Salary Cap: 2016-17 roster-building part XVI | Contract/FA charts, cap info in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm fine with how that Shero argument progressed. Moving on to more current issues...

Rieder is a beast. If Vesey wasn't a free asset I'd definitely prefer to acquire Rieder. How much money does he want or is AZ just low balling him?

He'd be a nice target but how do they afford him?

Wanted him for a couple of years now. He's perfect for us but we'd need cap space and I'm not quite sure what we could give them.

Would love to acquire him. But what would we be giving Arizona for him? Other than seeing if there's something there with Pouliot or perhaps Bleuger (not even sure they need another C prospect who hasn't played an NHL game), I have a hard time seeing the fit. But if there was a way to make it happen, I'd be very very happy.

Edit. As for the cap space to sign him... we could always trade Kunitz or even Fehr if Rutherford needed cap space. I don't think either are all that likely - however I do think both are probably more likely then some of the other options we have. I mean no one else makes enough to make it worth it or are too valuable to move to make cap space for Reider.

Apparently Rieder's looking for a 2-3 year deal at 2.75 mil per but the Yotes are low-balling him...possibly because the good young wing options they have coming up give them some leverage.

No idea what they'd be looking for.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Apparently Rieder's looking for a 2-3 year deal at 2.75 mil per but the Yotes are low-balling him...possibly because the good young wing options they have coming up give them some leverage.

No idea what they'd be looking for.

I can't really imagine Coyotes would move on from him, but I'd definitely be interested if they were open to it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I love the back and forth that goes on with these FA signings. They quickly become a my Dad is better than your Dad argument and completely leave behind debate about the actual player.

As if the player's choice validates the quality and chances of your team in the coming year(s).

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Alot of those bonuses he realistically wont meet. Winning or being top-3 for the calder, top 10 in points. If he signs with us he probably wouldn't meet the games played bonus either

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Watching a bunch of anonymous people rage about the Penguins success is one of the most enjoyable things about being part of the forums here. It is hilarious how much random hate people throw our way.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Spying on the Flyers' board during this past playoffs used up all of our Schadenfreude Allocation for the decade.

"Guys, I don't know why you're beating yourselves up like this. The Penguins are winning the Stanley Cup this year. They get a goal from some no-name every time they need one. I've seen team's of destiny before, and this is one of them. If you give up hope and just accept that this is their year, the torture of seeing it's not as bad, I promise."

-some guy on their board every game starting in the Washington series.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
One of the best parts of the internet is finding people freaking out about something that you either are happy about or don't care about. It's ****ing hilarious.

"Guys, I don't know why you're beating yourselves up like this. The Penguins are winning the Stanley Cup this year. They get a goal from some no-name every time they need one. I've seen team's of destiny before, and this is one of them. If you give up hope and just accept that this is their year, the torture of seeing it's not as bad, I promise."

-some guy on their board every game starting in the Washington series.

"Our future is better and they tanked" Yeah, I'll take the two cups they've won.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I havent had any hope of vesey signing with the Pens. My main concern is that he signs we Chicago. Anywhere else i could care less.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
One of the best parts of the internet is finding people freaking out about something that you either are happy about or don't care about. It's ****ing hilarious.

"Our future is better and they tanked" Yeah, I'll take the two cups they've won.

Too bad Giroux, Simmonds, and Voracek are all going to be in their 30's if/when their defense comes together. Voracek isn't worth his contract, Simmonds seems like a player that won't age well, and Giroux hasn't been anything close to what he was in 2012.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I completely blanked on the fact that the kid is a Hobey Baker winner.

A 23 year old Hobey Baker winner.

Might just want to save ourselves the time and money and pass.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I completely blanked on the fact that the kid is a Hobey Baker winner.

A 23 year old Hobey Baker winner.

Might just want to save ourselves the time and money and pass.

I have it on good authority (the trade board) that his ceiling is 35 goals and his floor is 25 goals.

That puts him at least in the top 45 or so goal scorers in the NHL as a rookie and with a top five scorer potential.

When has the trade board ever been wrong?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wouldn't we have to send some people down to fit Vesey in?

This does give them 23 roster players, including 14 forwards. So one of the kids would have to go down (until the inevitable injuries in training camp).

I never thought the chances for Vesey were good anyways, but it still would be possible.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
As I said above, the Cullen signing has zero relation to the potential adding of Vesey.

GMJR is always very up front. To a fault actually.

Sullivan would have called the Cullen signing a day to day possibility for weeks after the signing.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So...even if we don't sign Vesey, that's a pretty full line-up.

Barring injury, one of Wilson or Sheary's going to be in the press box/WBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad