2015 OHL Draft (Part 2)

icehky1973

Dec 15, 2014
Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Just to add more on top of Rossy's list of guys in the 60-120 range, which is very good. Personally I'm a big fan of Carson and Andonovski. I feel Andonovski could be a surprise next year to some. These guys aren't locks for the top 6 rounds but I feel that's the area they fall into: Del Zotto (JRC), Campoli (JRC), Celotti (JRC), Kimens (Toronto Titans), Martin (London), (Vinogradov), Mchugh (67's), Castleman (67's), Horvath (OVT), Bisson (OVT), Fraser (OVT), Wainman (Petes), Frost (Barrie), Misley (Don Mills), Cocca (Don Mills), Garagan (NYR), Sharir-Smith (Nats), Kellenburger (Nats), Schnarr (Waterloo), Cowen (EMC), Pearce (EMC), Struthers (Halton), Waters (Halton), Landry (Huron Perth). I realize that's a lot of names but those are some guys who don't get talked about as much that I've liked in my viewings off of the top of my head. Missed many more too.
I'm only familiar with the alliance- like those names you dropped( and the top end kids from tourneys)
I really liked DelZotto at the LK tourney as well for a mid rd option. Saw him two full games.

Can't wait to see how it shakes out, after being involved at MM level for the first time this year. Most even if drafted will be in tough to make clubs, but it's a feather in their cap.

Good luck to all the kids chasing dreams and it's not over even if unselected.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Any high end talent in the AAA/AAAA tournament? Don't recognize any names.

http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boys-aaaaaaa-hockey/schedules-results/team-rosters

Doubt you'll see many OHL scouts at OFSAA.

Just went over all the rosters. Not a ton of top talent that I recognize but Eric Guest, a highly touted 2000 born player playing on the Bantam Elgin Middlesex team is playing for Medway High School. Some other names that have the chance to be drafted or players who I liked in my viewings playing in this tournament are Jackson Arcan, Brad Johnson and Noah Rowland (Barrie Jr. Colts) playing for St. Joan of Arc. William Hickey and Cole Ellis (Peterborough) from St. Peters, Johnathan Yantsis (Markham Waxers) on Brother Andre, Cody McNabb, Jack Daley, and Nathan Gooch (Ajax/Pickering Raiders) playing for Ajax High School.

Keep in mind a lot of these players, if even drafted, will probably be late round flyers, but of the players I listed, I think the players (outside of Guest) who have the greatest chance of being drafted are Arcan, Hickey and McNabb.

Grinder1999

Apr 24, 2014
Can anyone give me any feedback on the following players. ..
from what I've see solid players. Probably rounds 7-10...
JrC. ..Campoli...Kalizec
Marlies. ..Entwhistle...Wilkens
Reps...Wells...Rayner
Kings...Cabrel...Maziarz
Rebels. ..Fisher.

Sorry about spelling.
Spell check keeps going crazy.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
JrC. ..Campoli...Kalizec
Reps...Wells...Rayner
Kings...Cabrel...Maziarz
Rebels. ..Fisher.

Sorry about spelling.

I've seen Entwhistle talked about as a possible 2nd/3rd round pick.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
JrC. ..Campoli...Kalizec
Reps...Wells...Rayner
Kings...Cabrel...Maziarz
Rebels. ..Fisher.

Sorry about spelling.

Enwhistle I wont be shocked to see him go late Round 1, should be gone by 40th pick. Big body, excellent motor, physical. Consistent worker that is OHL ready imo. Givani Smith's size and physicality made him a first rounder, this player is similar.

Wells will be in the OHL after 1 year of seasoning in my opinion. A bit of a mean streak, good feet, good shot, defensive dman that keeps it simple. Wells 3-6th round. To me is a bit of a sleeper, i like his potential.

Cabral has an excellent wrist/snap shot, no doubt about it. I imagine his rating is all over the place. Undersized, good skating winger, that has scored a few beauty goals from outside 30 feet.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Enwhistle I wont be shocked to see him go late Round 1, should be gone by 40th pick. Big body, excellent motor, physical. Consistent worker that is OHL ready imo. Givani Smith's size and physicality made him a first rounder, this player is similar.

Wells will be in the OHL after 1 year of seasoning in my opinion. A bit of a mean streak, good feet, good shot, defensive dman that keeps it simple. Wells 3-6th round. To me is a bit of a sleeper, i like his potential.

Cabral has an excellent wrist/snap shot, no doubt about it. I imagine his rating is all over the place. Undersized, good skating winger, that has scored a few beauty goals from outside 30 feet.

Agreed, Entwhistle's size and skating ability alone will make him an attractive option for teams at the draft, and he has some decent puck skills as well. Gets in on the fore check hard and likes to take the body.

I have liked Maziarz from my viewings of Vaughn. Not a big or flashy defender, but he is a solid skater with a smooth stride, not great speed but adequate, and he makes great decisions with the puck, doesn't panic. Has some untapped offensive potential IMO. Probably 7-9th round.

Wilkins is a solid defender for the Marlies, good size on the back end and is fairly mobile. He defends well and his gap control is good. Plays a tough game and wins a lot of puck battles. Moves the puck fairly well, opting for the safe play more often than not. Most likely a guy I would take late in the draft though, not enough upside their IMO.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
JrC. ..Campoli...Kalizec
Reps...Wells...Rayner
Kings...Cabrel...Maziarz
Rebels. ..Fisher.

Sorry about spelling.

I personally really love Campoli, and he was really good near the end of the year. He is a decent skater but he just has tons of hockey sense in my eyes. He plays a strong 200 foot game, always down low in his own zone supporting his defense, has great positioning and engages in puck battles. He sees the ice well and moves the puck appropriately. He does a great job though of finding soft spots in the offensive zone, and has a quick release and an accurate shot.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Any high end talent in the AAA/AAAA tournament? Don't recognize any names.

http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boys-aaaaaaa-hockey/schedules-results/team-rosters

Doubt you'll see many OHL scouts at OFSAA.

Here are a few names that jumped out when I looked (outside of Eric Guest '00, who's a great prospect next year)

Denis Moore - Sean Michaud, Derek Pymont

Northern - Max Steeves

That link only shows the AAA/AAAA schools. Don't forget to check out the other dvisions. Plenty of good talent there. As an associate coach of a A/AA school that was one win away from getting to OFSSAA (very disappointing), I can assure you that these A/AA teams can skate with many of the AAA/AAAA teams. In fact, I've seen some of them win easily over the top AAA/AAAA schools this season.

I always find the high school loop very interesting and it's certainly a league that's growing. However, some AAA rep teams don't allow their kids to play both AAA hockey and high school hockey and as a result there's some variance in talent across the leagues.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
JrC. ..Campoli...Kalizec
Reps...Wells...Rayner
Kings...Cabrel...Maziarz
Rebels. ..Fisher.

Sorry about spelling.

Kalezec is a hard working kid with a great nose for the net. Good shot and competes. Will need a year but has very good potential. I can see him going 4-7 rd.
Campoli and Entwhistle will not be around past 4th rd.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
@MarkSeidel: DT: This is THE strangest OHL Draft in recent years in that the gap between the #1 pick & #8 pick will be VERY minimal! #DependsWhatULike

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
@MarkSeidel: DT: This is THE strangest OHL Draft in recent years in that the gap between the #1 pick & #8 pick will be VERY minimal! #DependsWhatULike

Agreed,can see Levin,Tippett,McLeod,Vilardi,Davis, Gilmour,Gallant,Meireles,Neumann
all in top 8-9,not in the above order,and all the teams selecting could get a winner
I dont expect Blacker,Pastujav and Farrance to be picked in the top 10 because of college committments
There are a couple of others, Jones from the Marlies,Chemenski and Lobdia from the US in the mix too

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Agreed,can see Levin,Tippett,McLeod,Vilardi,Davis, Gilmour,Gallant,Meireles,Neumann
all in top 8-9,not in the above order,and all the teams selecting could get a winner
I dont expect Blacker,Pastujav and Farrance to be picked in the top 10 because of college committments
There are a couple of others, Jones from the Marlies,Chemenski and Lobdia from the US in the mix too

I've got a feeling that Jones goes before Neumann and Gallant... Maybe even Gilmour too.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
We're almost at the month's countdown to the OHL draft, if the season ended today someone please do a Mock! As a Bulls fan my heart says Gilmour to the Bulls, but after past drafts, not sure if Belleville takes another hometown kid

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
We're almost at the month's countdown to the OHL draft, if the season ended today someone please do a Mock! As a Bulls fan my heart says Gilmour to the Bulls, but after past drafts, not sure if Belleville takes another hometown kid

I'll do one up. Post it later tonight

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Here are a few names that jumped out when I looked (outside of Eric Guest '00, who's a great prospect next year)

Denis Moore - Sean Michaud, Derek Pymont

Northern - Max Steeves

That link only shows the AAA/AAAA schools. Don't forget to check out the other dvisions. Plenty of good talent there. As an associate coach of a A/AA school that was one win away from getting to OFSSAA (very disappointing), I can assure you that these A/AA teams can skate with many of the AAA/AAAA teams. In fact, I've seen some of them win easily over the top AAA/AAAA schools this season.

I always find the high school loop very interesting and it's certainly a league that's growing. However, some AAA rep teams don't allow their kids to play both AAA hockey and high school hockey and as a result there's some variance in talent across the leagues.

A/AA link

http://sspembroke.stats.pointstreak.com/players-division.html?divisionid=80507&seasonid=13664

I think valleyboy is a relation to someone on Fellowes.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Mock Draft 1.0 by Petes ->

Sudbury - David Levin
Flint - Gabriel Vilardi
Missy - Ryan McLeod
Windsor - Owen Tippett
Saginaw - Hayden Davis
Peterborough - Ben Jones
*Niagara - Brady Gilmour
Belleville - Greg Meireless
*OwenSound - Brett Neumann
Kingston - Zach Gallant
Sarnia - Nick Suzuki
Kitchener - Marcus Phillips
Niagara - Quinn Hanna
OwenSound - Reilly Webb
Ottawa - Liam Hawel
Guelph - Simon Boyko
NorthBay - Isaac Ratcliffe
Barrie - Joseph Garreffa
London - Jacob Tortora
Erie - Matt Strome
Soo - Ben Evans
Oshawa - Matt Entwhistle

Wow, did this ever get hard... Towards the end started going with guys who have just been talked about here on this thread... I give it my best, critique away!!! (Standings as of March 9th)

* - Compensation pick

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Hey Petes, great effort and job.

I would love to critique, but don't know what to say or who to insert.

This year is a toss up. Top 10 guys should be close to bang on, just altering teams they may go to and positions in top 10.

Some kids in first round, I believe shouldn't be there, but I wont mention their names.

To me, a 3rd or 4th rounder this year can be considered a late first rounder, and vice versa.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Good job Petes, i don't think Marty Williamson would let Matt Strome slip by his second 1st round pick though. I agree with many people here that past #10 its all a crap shoot. Some teams in the 3rd and 4th rounds are going to have highly rated players available

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
Was about to post the same thing. With that second pick, I get the feeling Marty will be all over Strome. Ryan Strome loved the Dogs and vice versa.

One thing that's almost a sure thing, the IceDogs won't be drafting a defenceman with either of their first round picks. So no Quinn Hanna.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Hey Petes, great effort and job.

I would love to critique, but don't know what to say or who to insert.

This year is a toss up. Top 10 guys should be close to bang on, just altering teams they may go to and positions in top 10.

Some kids in first round, I believe shouldn't be there, but I wont mention their names.

To me, a 3rd or 4th rounder this year can be considered a late first rounder, and vice versa.

Thanks a lot chewer!!

I will attempt to do a second version after the standings are set.. Really looking forward to when the rumours start to float around about who's going where.

31 days to go!!

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
For fun, I will try but I will likely be posting one soon on my site....

It really is a crapshoot with such varrying opinions. Not an easy task.

Sudbury - David Levin
Flint - Gabriel Vilardi
Missy - Owen Tippett ....I get that McLeod fits nice but it's a reach IMO to take him over Tippett.
Windsor - Hayden Davis
Saginaw - Greg Meireless
Peterborough - Brady Gilmour
*Niagara - Ryan McLeod
Belleville - Brett Neumann
*OwenSound - Zach Gallant
Kingston - Marcus Phillips
Sarnia - Vanya Lodnia
Kitchener - Ben Jones
Niagara - Matt Strome
OwenSound - Nick Suzuki
Ottawa - Jack Studnicka (a personal favourite of mine)
Guelph - Isaac Ratcliffe
North Bay - Liam Hawel
Barrie - Quinn Hanna
London - Jacob Tortora
Erie - Joseph Garreffa
Soo - Sasha Chmelevski
Oshawa - Reilly Webb

* - Compensation pick

Not too sure about how strong Ian Blacker's commitment is (I know his brother's is strong) but wouldn't be surprised to see him taken in the first. Best dman that I've seen

Quinn Hughes is a worthy Top 10-15 pick but his commitment clouds things.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Early mock/prediction

1) Sudbury - Levin
2) Flint - Vilardi
3) MIS. - Mcleod
4) Saginaw - Tippett
5) Windsor - H.Davis
6) Belleville - Gilmour
7) Niagara - Gallant
8) Petes - Meireles