Line Combos: 2016-17 Line Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yep! In fact, I don't see Backes clicking that much on the wing either.
I think he should pivot his own line.

Maybe they should spread the wealth:
Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Heinen
Spooner-Backes-Pasta
Blidh-Moore-Nash/Acciari/Schaller/Hayes

I would not mind your lines at all.Anything is worth a try.Spooner on the wing is scary though..I have a feeling he is getting traded sooner or later.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yep! In fact, I don't see Backes clicking that much on the wing either.
I think he should pivot his own line.

Maybe they should spread the wealth:
Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Heinen
Spooner-Backes-Pasta
Blidh-Moore-Nash/Acciari/Schaller/Hayes

I think they are one good top 9 player from being able to effectively spread the wealth. Don't think the Vatrano/Heinen combo is ready to BOTH play with Krejci. One of them, of course, especially #72... but both is a bit much.

I strongly feel like we should give 72/46/42 a chance for a couple weeks before we blow up the lines.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I understand the spreading the wealth... but the top scorer should remain on the line where he's seen the most success. IMO it's currently one of the best lines in the NHL

I don't disagree with that, I was not that excited myself to break up that line.

That being said, the 3rd line has mostly been a black hole and this has a cascading effect through out the lineup. Something has to be done.

Also, Pasta being an elite talent, I think he can be productive with a guy like Backes, who is no slouch.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I would not mind your lines at all.Anything is worth a try.Spooner on the wing is scary though..I have a feeling he is getting traded sooner or later.

In such a lineup, I think he's a bit protected.
Anyhow, I don't see him getting a ton of time at center in Boston, whether we like it or not.
So, he's either traded or playing wing.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I think they are one good top 9 player from being able to effectively spread the wealth. Don't think the Vatrano/Heinen combo is ready to BOTH play with Krejci. One of them, of course, especially #72... but both is a bit much.

I strongly feel like we should give 72/46/42 a chance for a couple weeks before we blow up the lines.

Agree. I concede I was a bit optimistic with that lineup, and wanted to use the shinny new toys. :laugh:
Beleskey will be back someday, not that he's a legitimate top 6, but in a spreading the wealth scenario, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the 2nd line.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This ^

I like what Im seeing from Blidh. And IMO, Schaller can handle that Top 9 spot. Assuming Schaller gets bumped down to the fourth line once Beleskey returns and that bumps Blidh out of the line up which Im not really in favor of but its not a bad thing to have competition and pressure on these guys for their roster spots.

I'm president of the Beleskey fan club but his game looked like there was something else going on.

I have to come clean if he's going to play like this he will find himself being replaced by kids soon - as it is that is tenuous

There were a couple glimpses but overall he was disappointing

The time off very well could get him back on track

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
How about going full skill

B-M-P
Beleskey-Krejci-Vatrano
Heinen/Spooner-Czarnik/Backes-Backes/Czarnik
Spooner/heinen/Schaller-Moore-Schaller/heinen

Chara-Carlo
Krug-Killer/Chiller(Love their transition and O-game)
morrow-Liles/Killer/Chiller

trade spooner, mcquaid let hayes sit and come in if there is injury/struggle and hope vegas takes him. Our transition on d is improved with enough 2 way guys for clode to trust we also have 4 lines we can roll consistently. If beleskey returns without improvement them move him down the lineup. It depends if heinen can come up again and make a difference but he looked good in his last callup. would also like to see cehlarik get a shot. But we have the ability to infuse skill, speed, scoring and defensive responsibility throughout the lineup.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm president of the Beleskey fan club but his game looked like there was something else going on.

I have to come clean if he's going to play like this he will find himself being replaced by kids soon - as it is that is tenuous

There were a couple glimpses but overall he was disappointing

The time off very well could get him back on track

Simply put, he looked pudgy and out-of-shape.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Yeah I don't know what it was with his game and this may have been it... Honestly it was probably cause all of my focus on Hayes' lack of production that I didn't notice Beleskey much. :laugh:

But as DKH sort of said above, Im a fan of the guy but if he returns playing the way he was prior to the injury, these left handed wingers coming through the ranks are gonna blindside him real quick.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

matt.jpg

;)

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Spooner-Czarnik-Chelarik
Schaller-Nash-Moore
Accairi-Blidh

Chara-Carlo
Krug-C Miller
Morrow-K Miller
McQuaid

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
with FV and pasta back I'm hoping we see some more offense. unfortunately bels being hurt he may come back as a 4th liner or a scratch.

marchand-bergy-pasta
vatrano-krecji-backes
schaller-spooner-czarnik
bels-moore-acciari
ex nash/hayes

also backs and pasta can swap... I think pasta's going to be able to produce no matter where he is in the top 6 now. backs and marchand had some chemistry but I like some more speed on that top line with pasta and marchand pushing the pace.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Never see it but shake things up:

vatrano spooner pasta
marchand krecji czarnik
schaller backes bergeron
blidh moore hayes

I would love to see that 1st line you have with o-zone starts but they would get chewed in there own zone, and no way a top line. Spooner hasn't shown that he can do that yet. No one on that line is a defensive stalwart either.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Never see it but shake things up:

vatrano spooner pasta
marchand krecji czarnik
schaller backes bergeron
blidh moore hayes

Switch the 1st line and 3rd line as for starters and I am ok with it. I actually like that but the biggest lineup change would be to tell Claude the game is in Vancouver tonight. Skill with speed and quick puck moving players together who can feed of each other, never a good thing. I think Backes needs to be center and the way Bergy is playing moving him to wing is not a bad thing. Till he gets out of his funk having him as an elite checker is not bad. Maybe replace Hayes with Acciari at least for his speed and hitting. Lineup is kinda small, hopefully they transition some of those guys out for the same style but a bit bigger. Would like to see Kuraly or Ferlin come back, they had some size and could skate and hit. What is to lose with this lineup, they are borderline team anyways

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
I actually like that but the biggest lineup change would be to tell Claude the game is in Vancouver tonight. Skill with speed and quick puck moving players together who can feed of each other, never a good thing. I think Backes needs to be center and the way Bergy is playing moving him to wing is not a bad thing. Till he gets out of his funk having him as an elite checker is not bad. Maybe replace Hayes with Acciari at least for his speed and hitting. Lineup is kinda small, hopefully they transition some of those guys out for the same style but a bit bigger. Would like to see Kuraly or Ferlin come back, they had some size and could skate and hit. What is to lose with this lineup, they are borderline team anyways
Ferlin is still injured I was hoping he'd be able to push for a 4th line pwr forward spot. I would mind having bergy on dk's wing taking the draws with vatrano flanking on the other side. then having Marchy-Backes/Czarnik-Pasta.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sb imo

Marchand bergeron backes
Vatrano krejci pasta
Moore czarnik spooner
Blidh schaller hayes

Chara carlo
Krug k. Miller
Mcquaid C. miller

Please sit acciari and nash. Two pointless players since...

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Sb imo

Marchand bergeron backes
Vatrano krejci pasta
Moore czarnik spooner
Blidh schaller hayes

Chara carlo
Krug k. Miller
Mcquaid C. miller

Please sit acciari and nash. Two pointless players since...

Not sure how spooner will do on rw, but i like him with czarnik and moore. Would be good, speedy combo and claude trusts moore and czarnik defensively. I do think that krejci like a netfront guy to work with so backes makes more sense, Pasta produced fine on the first line so we can keep him there.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Blidh had 5 shots on goal last game and looked great. I wonder when the last time a 4th liner had 5 shots on net was?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Not sure how spooner will do on rw, but i like him with czarnik and moore. Would be good, speedy combo and claude trusts moore and czarnik defensively. I do think that krejci like a netfront guy to work with so backes makes more sense, Pasta produced fine on the first line so we can keep him there.

Backes and krejci are not quick. One cant motivate the other to "speed" up

And backes with bergeron marchand looked tremendous

Pasta well... Is pasta. You can put him on the 4th line and he would find a way to score

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015

Pasta well... Is pasta. You can put him on the 4th line and he would find a way to score

Not sure why the speed is being brought up, pasta cant will krejci to play faster, he is a slow down guy moving side to side and behind the net. Vatrano is fairly quick but it doesnt dominate his game. Vatrano-DK-Backes is more typical of a krejci style line.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary

Which might not be a bad idea. Pasta seems to be a little more self sufficient. I wouldn't think it would be that bad of an idea to run him up and down the roster a bit. Let him go on line 4 and see if the 3rd pair D men like it. maybe double shift him with line 4?

What is it going to hurt? our offensive output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad