Line Combos: 2016-17 Line Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I've reached the point im revisiting the world cup idea with bergeron on wing until he gets his health back... and backes and spooner both back to center to get their game back on track

Bergeron krecji marchand
Pastrnak spooner belesky
Czarik backes vatrano
Nash Moore schaller

I think giving the guys their best chance to succeed is important. And I can't stress how important I feel it is to get Hayes out of the lineup

I might be willing to give Hayes another opportunity down the road but he needs to sit a month so he understands his job and his million dollar salary are on the line

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Pasta Marchand and Vatrano should be on separate lines ideally. Gives each line a shooter.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Pasta Marchand and Vatrano should be on separate lines ideally. Gives each line a shooter.

Agree.

That's why I proposed the following a few pages back:
Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Heinen (Beleskey)
Spooner-Backes-Pasta

My main idea was to find duos (in bold) and try to complement them with what's left.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This is what I would go with:
Marchand - Bergeron - Spooner trade/AHL call-up
Spooner/Spooner trade/AHL call-up - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Backes - Czarnik
Blidh - Moore - Hayes
Nash/Acciari/Schaller​

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Agree.

That's why I proposed the following a few pages back:
Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Heinen (Beleskey)
Spooner-Backes-Pasta

My main idea was to find duos (in bold) and try to complement them with what's left.

I dont think we can roll with pasta getting bottom 6 minutes, we need him playing as much as possible. Id be ok with having bergy as a dzone shutdown guy until his game picks back up and have Backes as 2c behind krejci either marchy-backes-pasta and vatrano-Krejci-czarnik or spooner-krejci-vatrano.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Because Krejci becomes your third line center.

Second, third.. Dont really matter in my opinion. More often than not Krejci will see more ice time, but not by much. Pretty sure their average will be roughly the same.

I think Czarnik and Vatrano could work real well with Krejci. Czarnik's speed and Vatrano's shot, along with Krejci matrix mode.. Could be a solid line.

I was not a fan of Pastrnak with Bergeron Marchand to begin with. Didn't think it would work... But I'm happy to say I was very wrong about that. And now I wouldn't want to break them up unless things go really bad and desperate.

The Backes line though.. Not so sure about. Spooner really needs to step up. Can Backes at C support a line on his own? Definitely do not like Nash on that wing, but he's not coming out of Julien's lineup.. And the other options.. Schaller.. Acciari.. Beleskey off wing. None are very appealing. Heinen or Cehlarik should get a shot at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad