Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXVIII | Trade Deadline Approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
JR: It's going to be a quiet night tonight.
*Pens trade for Shattenkirk and Duchene*

The asterik aside, yeah, JR leading people to print it should be a quiet night means nothing. After all, he can say the call that changed everything came.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Same. Sprong was a point a game pace in his first 12 games after coming back, 12 points in 12 games, and has averaged 2 1/2 points/game since, 25 points in the last 10.

I would not be shocked to see him in Pittsburgh if they run deep in the playoffs, as one of their black aces supporting the team. I realize it is just juniors but he will have turned 20 by that time and have been back playing for a few months by then.

I truly believe Sprong will be one of the bigger steals of the 2015 draft. I've thought this since his name was announced. I hope he has the opportunity to show what he can do and develop as a star in the league for the Pens

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The asterik aside, yeah, JR leading people to print it should be a quiet night means nothing. After all, he can say the call that changed everything came.

I personally don't think we will do anything major. Maybe 1 more dman for the bottom pair? that's probably all we do IMO. I'm pretty confident we keep Fleury and buy him out.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Not surprised. Pens and Caps are only willing to pay the rental price. I'm sure they're hoping the Rangers will pay a premium on the assumption that they'd have a big inside track to re-sign him.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I truly believe Sprong will be one of the bigger steals of the 2015 draft. I've thought this since his name was announced. I hope he has the opportunity to show what he can do and develop as a star in the league for the Pens

Thought the same thing as well. I just hope we have the patience to get him here.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Huh... Not great. Sure hope we make a splash now, though I don't think anyone does anything for us aside from Duchene--and I doubt he moves until the summer.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Shattenkirk makes the Caps the cup contender. We'd better do something smart.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
It's their year, man. Obviously the playoffs are a different animal, but they're set up really really well. Their lines are people who are actually supposed to be in those roles and their D is solid.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Washington needed to do it if we were the only other suitor. Good on them.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
this would be rather amusing if this turned out to be another iginla scenario. media reports him to boston...only for him to come here :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad