With everyone healthy:

Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak
Vatrano/Krejci/Backes
Beleskey/Czarnik/Acciari
Blidh/Moore/Hayes

Chara/Carlo
Krug/McQuaid
Kevan/Colin

Where is spooner? Also Im not a fan of accari on the 3rd line, no real offense with him (at least to this point) Have hayes sit, he doesnt fit on the crash and bang 4th line and doesn't score enough for a top 9 spot have debrusk heinen cehlarik fight for that spot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Too many question marks up front, but this is what I'd love to see on D.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure Julien would NEVER go for it, but I'd love to see it. You can always make adjustments late in games depending on the situation.

Established Top 4

Chara - Carlo

Krug - Colin

I'd love to see what Krug could do with another legitimate puck-mover as his partner, both from a transition standpoint, and in the offensive zone. We don't know as we've rarely seen it. But I'm not one who believes Krug HAS to have a big, strong, defensive type as his partner. Heck, we've seen Morrow-Colin as a pair and be capable defensively.

LD rotation - Liles and Morrow

RD rotation - Kevan and McQuaid

Late in games defending the lead, they would still always have the option of moving up Kevan or McQuaid to try and hold that lead.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure Julien would NEVER go for it, but I'd love to see it. You can always make adjustments late in games depending on the situation.

Established Top 4

Chara - Carlo

Krug - Colin

I'd love to see what Krug could do with another legitimate puck-mover as his partner, both from a transition standpoint, and in the offensive zone. We don't know as we've rarely seen it. But I'm not one who believes Krug HAS to have a big, strong, defensive type as his partner. Heck, we've seen Morrow-Colin as a pair and be capable defensively.

Late in games defending the lead, they would still always have the option of moving up Kevan or McQuaid to try and hold that lead.

Aside from McQuaid, Krug's most common d-partner is, in fact, Colin Miller. It's only been 75 minutes, and they have not given up a goal or had the Bruins score a goal while they are on the ice... but their Corsi is near 70%, albeit with EXTREME offensive zone starts.

edit: I have been against this idea as a pairing, but IF Colin strings together a few games like the last one, would be in favor of checking it out.

edit #2: I do take issue with your take on Morrow/Colin as a pairing, though... over the last two seasons they have a 45% Corsi despite starting 75% (!!!) of their shifts from the red line in.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Established Top 4

Chara - Carlo

Krug - Colin

I like that a lot and if Colin continues to play like he did last night I'd be all for it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Aside from McQuaid, Krug's most common d-partner is, in fact, Colin Miller. It's only been 75 minutes, and they have not given up a goal or had the Bruins score a goal while they are on the ice... but their Corsi is near 70%, albeit with EXTREME offensive zone starts.

edit: I have been against this idea as a pairing, but IF Colin strings together a few games like the last one, would be in favor of checking it out.

Yeah, and for me, it's more along the lines of "I think this would be cool if it worked out" than "I think this is a great idea".

But if Colin plays like he did especially on Sunday (where he was the best player for either team to these eyes), I'd love to see him given Top 4 responsibility alongside Krug. I think it could work, especially when you have a legit top end shutdown pair in Chara-Carlo taking so many big tough minutes, allows them to deploy Krug-Colin better/easier.

But I've also been promoting Colin Miller hard all season so I'm pretty biased at this stage. :laugh:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah, and for me, it's more along the lines of "I think this would be cool if it worked out" than "I think this is a great idea".

But if Colin plays like he did especially on Sunday (where he was the best player for either team to these eyes), I'd love to see him given Top 4 responsibility alongside Krug. I think it could work, especially when you have a legit top end shutdown pair in Chara-Carlo taking so many big tough minutes, allows them to deploy Krug-Colin better/easier.

But I've also been promoting Colin Miller hard all season so I'm pretty biased at this stage. :laugh:

I am just very excited about seeing Julien's system with more mobile puck movers on the team. In all zones. We all complain about "oh great, a cycle and a point shot" in the offensive zone... but if your d-men can be active in the offensive zone and put the puck in the net... that opens up a lot. I REALLY hope than Colin builds off that performance instead of adding it to his string of on again/off again performances because adding that, and then McAvoy next year, really changes up things.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I am just very excited about seeing Julien's system with more mobile puck movers on the team. In all zones. We all complain about "oh great, a cycle and a point shot" in the offensive zone... but if your d-men can be active in the offensive zone and put the puck in the net... that opens up a lot. I REALLY hope than Colin builds off that performance instead of adding it to his string of on again/off again performances because adding that, and then McAvoy next year, really changes up things.

Same here. Agree totally.

Carlo, McAvoy, Colin covering the right-side together for at least a few years, sign me up.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Same here. Agree totally.

Carlo, McAvoy, Colin covering the right-side together for at least a few years, sign me up.

One thing we take for granted, I think, is the PK. The Bruins are the third most penalized team in hockey. You take away too many Kevan's and McQuaid's and we might just have created a new problem.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My lineup

63-37-88

72-46-42

59-51-27

81-28-20

55 (big fan of)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
One thing we take for granted, I think, is the PK. The Bruins are the third most penalized team in hockey. You take away too many Kevan's and McQuaid's and we might just have created a new problem.

It's a good point, and absolutely one that plays a factor in their decision making.

Getting Liles back (whose fairly trusted as a PKer) helps make the decision easier. Too bad there hasn't been any word on an impending return of Liles, who was good for this team IMO.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Kevan Miller can play LD better than McQuaid

Agree 1 needs to be in lineup

If I'm Chiarelli I'm all over Sweeney for Morrow

Joe & Colin and Kevan all are noticeably better. Is this Cassidy? I would think so

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
With Vatrano's return looming I go with one of these two:

Marchand-Bergeron-Czarnik
Spooner-Krejci-Pastrnak
Schaller-Backes-Vatrano
Blidh-Moore-Nash
Hayes-Acciari

or

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Schaller/Blidh-Spooner-Czarnik
Blidh/Schaller-Moore-Nash

Chara-Carlo
Krug-C.Miller
Morrow-K.Miller
McQuaid

The team clearly isn't scoring enough, I would like them to try Backes at C to try and spread the scoring out a little more, but if they don't do that I'd love to see Vatrano get a look with Krech and Backes.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
My lineup

63-37-88

72-46-42

59-51-27

81-28-20

55 (big fan of)

This ^

I like what Im seeing from Blidh. And IMO, Schaller can handle that Top 9 spot. Assuming Schaller gets bumped down to the fourth line once Beleskey returns and that bumps Blidh out of the line up which Im not really in favor of but its not a bad thing to have competition and pressure on these guys for their roster spots.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This ^

I like what Im seeing from Blidh. And IMO, Schaller can handle that Top 9 spot. Assuming Schaller gets bumped down to the fourth line once Beleskey returns and that bumps Blidh out of the line up which Im not really in favor of but its not a bad thing to have competition and pressure on these guys for their roster spots.

If Schaller plays in 27 more games, he negates the need to keep Hayes to meet the minimum expansion draft requirements.

edit: And until Schaller does play in 27 more games, you can't get rid of Hayes unless you want to expose Beleskey... which is a worthwhile conversation to have, but probably not one that is going to be smart for us to have objectively after he struggled out of the gate and then got hurt.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Established Top 4

Chara - Carlo

Krug - Colin

You're right, Julien would never go for that. I kind of get why too, because I don't think I like a pairing of Krug and C Miller. Though I do like the direction Miller's game has made these past couple of weeks.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Kevan Miller can play LD better than McQuaid

Agree 1 needs to be in lineup

If I'm Chiarelli I'm all over Sweeney for Morrow

Joe & Colin and Kevan all are noticeably better. Is this Cassidy? I would think so

I think you may be on to something Dan. I had heard he was really a calming, teaching influence on the D in Providence, and it seems that he's carried that with him to Boston.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I don't see the Krejci backes thing clicking.

Yep! In fact, I don't see Backes clicking that much on the wing either.
I think he should pivot his own line.

Maybe they should spread the wealth:
Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Heinen
Spooner-Backes-Pasta
Blidh-Moore-Nash/Acciari/Schaller/Hayes

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Yep! In fact, I don't see Backes clicking that much on the wing either.
I think he should pivot his own line.

Maybe they should spread the wealth:
Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Heinen
Spooner-Backes-Pasta
Blidh-Moore-Nash/Acciari/Schaller/Nash

I understand the spreading the wealth... but the top scorer should remain on the line where he's seen the most success. IMO it's currently one of the best lines in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad