Speculation: 2016/17 Avalanche Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Don't really like Larsen's resume as a HC for this team. Maybe we can poach him as an AC and become the Colorado Lake Erie Monster Jackets.

They could also just clean house in Cleveland if they hire Bednar, and take his other assistant Toby Petersen with him. He's got a Colorado connection as well, playing four years at CC.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
That works. Lets us fire Army and Farrish, too.

My question related to this got unanswered. One has to think that with the hire of Pratt, someone's job is in danger (particularly Farrish). So what are the chances that our current assistant coaches stick around? Anyone with any insight or sources feel free to throw some knowledge my way.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
There is a chance that we roll with 3 assistants this year, due to Pratt and the new HC not knowing the players. But unsure on that, because it is not uncommon for a whole staff to get replaced. Only reason I could see them keeping Farrish in particular is the short notice.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
My question related to this got unanswered. One has to think that with the hire of Pratt, someone's job is in danger (particularly Farrish). So what are the chances that our current assistant coaches stick around? Anyone with any insight or sources feel free to throw some knowledge my way.

Some teams have 3 so I don't think it means they have to do anything. Eventually I'd think Farrish and Army would go but Army would have survived 2 coaching changes too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I bet Farrish probably doesn't even want to be here anymore. He's a defensive guy, Pratt is a defensive guy, Roy is gone. Really hope he finds his way out.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
IIRC Army has survived on the team for so long because the players love him. I doubt he's going anywhere

That's great and all, but it means nothing if the coach is bad at the Xs and Os of the game, just like we say with Roy. I know there's no way to be sure if he's been running the PP or if it was Roy and Sacco but either way Army has been here for both coaches, and even if its not really Army's fault, the team could really use a whole new group behind the bench (minus Pratt who just got here).

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
That's great and all, but it means nothing if the coach is bad at the Xs and Os of the game, just like we say with Roy. I know there's no way to be sure if he's been running the PP or if it was Roy and Sacco but either way Army has been here for both coaches, and even if its not really Army's fault, the team could really use a whole new group behind the bench (minus Pratt who just got here).

It "shouldn't" mean anything (or really, shouldn't mean that much). But sometimes it means everything.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Iginla said on TV late last season "Tim Army runs our Power Play"...

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm guessing they're doing interviews this week and we'll get an announcement on the coach on the week of the 29th?

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
I agree. Insofar as Tim Army has been responsible for the power play he needs to be let go. I don't even think there should be a debate about that. Apart from a few brief spells of acceptability it has not been good. He definitely should not be kept around because the players like him. I think it might be good to wipe the slate clean and start with a new bench. It just might inject a new approach from the players' side.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I agree. Insofar as Tim Army has been responsible for the power play he needs to be let go. I don't even think there should be a debate about that. Apart from a few brief spells of acceptability it has not been good. He definitely should not be kept around because the players like him. I think it might be good to wipe the slate clean and start with a new bench. It just might inject a new approach from the players' side.

"Because the players like him" is not a good reason to keep him around if that is the only thing he does. You sign someone like Biznasty for that, not an assistant coach.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
There has to be more to Army than just his likeability. He has survived regime change and also another coaching change. Not advocating for him to stay, but I can't see if his only redeeming quality is that the players like him how he could have stayed around that long.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Army has a reputation of being a great individual coach. A lot of people rave about his ability to develop individual skills in players.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They have to announce the new head coach this week. Just three weeks until training camp would be very tight as it is for the new guy.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Army has a reputation of being a great individual coach. A lot of people rave about his ability to develop individual skills in players.

If Army has to stay then at least take him off of the PP and let him use his ability to develop individual skills in players. Let him work with Grigorenko on his skating and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad