Line Combos: 2016-17 Line Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
100% no to anything involving Krejci playing with Backes.

The rest are all good suggestions.

EDIT: Claude is clearly trolling me at this stage. I didn't even have NO Krejci + Backes typed and what does Claude do, puts Krejci and Backes together again.

Lol. I like Krejci and Backes together. They dominated possession when they were put back together last night. The pair has been missing someone who will shoot from distance all year, but I think that combo is 2/3rds of a good line.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lol. I like Krejci and Backes together. They dominated possession when they were put back together last night. The pair has been missing someone who will shoot from distance all year, but I think that combo is 2/3rds of a good line.

And maybe a lot of it was Backes being a slow-starter. I thought he's looked real good in the games against Mon and Pitt, and was one of Boston's better forwards last night vs. Ana.

Your right though, that line needs a shooter, a Horton if you will if Backes is in the "Lucic" role. I love Backes but he's not a shooter, might be the weakest part of his game.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
And maybe a lot of it was Backes being a slow-starter. I thought he's looked real good in the games against Mon and Pitt, and was one of Boston's better forwards last night vs. Ana.

Your right though, that line needs a shooter, a Horton if you will if Backes is in the "Lucic" role. I love Backes but he's not a shooter, might be the weakest part of his game.

If vatrano can get back in game shape he is the one to put there, maybe cehlarik in the meantime but our two shooters are pasta and marchy. Bergy is usually good for 25-30 but not happening this year. The rest are passers and grinders, although ive been impressed with czar's shot. Him and spooner have some nice chemistry, would rather moore on their lw over nash on their line. Claude trusts czarnik in the d-zone too.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003

You saw last night Krejci has no interest passing to Schaller.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Mueller is only on an AHL deal.

No one can tell me that Hayes is better then Mueller, 297 games 160 points in his NHL career.

I hate how management holds on to players for so long before getting rid of them only to see them never play in an NHL game again because they are trash.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Ha! Said the same thing at game. Hopefully Vatrano can get up to speed he looks like he would compliment line well and give Backes rebounds

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Agree that Backes is starting to heat up and may be out performing Bergy. That is why I like him on that line as the center. Krech needs a shooter, hopefully it is Vatrano. If not give Cehlarik a shot or sign Meuller to a 2 way cheapy deal and lets see what he can do. Maybe he catches fire and be like our Radulov lite.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Funny thing is now that the lines are changed up a bit, they have offensively exploded by scoring 3 goals in both the last 2 games, but have lost.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Funny thing is now that the lines are changed up a bit, they have offensively exploded by scoring 3 goals in both the last 2 games, but have lost.

It's the Spooner/Nash/Czarnik combo that has increased their scoring. I don't know what to do about the top two lines until we see what Vatrano looks like on Krejci's wing.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's the Spooner/Nash/Czarnik combo that has increased their scoring. I don't know what to do about the top two lines until we see what Vatrano looks like on Krejci's wing.

More like the Spooner/Czarnik combo.

Nash wasn't even on their line in the Mon and Pitt games.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
I would not mind seeing Moore with Spooner/Czarnik as the defensive guy move Nash to the 4th. To me it looks like Spooner and little Z are getting some chemistry. If they mesh like how Spooner and Pasta clicked, then thats good. Beleskey would be good there but injuries. Too bad Ferlin had concussion problems I like his size, hitting and speed for those guys. I know it would never happen even Randell with them with his hands would be good for protection and scoring.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
I would not mind seeing Moore with Spooner/Czarnik as the defensive guy move Nash to the 4th. To me it looks like Spooner and little Z are getting some chemistry. If they mesh like how Spooner and Pasta clicked, then thats good. Beleskey would be good there but injuries. Too bad Ferlin had concussion problems I like his size, hitting and speed for those guys. I know it would never happen even Randell with them with his hands would be good for protection and scoring.
Id like Moore there, he is quick, has a decent shot and can be the wall/board/netfront d guy.

I dont agree on randell he shot absurdly high last year and seemed a little slow.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Id like Moore there, he is quick, has a decent shot and can be the wall/board/netfront d guy.

I dont agree on randell he shot absurdly high last year and seemed a little slow.

Yeah I know, I was just trying to find some size for them. If they were serious about the guy they would have worked with him. Put him into a power skating for the whole summer one on one. Moore is there let him move up, he can play it smart with those guys. What's to lose really.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
When healthy

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Vatrano Krejci Backes
Beleskey Spooner Czarnik

The 4th line should be some combination of Moore/Schaller/Nash/Randell/Acciari

Hayes should never touch the ice again.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Play the kids, what do we have to lose. They have just a good a shot of winning and at least it will be exciting to watch. Plus they will get a ton of experience.

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Chelarik-Krejci-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Spooner-Backes
Schaller-Moore-Czarnik

Chara-C Miller
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-K Miller

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When healthy

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Vatrano Krejci Backes
Beleskey Spooner Czarnik

The 4th line should be some combination of Moore/Schaller/Nash/Randell/Acciari

Hayes should never touch the ice again.

Where do I sign up

Southiechickie

Nov 15, 2016
South Boston
Its crazy to think that Hayes might play again tomorrow based upon Pasta being out.
THen again, he did get his only goal since February during a rare matinee game!!
Stranger things could happen bunky!!!

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Vatrano is just such a hole in the top 6 and the bottom 6 is a hot mess (on the assumption he is what we think he is). I'm not sold on Czarnik. Liles and Beleskey hurt. And then you have Jimmy Hayes in the mix as well. Must be difficult juggling this lineup. Hopefully once Vatrano, Liles and Beleskey are healthy and if they finally decide to remove Hayes from the equation they can run something like this;

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Vatrano-Krejki-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-Chelarik
(Acciari/Schaller)-Moore-Nash
Hayes - press box

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
Liles-Killer
Chiller,Morrow - press box

Rask Khudobin

The 2017-18 roster seems a little more exciting to me. I'd like to see this lineup

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Krejki-Backes
Bjork-Spooner-(Senyshyn/Heinen)
Beleskey-Chelarik-(Gabrielle/DeBrusk)
Nash?

Macavoy-Carlo
Krug-(Zboril/Lauzon)
O'Gara-(Killer/Gryz)
Chiller?

Rask
McIntyre

Assuming those kids put in the work and can crack the lineup (big assumption, I know), but playing those ELC's would allow for Pasta and Spooner to get paid and allows us to buy out under achieving vets if neccessary.

Last edited:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Pastrnak is out for the next 2 games...

Normally it would make "perfect" sense to put Nash in for him, right? Right? Julien?

Well, Nash is out for Sunday's game (personal matters) so we may actually be forced to reward a Providence player (but don't worry, Julien can STILL get Hayes in and on the PP)

Pastrnak AND Nash out =

Marchand--Bergeron--Backes
Heinen--Krejci--Cehlarik
Spooner--Czarnik-- Hayes* sigh* or maybe Vatrano already in sheltered mins?
Schaller--Moore--Acciari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad