WJC: 2016 — Sweden Roster Talk

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
Just curious as to the chance that Gabriel Carlsson will be playing for Sweden. I assume pretty good since he was a 1st rounder last year, but I have no clue about hockey outside of the NHL.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Yeah I have to agree 100% here. First year he was good on what he did.

Good news. Maybe we can put in him in the 4th line or something.

Yes! Together with guys who have been on the team too long (Anton Karlsson) + too young players (Nylander younger brother Alexander) + small players (Timashov) = Slash line (slasklina). Maybe kill a few penalties, second PP unit relief + bring coffee to the men on the team. Not to mention opening the bausse-door. Other candidates for this particular kind of line: Leon Bristedt, seventh defenseman, read Rasmus Andersson, Robin Kovacs if he's a puppy, Rasmus Asplund who isn't ready yet to play hockey, it will be in 2022 or Jewel Ewriksson Eek who hasn't racked up a point in 15 games or so. Everything is on its way to hell sink i battajmshore Axel Holmström will save our team, you know, the youth star. Only one who will ever play in NHL here is Nylander, 20 games for Toronto before career in europé. Like Robert Mini-Magic Nilsson and the other (andre) Burakovsky. NO expectations whutsoevah. Let the puck drop. NOW!

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Just my 2 cents but I really like Team Sweden this year:

Lindblom- W.Nylander- Timashov
Kempe- Holmstrom- A. Nylander
Kovacs- Eriksson Ek- Karlsson
Ehn- Forsbacka-Karlsson- Looke
Oloffson

Forsling- Lagesson
Englund- Petterson
Kylington- Carlsson
Aho

Soderstrom
Sandstrom

Others include:
F: Rasmus Asplund, Carl Grundstrom
D: Jacob Larsson, Adam Ollas Mattson, Rasmus Andersson

Does Andersson have an advantage going in since he is a RHD and there isn't another one on the roster or a serious threat to make it?

Is there enough puck for W.Nylander and Timashov? Both seem like they'd rather have the puck on their stick

Maybe Kempe-W.Nylander-Lindblom would be a better line?

Timashov-Holmstrom-A.Nylander could be a nice 2nd line

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Is there enough puck for W.Nylander and Timashov? Both seem like they'd rather have the puck on their stick

Maybe Kempe-W.Nylander-Lindblom would be a better line?

Timashov-Holmstrom-A.Nylander could be a nice 2nd line

They also both played incredible together at the Rookie tournament, when matched up.

But your second line is also very good.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
It will be a travesty if the old dominating TV-pucken-line isn't reunited.

Kovacs-Nylander-Timashov that is.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Centers: Nylander, Holmström, Forsbacka, Vejdemo.
Wingers: Kempe, Lindblom, A. Nylander, Timashov, Eriksson Ek, Olofsson, Kovacs, Lööke, Asplund.
Defensemen: Forsling, Aho, Larsson, Lagesson, Carlsson, Andersson, Pettersson.
Goalies: Sandström, Söderström, Gustavsson.

Would be my team. I love the two-way look overall. Hardest cuts were Grundström and Kylington, they will be important next year.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wingers: Kempe, Lindblom, A. Nylander, Timashov, Eriksson Ek, Olofsson, Kovacs, Lööke, Asplund.

Would be my team. I love the two-way look overall. Hardest cuts were Grundström and Kylington, they will be important next year.

If Anton Karlsson promise to play like he did in Malmö-WJC he should have Olofssons spot.

What about removing Forsbacka as a center, bring in Grundström and put Eriksson Ek or Asplund as a center?

Carlsson and Andersson over the gritty duo of Englund and Ollas Mattsson?

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If Anton Karlsson promise to play like he did in Malmö-WJC he should have Olofssons spot.

What about removing Forsbacka as a center, bring in Grundström and put Eriksson Ek or Asplund as a center?

Carlsson and Andersson over the gritty duo of Englund and Ollas Mattsson?

I prefer to build around skating ability on big ice. Lagesson and Carlsson as shutdown unit. Andersson to get a right-handed shot.

Forsbacka is a center lock for me, point per game college player and best faceoff on the team(maybe in the tournament). Those who don't play center in the SHL I prefer to move to the wings, they are worse on faceoffs and this team will be really good as long as it has the puck. Vejdemo could switch positions with Eriksson Ek, though.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

It's a really good mix of players. I'd try to fit Grundström in there somewhere, he could be useful on any line. Gonna be interesting to see whether Alex Nylander gets a role on a scoring line or the rotating extra forward treatment (if he makes it).

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
can't wait to watch Forsling at the WJC. His offense has slowed down a bit in the SHL but his WJC last year was amazing. Linkoping has been fun to watch for me this season.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I believe one of Törnqvist and Ohlsson will make this team, they both seem like the typical Grönborg guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad