2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Hawks fan here. No need to go over Sharp's substantial resume, it's the here and now that would concern Panthers fans.

FIrst off he is still one of the fastest skaters in the league, so his aging will mean he comes back to the pack, not behind it.

Secondly, you are not now watching the reguar season where almost half of your games are against non-playoff teams. This is best vs best and goals are harder to come by as the middle of the ice is not surrendered easily.

Sharp is currently on the 3rd line with a limited offensive player in Vermette and the rookie TT who shows a lot of potential. But TT is still providing for nervous moments. In a tight series wbere the margin for error is very slim, TT is learning that the things he could get away with in junior or the AHL don`t work in the NHL. He's turning pucks over in the neutral zone and not putting the puck into safe areas, such as a simple dump-in where you can go on the forecheck and keep the puck far away from your net. The Lightning are very dangerous and you have to approach them as such.

Sharp has become a skill-player doing the grunt work for his line. See the OT winner in Game 4 vs
Anaheim. See his un-called cross-check of Hedman after a goal and his entering a scrum in defence of TT. This is added versatility that he shouldn't be criticized for.

In the last game he assisted on Toews' opening goal after missing on a breakaway himself. The charge will be that he played with good players. Well, in Florida he will play with good players. Young ones who can take their game to another level with a teammate like Sharp.

Don't kid yourselves. On Florida Sharp scores 25 easily, and 55-60 points. There are many areas of the game that he can help you in that other players in Chicago got more ice-time for. He would be a solid acquisition, and if all he costs is Trochek and a 2nd (assets we need to recover from the Vermette and Timonen trades) you do it.

Thanks for the write up.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Hawks fan here. No need to go over Sharp's substantial resume, it's the here and now that would concern Panthers fans.

FIrst off he is still one of the fastest skaters in the league, so his aging will mean he comes back to the pack, not behind it.

Secondly, you are not now watching the reguar season where almost half of your games are against non-playoff teams. This is best vs best and goals are harder to come by as the middle of the ice is not surrendered easily.

Sharp is currently on the 3rd line with a limited offensive player in Vermette and the rookie TT who shows a lot of potential. But TT is still providing for nervous moments. In a tight series wbere the margin for error is very slim, TT is learning that the things he could get away with in junior or the AHL don`t work in the NHL. He's turning pucks over in the neutral zone and not putting the puck into safe areas, such as a simple dump-in where you can go on the forecheck and keep the puck far away from your net. The Lightning are very dangerous and you have to approach them as such.

Sharp has become a skill-player doing the grunt work for his line. See the OT winner in Game 4 vs
Anaheim. See his un-called cross-check of Hedman after a goal and his entering a scrum in defence of TT. This is added versatility that he shouldn't be criticized for.

In the last game he assisted on Toews' opening goal after missing on a breakaway himself. The charge will be that he played with good players. Well, in Florida he will play with good players. Young ones who can take their game to another level with a teammate like Sharp.

Don't kid yourselves. On Florida Sharp scores 25 easily, and 55-60 points. There are many areas of the game that he can help you in that other players in Chicago got more ice-time for. He would be a solid acquisition, and if all he costs is Trochek and a 2nd (assets we need to recover from the Vermette and Timonen trades) you do it.

Appreciate the analysis. I haven't seen much of him this year and I was wondering how much of his statline could be attributed to different, less talented linemates.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

No offense. But you don't come to another board deciding for a team whether they should trade with you or not.
And I mean I know you know Sharp, but we know our team and "easily 25" and "55-60 points" on this team? Not mention the fact that he is 33. That is a factor. Giving up young assets for that is not what I'm interested in.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Although I'd hate to see the same two teams win the cup again in the last 6 years, I guess I could deal with it for Timonen's sake. Watching his interviews and how he doesn't complain about only getting 5 minutes TOI per game, he's a real class act. Deserves to retire with a cup.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
No offense. But you don't come to another board deciding for a team whether they should trade with you or not.
And I mean I know you know Sharp, but we know our team and "easily 25" and "55-60 points" on this team? Not mention the fact that he is 33. That is a factor. Giving up young assets for that is not what I'm interested in.

Sometimes I envision our dense-bodied forwards not keeping up with fast players like Sharp and Kessel rendering them essentially useless in our top-six. Unless of course they adjust their speed to stick with our slow pace offense.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Do I cheer for Chicago to win and hope they send some more goodies down to Uncle Dale? Or do I cheer for hated rival...

Good luck Chicago!

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Living in Chicago has me feeling like everybody is celebrating a cup win and I'm over here like... Florida is hosting the draft in 2 weeks...

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Hawks are a dynasty. Lightning have a legit team. Hockey season is officially over and as a Panthers fan I'm sitting here feeling like Stephen Weiss circa 2009-10.

5jykvZP.png

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Definitely the best part about the whole series.

It was also pretty cool when Timmonen tried to hand it off quickly and Toews stopped him and said go skate that damn thing. Awesome.
Kimmo said that he got confused and didn't know that he could/should go skate with it, since he'd never won it before.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Boring final game, but Chicago are deserved winners.

I thought it was pretty exciting.

TB was all over Chicago in the first period. Thought they were bound to score. Stamkos had 2 ridiculous chances; one should've gone in. But, CHI just stuck with it and prevailed. I didn't find it boring at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad