lost to us last season because they had Mike Richards and Mike Weber in spots they now have Lars Eller and Shattenkirk.

They pretty good.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Shattenkirk on the Caps. Wow. That's a hell of a lot better than their Mike Weber addition last deadline. I mean damn, this Caps team was always going to be an unbelievably tough out and it just got even tougher. Have to wonder if JR will make a big response type of move in this Metro division arms race.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
That could (probably does) put the Caps over the top. The only thing they were missing was another horse on the backend.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Flower has been trash here in the playoffs for almost a decade now. I've been done with him as the starter for years and quite frankly if Murray had tanked this season and we had already traded Flower, we'd be no worse off then trusting that headcase to win a playoff round. The blind loyalty to this guy because he smiles and is goofy on and off the ice is tragic. He has wilted under any real pressure his entire career all the way back to juniors.

I use to defend him to my friends all the way back in '07. They would mock him and call him a choker who just flops around but nah, I'd say he's so athletic and quick! Then he would go and let in some bone head goal every god damn round or game.

There comes a point when you have to cut your losses and face reality for what it is.
Exactly. There is and was zero risk of keeping Murray. The alternative was more risky. Budaj could do as well as Fleury here.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
That could (probably does) put the Caps over the top. The only thing they were missing was another horse on the backend.

Yep. Caps are playing chess while the Pens are playing checkers with Kunitz attached to Sid and Geno's hips...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins need to make a move to match this, they just have to. The curren team isn't good enough to match up with a Caps team adding Shattenkirk.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
The Caps are on paper an extremely powerful team up and down. We gotta do something big and smart.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The Penguins need to make a move to match this, they just have to. The curren team isn't good enough to match up with a Caps team adding Shattenkirk.

If we're healthy with players playing where they ought to play, I think we can beat anyone.

But that's a crapshoot.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

If a reasonable one can be made, sure. I don't wanna give up the farm just to get Duchene or whoever.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
When did Shattenkirk become Bobby Orr? I'm glad Washington (hopefully) overpaid for him rather than Pittsburgh. This move doesn't phase me in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad