2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Versteeg is a 3rd liner on a good team, he benefited from inflated numbers while playing on our top line. Glad he is gone.

If you draft pre-NHL career, 95-97% of the people take Crosby but to gauge them now, I'm confident in taking Toews as the better all around player. The so called gap in skills/attributes is a lot closer now than ever. Toews has the chance to become a potential 4-5 time Cup Champion, not too many guys have done that in the last 25-35 years.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Not from a leadership or Captaincy stand-point. If I were starting a team right now, Toews would be my 1OA, and I don't care if you don't like Crosby, all he does is put up numbers in the regular season and then can't perform in the playoffs. Whereas Toews is money throughout.

Toews>Crosby

Crosby only puts up numbers in the regular season hey:

Crosby 100 playoff games played. 118 points.

Oh and before you start saying he hasn't put up points recently:

This season: 5 games. 4 points. Last season 13 games. 9 points. Season before. 14 games. 15 points.

Toews 117 playoff games. 102 points.

This season: 23 games. 21 points. Last season 19 games. 17 points. Season before. 23 games. 14 points.

And how exactly do you measure leadership or captaincy. Are you in the dressing room?

And you would take Toews with his new caphit over Crosby. Just taking him over Crosby is silly. Taking him with the new caphit is insane.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Crosby only puts up numbers in the regular season hey:

Crosby 100 playoff games played. 118 points.

Oh and before you start saying he hasn't put up points recently:

This season: 5 games. 4 points. Last season 13 games. 9 points. Season before. 14 games. 15 points.

Toews 117 playoff games. 102 points.

This season: 23 games. 21 points. Last season 19 games. 17 points. Season before. 23 games. 14 points.

And how exactly do you measure leadership or captaincy. Are you in the dressing room?

And you would take Toews with his new caphit over Crosby. Just taking him over Crosby is silly. Taking him with the new caphit is insane.

I was replying to your Justin Williams statement and yes I would take his cap hit. That is someone you build your entire or around. Talon knew this. Pitt had their chance and took Staal. Imagine Crosby, Malkin, Toews.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Not from a leadership or Captaincy stand-point. If I were starting a team right now, Toews would be my 1OA, and I don't care if you don't like Crosby, all he does is put up numbers in the regular season and then can't perform in the playoffs. Whereas Toews is money throughout.

Toews>Crosby

Well it means I don't have any bias when it comes to Crosby. Actually, that might not be quite true. I have some bias against him!

Whilst you obviously have a serious bias for Toews.

I was replying to your Justin Williams statement and yes I would take his cap hit. That is someone you build your entire or around. Talon knew this. Pitt had their chance and took Staal. Imagine Crosby, Malkin, Toews.

Yeah, as good as those players are, a three player team would probably struggle!

Interesting you put Toews in that list. Because he is behind the other two. :D

And yeah in hindsight they would draft Toews over Staal because he is the better player. But even today there is talk about Malkin potentially being traded due to the unbalance of the team. Adding Toews would make it even worse!

Yes I know. But you mentioned Crosby only puts up points in regular season which is utterly false as seen with the numbers I posted. He does and has performed in the playoffs. He's not on every game, but no player is. Not even you beloved Toews!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Well it means I don't have any bias when it comes to Crosby. Actually, that might not be quite true. I have some bias against him!

Whilst you obviously have a serious bias for Toews.

Yeah, as good as those players are, a three player team would probably struggle!

Interesting you put Toews in that list. Because he is behind the other two. :D

And yeah in hindsight they would draft Toews over Staal because he is the better player. But even today there is talk about Malkin potentially being traded due to the unbalance of the team. Adding Toews would make it even worse!

Yes I know. But you mentioned Crosby only puts up points in regular season which is utterly false as seen with the numbers I posted. He does and has performed in the playoffs. He's not on every game, but no player is. Not even you beloved Toews!

Living in Chicago, I probably do, I hate the hawks, hate the pens, and crosby but I believe Toews deserves a ton of credit.

And I ordered them alphabetically lol. My OCD wouldn't allow it any other way!

With Toews, Crosby and Malkin (hurts to type that) that team could have won 3-4 cups easy.

But each to their own my friend, all that matters in the end is that we get a chance and bring the hardware home. That way I can be the only guy in my town celebrating and burning cars left and right lol (I Kid).

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I love the Hawks, and Toews.

I wouldn't take anyone not named Ovechkin or Lundqvist over Crosby. I don't see how anyone could.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Imagine if the Hawks and Pens traded Crosby and Toews straight up. Crosby playing with the Kanes, Hossas, Keiths, Seabrooks, Sharps, Saads etc etc etc of the world. I believe he'd have multiple cups too. More than Toews would have playing with "only" Malkin, Fleury, and Letang.

Toews is an unbelievable leader, a legit #1 two-way center, a 1st ballot hall of famer. Can't take anything away from him. BUT Who are Pittsburghs wingers? Dmen? Role players? It takes a team. Not even Crosby and Malkin combined can put the team on their backs.

TL;DR- It's not fair to compare those players when their supporting cast is so massively different.

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Living in Chicago, I probably do, I hate the hawks, hate the pens, and crosby but I believe Toews deserves a ton of credit.

With Toews, Crosby and Malkin (hurts to type that) that team could have won 3-4 cups easy.

But each to their own my friend, all that matters in the end is that we get a chance and bring the hardware home. That way I can be the only guy in my town celebrating and burning cars left and right lol (I Kid).

That I can definitely agree with. :)

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL

Hey now, you won't be the only one :D

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
6sjmy.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad