2015 OHL Draft (Part 2)

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I cant speak about Fraser. Of the other 3, Grima can push for a job. I bet this plays out, Issacson pushing for a roster spot more than Clarke or Boyko at main camp. He is more suited and probably willing to play in the bottom 6. Big man with a good motor that can impact the forecheck. I said this before and I could be wrong but he might turn into G.Knott type.

I also like the Misley pick. He had a good year with DMF, defensive centerman who has a good motor.

Well.. whatever happens I hope Oke can get the kids that don't make the team signed so they can get proper development in Jr.A, then come up the following year.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I think it sucks for Flint that they weren't able to pick up their own own brother combo of the Vilardi's. They had an opportunity to do exactly that, but Windsor plucked him up. And now, without a top 60 pick reporting this season, they're very likely behind the 8 ball this year.
As Yogi Berra used to say 'It ain't over till it's over'

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Cal Davis is gonna be an interesting player for Niagara. I saw him live a few times but when I looked at some game tape and tried to analyze what he was thinking thru out the duration of multiple game's, i saw a player looking ahead of the play. The puck would follow him around, he could spot guys with opportunity on the weakside. If his feet can get a bit better this summer, he can buy himself time to use his vision and make plays at the next level. His IQ won him the scoring title.

Brady Gilmour won the ETA scoring title on an official basis.

Not trying to take anything from Davis though, he could be a good player in this league. I think he's a similar prospect to Trent Fox, but Davis may be a bit more cerebral.

Last edited:

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
It seems many here are saying Guelph had a good draft, anyone want to provide some insight to the players selected and help a Guelph fan get excited? :laugh:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
It seems many here are saying Guelph had a good draft, anyone want to provide some insight to the players selected and help a Guelph fan get excited? :laugh:

Very good draft. Check out McKeens....i did a quick rundown of each teams' picks

What yall think about that 61st pick of DeMeo to SSM.

;)

One of the better picks of the draft IMO. SSM had a whack of great value selections (Hawel, Demeo, Green, Carlson, Frost, Martin, Horvath, Payne (not sure how he fell so far TBH), Taylor, and Daigle.

OttawaHockeyFan

Jan 8, 2014
Well the Ottawa midget loop just got completely changed. I am not sure on all the details, but it seems to be a U18 league with 15-16-17 year olds playing together. The current AAA league, which was a pilot project only 7 or 8 years ago has been apparently abandoned for a club style system, in which each team in the CCHL would have an affiliate midget team.
Sounds like there won't be Ottawa teams attending the high profile midget tournaments next year.
Scratching my head on this one. My guess.....
A whole bunch of high end Ottawa players will be playing in other jurisdictions next season.
If anyone has any insight as to what has transpired, I'd love to know.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Well the Ottawa midget loop just got completely changed. I am not sure on all the details, but it seems to be a U18 league with 15-16-17 year olds playing together. The current AAA league, which was a pilot project only 7 or 8 years ago has been apparently abandoned for a club style system, in which each team in the CCHL would have an affiliate midget team.
Sounds like there won't be Ottawa teams attending the high profile midget tournaments next year.
Scratching my head on this one. My guess.....
A whole bunch of high end Ottawa players will be playing in other jurisdictions next season.
If anyone has any insight as to what has transpired, I'd love to know.

With just one MM tournament team, I can really get behind an U18 loop. That would keep undersized/late bloomers competitive longer. The more ready 17 yr olds can play in the O. 18/19 yr olds can play college and university. It might raise the profile of HS hockey.
An avg of 200? spectators for JrA teir 2 seems like a waste of resources, and no one would really miss it.
I think it would ideal for areas like Sudbury, it should have just one MM team. Maybe, they can compete in an U18 loop.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad