Speculation: 2016/17 Avalanche Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
So who is it going to be or who would you like to see lead the Avalanche in the 2016/17 season?

Will it be...

Nolan Pratt
Nolan-Pratt.jpg

Eric Veillieux
120613_g79kq_eric-veilleux_sn635.jpg

Walrus Man
Mac.jpg

Bob Hartley
bob-hartley.jpg

Travis Green
TravisGreen.jpg

Or someone else.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm going to guess it will be one of the 3 assistants as an interim until someone is fired during the season and we pounce on them or until next offseason when a few coaches are available.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Don't forget "Leader of Men" Tim Army.

Some say it was his voice that appeared to Moses, not God's. Just Tim Army.

assistant-coach-tim-army-of-the-colorado-avalanche-talks-to-mikkel-picture-id517040408

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Todd Richards' record as a HC is abysmal.. But maybe he just needs the right team (the Wild and Blue Jackets weren't world beaters)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hartley. Then dump him when a good coach become available.

Hartley gets exposure and Avs get flexibility. Fair for both sides. Besides, some of our players could benefit from a thrive coach. Some probably won't thrive from it as well. You can't make an omelette without...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think age should matter much... most NHL coaches don't last 3 seasons. Martin would be great, and he could probably be had from the Pens.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Hartley. Then dump him when a good coach become available.

Hartley gets exposure and Avs get flexibility. Fair for both sides. Besides, some of our players could benefit from a thrive coach. Some probably won't thrive from it as well. You can't make an omelette without...

I really want them to look at people who have no prior ties to the organization what so ever. This organization has been too insular for too long. There's no need to drag their feet on breaking this habit.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Are these veteran coaches, who want to be head coaches again, going to play the kids and be willing to go through a transition season? I don't think a guy like Hartley gets another job if he looks bad with the Avs.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't think age should matter much... most NHL coaches don't last 3 seasons. Martin would be great, and he could probably be had from the Pens.
Martin's teams are so structured. I would love that hire. He helped develop Chara, Redden, Phillips, and others when they were young. I'd love to see him work with EJ, Barrie, Z, and Bigras.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Sakic (on Altitude) says that ideally he's looking for a coach who's young, who'll communicate and holds the players accountable

Says that some guys out there have been out of the league for a while, some are ready for the next step (guessing AHL/CHL guys)

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
What would you think of Jacques Martin?

I love Martin. How old is he? Did wonders to some young D in Ottawa.

Martin wouldnt be a bad choice , he just won the cup and he's ready to comeback as a HC. Plus there's some history with the Avs and we finally have an exp coach behind the bench .

Add the fact that he always had a good def system ( something the Avs badly need ) and at the same time had some success with off players too .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad