Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VII | Dominoes Everywhere! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, I couldn't find anything in the CBA that would prevent it. In fact, the word "trade" doesn't even appear a single time in all of Article 12 (Arbitration).

Maybe I missed it?

No I looked there too and could not find anything. I figured I might have missed it lol

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sounds great! Can't wait... Very promising... Any idea what's going on with Prince?

Last year he blew everyone out of da water alongside Pageau in camp and tourney. He should get a real shot at camp especially after the excellent season in a weak Bingo team.

He'd better be.

He's one of the oldest players at dev camp, playing against a roster half-populated by teenagers. Anything less than him being one of the three best players at this camp would be a massive red flag.

Not necessarily, I mean if the guy isn't good, even if he's oldest by wide margin, he'd still not be the best that features recent top picks and other players who are/could be better even though younger. The fact that he's arguably the best vs a pretty deep group, even though not entirely elite, poses well for his chances at an NHL future which is most important thing.

The Jangle Meister*

Me too. How about Greening for Sharp? That would be nice! Might have to add a draft pick though e.g., a second rounder).

doubt theyd like Greening but it would save them the necessary cash. Would probably have to add a pick and a prospect like Prince though

I think they would take Chiasson and a pick

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hoffman+Conditional 1st+Wier for Fowler

Chiasson+prospect/pick for Sharp

Sharp-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Michalek

Methot-Karlsson
Fowler-Ceci
Cowen-Wideman
Boro

Anderson
Hammond

Ye boys cup contenders next year jus like DAT.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Sharp-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Michalek

Methot-Karlsson
Fowler-Ceci
Cowen-Wideman
Boro

Anderson
Hammond

that actually looks amazing and doable...stupid budget

Othello*

Michalek = 4mil
Greening = 3mil
Neil = 1.8 mil
Phillips = 2.5 mil
Smith = 1.6 mil

Ew

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
that actually looks amazing and doable...stupid budget

Say we were gonna give Hoff 3.5 mil

Hoff+wier+Chiasson = 7.7 assuming we were gonna give Chiasson 1.5

Fowler+Sharp = 9.5 mil difference is 1.8 mil hmmm.

I unno we why don't trade Neil. We don't need him, IMO unless we make playoffs and Id rather use that money on better player than potentially needing him in playoffs.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Say we were gonna give Hoff 3.5 mil

Hoff+wier+Chiasson = 7.7 assuming we were gonna give Chiasson 1.5

Fowler+Sharp = 9.5 mil difference is 1.8 mil hmmm.

I unno we why don't trade Neil. We don't need him, IMO unless we make playoffs and Id rather use that money on better player than potentially needing him in playoffs.

or trade boro and smith and get a different 4th line center back

throwing that out there since trading phillips and neil is pretty much a no go unless they actually demand a trade

almost 3 million out and either sign a center or trade for one or hell promote dzingel

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Sharp-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Michalek

Methot-Karlsson
Fowler-Ceci
Cowen-Wideman
Boro

Anderson
Hammond

:handclap: GMBM are you reading this? Get on it!

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I dont know why Anaheim would trade Fowler. There seems to be whispers about shattenkirk. I would give almost anything for Fowler. Having him and Karlsson as the building blocks of the team on the top pairing would be sweet

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
One name I've not seen mentioned is Kris Russell. He is a UFA after this season and with Calgary's acquisition of Hamilton and the season Brodie had the flames could be looking at a top 4 of:

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Wideman

Hope available does that make Russell? At 28 he fits that "older" guy that Murray has been after and he would IMMEDIATELY improve the second pairing - let's not forget he set a record for blocked shots last year.

Methot-EK65
Russell-Ceci
Cowen/Weircoch-Wideman

What would it take to aquire Russell?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I absolutely love Russell, but he is definitely one of those guys that battles so hard he is going to break down earlier than later...exactly like Volchenkov.

Considering he will be a UFA, it will take a multi-year committment to get him. Probably not a good idea considering the Sens timeline.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I wonder if Phillips would consider a move to Binghamton to learn the ropes this year from Richardson before he moves on. I know his business here is thriving, but also assume he has a good team to help run it.

He can get his salary as a "player/coach" and just not do a lot of playing. Available as a call-up if needed, I guess.

Not sure he'd do it, but Binghamton is not that far away. Still in the organization. Makes his salary. Solve a huge issue for BM.

The Jangle Meister*

Hoffman + Chiasson + Smith for Sharp and Shaw

Wiercioch + Michalek + Prince for Byfuglien

sign BM favourite player Chris Stewart from cheap

Sharp-Zibanejad-Stone
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Paul-Shaw-Stewart
Puempel-Pageau-Lazar
Greening, Neil - guys can take Paul's spot until he is ready

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Byfuglien
Boro-Ceci
Wideman

size, speed, skill, experience

BigBush*

One name I've not seen mentioned is Kris Russell. He is a UFA after this season and with Calgary's acquisition of Hamilton and the season Brodie had the flames could be looking at a top 4 of:

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Wideman

Hope available does that make Russell? At 28 he fits that "older" guy that Murray has been after and he would IMMEDIATELY improve the second pairing - let's not forget he set a record for blocked shots last year.

Methot-EK65
Russell-Ceci
Cowen/Weircoch-Wideman

What would it take to aquire Russell?

Russell isn't going to be traded. I'm almost positive he'll be re-signed. Local guy, team loves him, just bought a house in Calgary.

Wiseman is far more likely to be traded or let walk

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I proved your point that he's well rounded by pointing out that you're making things up?

Condra isn't physical, like, at all. It's fine, that's not his game, but saying he can hit is just dishonest. It's like saying Spezza is a good hitter and a great power forward.

That would be true if you were unable to read what I wrote. I said he hits, which is true. He had twice as many hits as Spezza last year, and unlike Spezza he takes his bumps in the corners and is not afraid to get hit. This makes him effective in the corners. He is far more a physical player than not.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
[/B]

That would be true if you were unable to read what I wrote. I said he hits, which is true. He had twice as many hits as Spezza last year, and unlike Spezza he takes his bumps in the corners and is not afraid to get hit. This makes him effective in the corners. He is far more a physical player than not.

Well, your designation of a guy who "hits" is pretty loose considering Condra had less than 0.5 hits per game.

He has 93 hits in 300 games... 0.31 hits per game over his career

Spezza has 98 hits in 364 games since hits began to be recorded.... 0.27 hits per game over his career

Is Condra's 0.04 extra hits per game really noticeable?

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Well, your designation of a guy who "hits" is pretty loose considering Condra had less than 0.5 hits per game.

He has 93 hits in 300 games... 0.31 hits per game over his career

Spezza has 98 hits in 364 games since hits began to be recorded.... 0.27 hits per game over his career

Is Condra's 0.04 extra hits per game really noticeable?

Yes. They have complete opposite style of play.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
[/B]

Your point is to say that he is physical (which he really isn't) and you compare him to one of the least physical player in the league who has almost the same amount of hits per game....

If you compare him to one of the league's softest player, I think that's a good indicator that he's not a physical player. He does hit from time to time, like every NHL player but he's not knownto be a physical guy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad