Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V |Brace Yourselves, Draft is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Stone will be signed tonight, and Hoffman is going to arbitration.

No real threat of offersheet IMO.

Yay....and eww.

Good for getting Stone locked up.

Bad for going to arbitration. That never ends well. Sours the relationship between player and team every time.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Just read on Hockeybuzz ,on the sens blog .That we have been warned of a potential offer sheet for one of our players .The team doing it wants to try and negotiate a trade with us first .

I took a dump... And I can read poop like tea leaves and I think it is Stone to Buffalo.

That is as accurate as that site.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
This is not entirely true. For the first half of last season the team playing in front of both Lehner and Anderson were awful. There was a multi game stretch last season that Lehner was facing 50+ shots a game, I believe it was one of the early road trips out west.

Lehner was not great but he is still very young, I think the fans expectations of what Lehner could/would become has tainted our view of where is he is. He should not be traded.

Really last year Lehner was perhaps the WORST goalie in the NHL. Hammond was the BEST goalie in the NHL when he played.

Not huge sample sizes but going with Hammond is not a crazy thing. And Hammond is cheaper.

My view of Lehner is "tainted" by his actual play.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
From what I've heard, the plan is to stagger Mika, Stone and Hoffmans contracts by a year each.

1 year for Hoff, 2 for Mika, 3 for Stone.
I think we keep RFA status for all 3 of them based on that, but without Capgeek I have no idea lol.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
These are good points except for #2 imo; I don't like Anderson's puck handling at all.

That said, this doesn't refute anything I said. This was literally Lehner's 1st bad season. All elite goalies have bad seasons. Price has had two .905 sv% seasons I believe.

Just adding some context.

As for the puck handling, you may not like it, but Anderson is worlds better than Lehner at it. He has his gaffs (kinda like Belfour did) but most of the time he helps out the D a lot.

But the most important thing imo is that we are dealing with a 86 game sample here, less than an average starter gets in 2 seasons. It's pretty normal for a goalie to have hot and cold stretches, but they can look far more obvious when you break up the play into smaller chunks. The question is, which chunk is more representative of his abilities. My concern is during this past season, he not only was getting scored on, but looking bad doing it, but Kiprusoff looked terrible in SJ before being traded, so what do I know.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
From what I've heard, the plan is to stagger Mika, Stone and Hoffmans contracts by a year each.

I think we keep RFA status for all 3 of them based on that, but without Capgeek I have no idea lol.
I hope so :handclap:

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.

Judging by their ages that would keep them all as RFAs upon expiry.

From Wikipedia
A player may only declare himself to be an unrestricted free agent if he is over the age of 27 or has played in the league for a minimum of 7 years.

A one year deal would make Hoffman 26 with three years of NHL experience.
A two year deal would make Zibanejad 24 with five years of NHL experience.
A three year deal would make Stone 26 with four or five years of NHL experience. (I don't think the 13-14 season would count for him since he only played 19 out of 82 games.)

WhiteLight*

As for the puck handling, you may not like it, but Anderson is worlds better than Lehner at it. He has his gaffs (kinda like Belfour did) but most of the time he helps out the D a lot.

Meh. I agree he is better.... but, Lehner knows he's bad and keeps it simple, rarely ventures. Anderson is not so good, but ventures a whole lot and is slow getting back. He helps the D sometimes but he also gets into trouble. The amount of times I :facepalm: at Anderson when he plays the puck. Lehner is more conservative.

But the most important thing imo is that we are dealing with a 86 game sample here, less than an average starter gets in 2 seasons. It's pretty normal for a goalie to have hot and cold stretches, but they can look far more obvious when you break up the play into smaller chunks. The question is, which chunk is more representative of his abilities. My concern is during this past season, he not only was getting scored on, but looking bad doing it, but Kiprusoff looked terrible in SJ before being traded, so what do I know.

Yeah, agreed. Hopefully the new baby can explain his performance. I'm sure it's tough for anyone to have a kid, but at 23.... tough adjustment I'm sure.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

You know what drives me nuts about Anderson? It's how he completely bails on the play if he gets bumped or interfered with and just stares at the Refs.

ITs a small thing, but its cost the team a couple of goals.

WhiteLight*

Why not go the long term 5.5 x 8 years for Stone? He should be a bargain at 5.5 in no time

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Why not go the long term 5.5 x 8 years for Stone? He should be a bargain at 5.5 in no time

Its better not to buy into any UFA years. That way he can be re-signed longterm just before he would be a UFA. This means we own Stone for 10 years instead of 8 and know if hes for reals.

WhiteLight*

Its better not to buy into any UFA years. That way he can be re-signed longterm just before he would be a UFA. This means we own Stone for 10 years instead of 8 and know if hes for reals.

I guess. Although 5.5 from 23 years old to 30 years old would be awesome. Instead of the 8M he'll likely make after this contract. pros and cons I guess

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Murray already said in an interview he's not interested in long term deals for our RFA's.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Murray already said in an interview he's not interested in long term deals for our RFA's.

Can confirm. The kids need to prove themselves before he starts doling out the big term contracts. Murray doesn't seem interested in gambling on Zib or Hoffman (or Stone for that matter, but I think he's the most likely to get term IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad