Prospect Info: 2015 Prospect Development Camp

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Jmelm, it'll get there but for now, most players are more focused on dealing with their weaknesses as opposed to using their strong attributes.

As assigned by coaches.

It's really more about dealing with themselves than with others at this very early point in time.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I know Skoff pretty well. Cool stuff that he gets to play in this. He has some ups and downs at PSU. Overall solid goalie. Nothing to sign or use in any other way other than letting him do this stuff.

Rutherford confuses him with Zatkoff and he ends up backing up Fleury this year.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
If I had a specific answer on fixing it, I would be a hockey coach and not just a fan.

I can only see that it wasn't successful last year and isn't working even in a prospect scrimmage.

It's predictable and easily defendable. It relies overly on the LW on the wall. It highlights the Pens weakness on the left wing (the right wingers are stronger). It allows the defenders to take too much time which leads to the forwards being too far ahead of the play and bottles the puck in the defensive end. The only solution has been individual efforts to skate it out which neutralizes the passing abilities of most of the Pens skilled players.

EDIT: I think having primary outlet options that aren't the LW or up that side is important (up the middle and cross ice passes developing from that side were ineffective changes last season). Eliminating the gap that keeps developing between the defense and forwards is important (having the defense play faster, not releasing all the forwards at the same time, having the forwards cycle back).

you realize these guys have had like one on ice session together right?

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I know Skoff pretty well. Cool stuff that he gets to play in this. He has some ups and downs at PSU. Overall solid goalie. Nothing to sign or use in any other way other than letting him do this stuff.

Yeah I wasn't familiar with him but saw the PSU helmet and figured he was kind of a feel good invite.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The fact that Loney was the stand out is all the more reason to not really take this kind of format too seriously. We'll get more perspective from camp & preseason.

Completely agree.

I just got back (five hour drive). Thought Floodstrand looked good, DP of course, and Loney. No one else really stood out at all.

Don't really mean to use the word 'disappointed' but sort of felt that way about Sprong and Jarry. Jarry should be better against this type of competition and Sprong was noticeable on MAYBE one shift. Was hoping for more from him because I am a huge fan of the skill guys.

That being said I can't wait to see how he does at next years camp, I would bet he rips it up.

Two weeks and three camps attended, a new record for me.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He looks like one of those Instagram-famous dudes that lift their shirt up and bite their lip for every picture.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
What's that, getting punched in the face so much that the only thing you can eat is some kind of meat slurry?

no this one
t85ht0.jpg

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I know it's July and that it's a scrimmage, but I thought the overall pace, level of intensity and level of compete was seriously lacking in the game. I wasn't expecting physicality, but I was expecting more pace and effort.

I thought the pace was much better in the second half.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
I know it's July and that it's a scrimmage, but I thought the overall pace, level of intensity and level of compete was seriously lacking in the game. I wasn't expecting physicality, but I was expecting more pace and effort.

It looked like an All Star game, minus the all stars.

Penguinzilla*

You guys are looking at their arms....wrong answer. Look at their legs then compare. Oskar has trunks, that's where all of your strength comes from.

True. Legs and core. Oskar could be much stronger, even with twiggy arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad