Line Combos: 2016-17 Line Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
With the success last night, albeit one game, of Spooner and Czarnik, add Heinen and boot out Jimmy. Clode may not like three youngsters on the same line (gotta keep that veteran presence, lol). My idea for next week and beyond:

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes

Vatrano-Krejci-Pastrnak

Heinen-Spooner-Czarnik

Schaller-Moore-Acciari

Hayes/Nash....9th fl.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I'm not a stats person and definitely not an analytics guy but just doubling a healthy Vatranos stats from last year he is a 16 goal scorer, of the 8 he scored last year 3 came in one game. I know what he did in the minors and I think he will be a good second tier point producer but expecting him to come in and really help this offense is asking a bit much from him, especially after a pretty serious injury.

I somewhat agree but he was 21 years old and scored 36 goals in 36 games for Providence. That's pretty crazy.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm not a stats person and definitely not an analytics guy but just doubling a healthy Vatranos stats from last year he is a 16 goal scorer, of the 8 he scored last year 3 came in one game. I know what he did in the minors and I think he will be a good second tier point producer but expecting him to come in and really help this offense is asking a bit much from him, especially after a pretty serious injury.

I'm totally with you in not expecting a ton from Vatrano offensively. What I do expect though is that his return will allow other guys to be slotted more appropriately, and therefore be more effective. I think that's where we'll really see the effect of his return, at least in the short term.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Whats with clode giving precious min to acciari and nash... These two guys have made very little impact for the team...

When vatrano and beleksky are back

Marchand bergeron backes
Vatrano krejci pasta
Czarnik Beleksky Spooner
Schaller Moore Cehlarik

Chara carlo
Krug K. Miller
Liles C. Miller/Mcquaid

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Whats with clode giving precious min to acciari and nash... These two guys have made very little impact for the team...

Marchand bergeron backes
Vatrano krejci pasta
Czarnik Beleksky Spooner
Schaller Moore Cehlarik

Chara carlo
Krug K. Miller
Liles C. Miller/Mcquaid

Czarnik and Spooner both play off wing so a winger can play center :laugh:

Really have no idea why your pushing Belesky as a center so hard. It has the same likelihood as Bergeron being traded.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Czarnik and Spooner both play off wing so a winger can play center :laugh:

Really have no idea why your pushing Belesky as a center so hard. It has the same likelihood as Bergeron being traded.
Bc he is actually reliable on faceoffs

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Bc he is actually reliable on faceoffs

40% on the year
39.3% career

He is reliable to be horrible at them.

For reference

Bergeron - 58.0%
Moore - 55.7%
Schaller - 55.3% - 38 total
Nash - 52.5%
Krejci - 51.9%
Marchand - 47.6% - 21 total
Backes - 46.3 % - 80 total
Beleskey - 40% - 65 total

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
40% on the year
39.3% career

He is reliable to be horrible at them.

For reference

Bergeron - 58.0%
Moore - 55.7%
Schaller - 55.3% - 38 total
Nash - 52.5%
Krejci - 51.9%
Marchand - 47.6% - 21 total
Backes - 46.3 % - 80 total
Beleskey - 40% - 65 total

Percentages do not show the whole picture... Even if you lose faceoffs , its about not losing cleanly

Beleksky does a very good job tying up/muscling his man. Still giving the team a shot at puck possession. Unlike say Krejci, its 1 or 0....

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Percentages do not show the whole picture... Even if you lose faceoffs , its about not losing cleanly

Beleksky does a very good job tying up/muscling his man. Still giving the team a shot at puck possession. Unlike say Krejci, its 1 or 0....

But then his team would win more face off and he would get credit for the win. Percentages do show the whole picture. His team gets the puck 40% of the time when he takes the draw. I would and Claude would put Krejci in the dot over Beleskey every single time available and it's not even given the tiniest amount of thought. Beleskey is not a center and he is not reliable in the dot.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
But then his team would win more face off and he would get credit for the win. Percentages do show the whole picture. His team gets the puck 40% of the time when he takes the draw. I would and Claude would put Krejci in the dot over Beleskey every single time available and it's not even given the tiniest amount of thought. Beleskey is not a center and he is not reliable in the dot.
This

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Its not... Watch how bergeron battles in faceoff situations... Even when he loses , its not usually clean and sometimes marchand etc gets to it... Or the d , does not receive cleanly and can have the puck taken away with pressure

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Its not... Watch how bergeron battles in faceoff situations... Even when he loses , its not usually clean and sometimes marchand etc gets to it... Or the d , does not receive cleanly and can have the puck taken away with pressure

Great. Give Beleskey the gold star for effort on the face offs. He still is terrible at them and his team does not gain possession for it. There are at minimum 5 other plays on the Bruins who will take face offs before him and possibly 7 depending on how Claude feels about Spooner that day.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Great. Give Beleskey the gold star for effort on the face offs. He still is terrible at them and his team does not gain possession for it. There are at minimum 5 other plays on the Bruins who will take face offs before him and possibly 7 depending on how Claude feels about Spooner that day.

Yess but in a line consisting of czarnik, spooner , beleskey who do you want to take faceoffs?

And these three have a better chance to make an impact on the third line vs nash, hayes

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Yess but in a line consisting of czarnik, spooner , beleskey who do you want to take faceoffs?

And these three have a better chance to make an impact on the third line vs nash, hayes

Beleskey-Spooner-Czarnik if you are so adamant about building the line. Spooner while bad in his own right is still better than Beleskey at them while being a natural center. Also not a tough decision.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Beleskey-Spooner-Czarnik if you are so adamant about building the line. Spooner while bad in his own right is still better than Beleskey at them while being a natural center. Also not a tough decision.

Lets do a poll and see , if people think spooner is better at faceoffs... He is bad , unreliable... Does not even really battle

Also at the junior level he was a winger... He is not a natural center as many think(just ok defensively, weak on the boards).... Because of his ability to skate and pass , can play center....

Imo he is a better winger, utilizing his unique skating pattern on the outside

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Lets do a poll and see , if people think spooner is better at faceoffs... He is bad , unreliable... Does not even really battle

Also at the junior level he was a winger... He is not a natural center as many think(just ok defensively).... Because of his ability to skate and pass , can play center....

Imo he is a better winger, utilizing his unique skating pattern on the outside and baffle opponents.

Go ahead, as long as there is a 3rd option that is neither, because that would be my vote and probably wins the poll going away. Picking between Spooner and Beleskey to take a face off is like picking between getting punched in the face or kicked in the nuts.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Marchand bergeron backes
Vatrano krejci pasta
Czarnik Beleksky Spooner
Schaller Moore Cehlarik

Chara carlo
Krug K. Miller
Liles C. Miller/Mcquaid

I'm not going to put together lines, to many guys who can play multiple positions, plus Claude never listens to me anyways.

But your on the right track with the forwards. When/if everyone is healthy, this is group of 12 F and 6 D I want dressed.

Pastrnak
Marchand
Bergeron
Krejci
Backes
Vatrano
Spooner
Czarnik
Cehlarik
Schaller
Moore
Belesky

Chara
Carlo
Krug
Colin
Liles
Morrow

Get no-skilled zero-zone players like Nash, Hayes, Acciari, Blidh, Kuraly, McQuaid, and Kevan Miller off my TV screen. I like toughness as much as anyone, but if you can't skate/handle puck/make even simple plays, I don't want you in the line-up, period. Some may say, "their too soft" but guess what, PRETENDING to be tough like the Bruins have been the last 2 1/2 seasons isn't working either.

Khudobin better start showing he's a capable NHL back-up or I'll add him to the list of guys who have to come out of the line-up.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Go ahead, as long as there is a 3rd option that is neither, because that would be my vote and probably wins the poll going away. Picking between Spooner and Beleskey to take a face off is like picking between getting punched in the face or kicked in the nuts.

Oh that's an easy one. I take the face every time. :laugh:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't know what I'd do with the lines because there are still so many different combinations I'd like to see...

Pastrnak - Krejci - Backes : Every time I see Pasta on the left wing he does something amazing, be it one timers off the rush, or 1on1 dangles for OT winners. He's played a lot of LW/off-wing in his career so it's no surprise he's comfortable there. Krejci the passer, Pasta the shooter, Backes the net front presence. That could be an amazing line. BUT who plays with 63/37? Can Spooner/Czarnik play 3C and not be minus players?

Marchand - Backes - Pastrnak : Marchand and Pasta are SO good together, but I feel like there isn't enough puck to go around for Bergeron to contribute. Backes on the other hand, doesn't need to handle the puck a ton to do what he does well, he can contribute by doing the heavy lifting in his own zone and then just setting screens in the offensive zone while 63/88 handle the puck and make plays. BUT they'll never put Bergeron or Krejci on the 3rd line or the wing for an extended stretch, they're too valuable in the middle and playing 19+.

Vatrano - Krejci - Backes : Shooter, Playermaker, Net Front Presence. I think this is how they wanted to start the season, and I think they wanted to keep Krejci/Backes together until that happened but they needed to mix things up to try to get some offense going. With Vatrano due back any day now it could be something they go to right away. BUT, can Bergeron contribute between 63/88? I feel like he doesn't get the puck enough when he plays with those two.

Spooner - Backes - Vatrano : Playmaker, Net Front Presence, Shooter. Same idea as the line above just different players. Could be a dynamic combination. BUT, where will the big, body presence come from in the top6 if this is the 3rd line? Maybe 63/37 can get by without one, but Krejci's done his best work with a big board presence in the mix.

Spooner - Backes - Czarnik : This is kind of a low rent version of the 63/42/88 idea. Lots of speed and skill on the wings with Backes doing the heavy lifting in the Dzone and in front of the net.

Schaller - Moore - Nash : I think both Schaller and Nash have done an admirable job stepping in for injuries and playing further up the lineup than expected but once they drop back to the 4th line they should dominate.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't know what I'd do with the lines because there are still so many different combinations I'd like to see...

Pastrnak - Krejci - Backes : Every time I see Pasta on the left wing he does something amazing, be it one timers off the rush, or 1on1 dangles for OT winners. He's played a lot of LW/off-wing in his career so it's no surprise he's comfortable there. Krejci the passer, Pasta the shooter, Backes the net front presence. That could be an amazing line. BUT who plays with 63/37? Can Spooner/Czarnik play 3C and not be minus players?

Marchand - Backes - Pastrnak : Marchand and Pasta are SO good together, but I feel like there isn't enough puck to go around for Bergeron to contribute. Backes on the other hand, doesn't need to handle the puck a ton to do what he does well, he can contribute by doing the heavy lifting in his own zone and then just setting screens in the offensive zone while 63/88 handle the puck and make plays. BUT they'll never put Bergeron or Krejci on the 3rd line or the wing for an extended stretch, they're too valuable in the middle and playing 19+.

Vatrano - Krejci - Backes : Shooter, Playermaker, Net Front Presence. I think this is how they wanted to start the season, and I think they wanted to keep Krejci/Backes together until that happened but they needed to mix things up to try to get some offense going. With Vatrano due back any day now it could be something they go to right away. BUT, can Bergeron contribute between 63/88? I feel like he doesn't get the puck enough when he plays with those two.

Spooner - Backes - Vatrano : Playmaker, Net Front Presence, Shooter. Same idea as the line above just different players. Could be a dynamic combination. BUT, where will the big, body presence come from in the top6 if this is the 3rd line? Maybe 63/37 can get by without one, but Krejci's done his best work with a big board presence in the mix.

Spooner - Backes - Czarnik : This is kind of a low rent version of the 63/42/88 idea. Lots of speed and skill on the wings with Backes doing the heavy lifting in the Dzone and in front of the net.

Schaller - Moore - Nash : I think both Schaller and Nash have done an admirable job stepping in for injuries and playing further up the lineup than expected but once they drop back to the 4th line they should dominate.

100% no to anything involving Krejci playing with Backes.

The rest are all good suggestions.

EDIT: Claude is clearly trolling me at this stage. I didn't even have NO Krejci + Backes typed and what does Claude do, puts Krejci and Backes together again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad