2015 OHL Draft (Part 2)

icehky1973

Dec 15, 2014
For fun, I will try but I will likely be posting one soon on my site....

Kitchener - Ben Jones

Interesting DY--I have seen him play a ton but not sure he won't go USHL/NCAA route.

The kid has lots of tlent and can pick whatever road he sees best suits him, on another note DY you mention quite a few kids that have done well in the past but do you not see some of them peaked or is there more in the tank, the change just over the last year shows how some of them dominated in Batam are not the same now.
your number 6/7/10/18/20 :yo:

smalt021

Oct 19, 2011
STL
The kid has lots of tlent and can pick whatever road he sees best suits him, on another note DY you mention quite a few kids that have done well in the past but do you not see some of them peaked or is there more in the tank, the change just over the last year shows how some of them dominated in Batam are not the same now.
your number 6/7/10/18/20 :yo:

Wrong Ben Jones. One is Canadian and the other American.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Anyone venture a guess who the first goaltender drafted will be, and when?

I would say likely one of the two Ontario goalies either Bonello or DiPietro and likely from 18-40 range. My guess would Bonello goes first but who knows..

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I would really like to see an updated list of OHL team draft picks. Can someone post a link?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I would say likely one of the two Ontario goalies either Bonello or DiPietro and likely from 18-40 range. My guess would Bonello goes first but who knows..

My guess is Dipietro goes 1st,selected by Windsor,with the 23rd pick o/a,Sudburys 2nd rd pick

Hockeymandan

Mar 11, 2015
Jacob Tortora is a top player. Can Flat out fly. Top 15 draft pic but is Committed to Boston College.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Wondering who Flint should take with the 2nd overall selection?

Absolutely without a doubt if they remain in second the pick will Gabriel Vilardi the brother of current Whaler Fransiaco Vilardi.

Gabriel was absolutely fantastic for team Ontario at the Canada Games and really elevated his game with some higher skilled linemates.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
ya along with Michael pastujov and david farrance:shakehead

Lol, I was just kidding. I doubt London takes an American this draft with them still not 100% certain they will have Max Jones in the fold next season.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Absolutely without a doubt if they remain in second the pick will Gabriel Vilardi the brother of current Whaler Fransiaco Vilardi.

Gabriel was absolutely fantastic for team Ontario at the Canada Games and really elevated his game with some higher skilled linemates.

Thank you Pete's. Is he highly rated?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Sean Lafortune who is the head scout for thescout.ca has him ranked as the 2nd overall Ontario player eligible for the draft. Only player higher is David Levin from the Don Mills Flyers.

Welcome to the forum by the way, looking forward to watching some hockey in Flint in the near future!!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
"the dog
Originally Posted by Petes
I see a London pick coming.....

ya along with Michael pastujov and david farrance"

Let's hope so :)

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Sean Lafortune who is the head scout for thescout.ca has him ranked as the 2nd overall Ontario player eligible for the draft. Only player higher is David Levin from the Don Mills Flyers.

Welcome to the forum by the way, looking forward to watching some hockey in Flint in the near future!!

My first welcome to the forum. Thank you Petes. I live a couple hours away from Flint, my hometown, but plan on being back for opening night in Flint September 26 against long time hockey rival Saginaw, who is only about 35 milles away. This will be the first of several I plan on attending. Are the kids drafted from Canada in the first several rounds more apt to commit to that team than American kids drafted, or is every situation different?

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
My first welcome to the forum. Thank you Petes. I live a couple hours away from Flint, my hometown, but plan on being back for opening night in Flint September 26 against long time hockey rival Saginaw, who is only about 35 milles away. This will be the first of several I plan on attending. Are the kids drafted from Canada in the first several rounds more apt to commit to that team than American kids drafted, or is every situation different?

Every situation is different. For example the teams that make the most money (London, Kitchener, SSM etc) have the ability to offer these kids the best education packages ($$$) therefore they have the best chance at convincing the Americans kids to come up North to play.

Obviously the American teams have the bargaining chip of the kid not having to leave the country to play junior!

Hope this helps..

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Anyone know if Tyler Arndt is expected to be drafted? (Junior Knights).

He's got a chance that's for sure. Arndt doesn't have ideal size and he isn't a standout in any one particular area but he plays a solid all-around game. Definitely one of the underrated Alliance skaters (joining teammate Jackson Brown and Brett Willits). I am assuming IF he gets drafted that it will be in the 12-15th round range with no guarantees. It's in that range that many teams take their chances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad