Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VII | Dominoes Everywhere! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othello*

On the flip side:

-Watch Michalek on the pk who always seems to not be able to cover the point and never attempts too block shots, even saw him dodge shots numerous times. Then you have Pageau who wears his heart on his sleeve and covers the points

- He constantly tries to use his stick in the neutral zone while not moving his feet.

- Lack of point coverage 5v5

That's just his defensive woes, his offensive woes will be much longer.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.

Im nt even saying hes bad im sayong average at best. You are saying hes great and then you having people like Othello and MAK saying hes awful. Maybe theres a middle group?

What do you think happened in spezza's last year? Are you going to argue he was good defensively?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
- Watch him cover massive amounts of the ice during an opposition team's breakout and cut off options and forcing the puck carrier into low-percentage options. It's arguably his best defensive skill, he eats up so much neutral zone room on a rush and forces the opposing team into making either regrouping or making a play that could force a turnover.

- Watch his positioning in the defensive zone, and watch how he shuts down options.

- Watch his hustle back into the defensive zone, and his stick work when chasing a player.

- Watch his work in the corners.

No one is calling him a future Selke winner here, but he's quite a tick better than average. He's good. Not elite, he's not super-physical or a shot-blocking machine, but quite good. That he's been the defensive conscience on so many lines since he's been here should be a pretty good tip that he's got a handle on it.
Bold is why I don't like his defensive game. He lacks defensive awareness, which hinders his defensive positioning.

We've discussed this before, though.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
On the flip side:

-Watch Michalek on the pk who always seems to not be able to cover the point and never attempts too block shots, even saw him dodge shots numerous times. Then you have Pageau who wears his heart on his sleeve and covers the points

- He constantly tries to use his stick in the neutral zone while not moving his feet.

- Lack of point coverage 5v5

That's just his defensive woes, his offensive woes will be much longer.

This is something i think ill agree with. I dont think his point converage is bad. I think he puts in effort but just makes poor reads sometimes

I dont think hes a real puck hound who attacks players who have the puck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad