Prospect Info: 2015 Prospect Development Camp

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It'd be nice to have more balance there, for sure. But I think we've gone a ways to address it the last couple drafts, and the size issue probably seems more pronounced right now because so many of Shero's college mighty mites have become pros and most are on the cusp.

Definitely agree with this statement though:

oh yeah, I am talking Shero here. Its been better the last two years I'd say.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Based on the scrimmage, Pen's breakout and neutral zone transition hasn't been fixed.

If Johnston doesn't fix the systemic problems from last season, it's going to be a very long season.

And what would you do to fix it?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Not saying he will ever make the NHL, but I think the fears being strictly a FOM with Loney's kid can be eliminated. He is worth a look.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
And what would you do to fix it?

If I had a specific answer on fixing it, I would be a hockey coach and not just a fan.

I can only see that it wasn't successful last year and isn't working even in a prospect scrimmage.

It's predictable and easily defendable. It relies overly on the LW on the wall. It highlights the Pens weakness on the left wing (the right wingers are stronger). It allows the defenders to take too much time which leads to the forwards being too far ahead of the play and bottles the puck in the defensive end. The only solution has been individual efforts to skate it out which neutralizes the passing abilities of most of the Pens skilled players.

EDIT: I think having primary outlet options that aren't the LW or up that side is important (up the middle and cross ice passes developing from that side were ineffective changes last season). Eliminating the gap that keeps developing between the defense and forwards is important (having the defense play faster, not releasing all the forwards at the same time, having the forwards cycle back).

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It's one-sided, but there's more promising forwards in this game than I can remember in...forever. No killers, but there's some legitimacy to this group.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
With that shot, Sprong needs to shoot, not deke. Sheary with the Phil Kessel special

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Tiffels has been impressive. He needs to work on decision making with puck (when to pass, etc) but nice.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
haha....Loney, putting on the ritz there.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad