Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V |Brace Yourselves, Draft is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I would have prefered that the Ryan trade be Silfverberg/Noesen/2nd or Silfverberg/Prince/1st or something along those lines. The fact that Noesen got hurt after the trade and diminished his value somewhat is irrelevant. He was one of our top prospects at the time.

We added the 1st to get the deal done on the same day we lost Alfie to the Wings. It was a public relations move as much as it was a hockey trade and, as such, we paid a higher price than we maybe should have.... it's done and I won't whine about it now, especially because I think Ryan's a heck of a player.......... end of the 2014/2015 season notwithstanding.................
Yep ,the 1st was so we didnt cough up Zibby ,silf is a good player but ryan fits our team better and is the better player.Its not a homerun win but for me its still a win

WhiteLight*

a big .002 more impressive in 13/14

Lehner's /Anderson's Save Percentage:

13-14 .913/ .911
Oct .940 / .911
Nov 936 /.866
Dec .895 /.921
Jan.898 /.917
Feb.838/ .905
Mar.901 /.923
Apr.955 /. 919

And Anderson is a #1 goalie, no? Anderson is even above average some might say. If Lehner was comparable (or better) than Anderson, what does that say about Lehner? Include Lehner's numbers from 2010 to 2013 and it's nothing but sunshine and rainbows for Lehner throughout his career.

That leaves only 2014-15 as a bad season for Lehner. So what you're saying is we should give up on the "goalie of the future" after one bad season? Carey Price would be disappointed in you.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Murray still is hampered by financial restrictions then I really hope he goes all in for the 3rd overall pick. Obvi not trade everything but you get what I mean.

Then select our own Patrick Kane or Niedermeyer.

I honestly think so so highly of Hanifin. I think he will be absolute star. If he does indeed play LD get him here asap can't begin to imagine the impact him and Karlsson would have wow. When I watched in in WJC and some Boston C games he was just so smooth and defensively brilliant. Looked like Lidstrom/Nieder.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I would have prefered that the Ryan trade be Silfverberg/Noesen/2nd or Silfverberg/Prince/1st or something along those lines. The fact that Noesen got hurt after the trade and diminished his value somewhat is irrelevant. He was one of our top prospects at the time.

We added the 1st to get the deal done on the same day we lost Alfie to the Wings. It was a public relations move as much as it was a hockey trade and, as such, we paid a higher price than we maybe should have.... it's done and I won't whine about it now, especially because I think Ryan's a heck of a player.......... end of the 2014/2015 season notwithstanding.................

When people wonder why a Canadian team has not won a cup in 20+ years, this is why. PR moves are common.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Murray was trying to trade for Ryan before Alfredsson left. I dont think it was a PR move so much as murray paniking because he lost his number 1 RW

Dont think he was think ohh nooo the fans

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Man i love BM ,says he wants a top6 forward a high draft and a prospect for one of his goalies.Doesnt say which one though.Then tweets that the return may be a bit less than what he hoped for.:laugh:

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I concur. He talks way too much in the media, and our guys just blow it up. he needs to be a little closer to the vest.

Interesting that he says he will travel to and from Vegas on his own schedule, rather then travel with the other GMs to Florida, arriving a day later. Having time to talk deal is more important for Dorian at least I'd hope.

I agree with this as well. You have to appreciate his honesty, but sometimes I think he details too much to the media about what's going on when it comes to player negotiations, etc. It'd be better if he was little bit more discreet about what's going on. As a player it would tick me off just a small bit seeing my GM letting everyone know every single thing that's going on. It's a private discussion between a GM, a player, and his agent only.

There's no way in hell Murray's getting a top 6 player for Robin Lehner. Try more like a 3rd liner most likely

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And Anderson is a #1 goalie, no? Anderson is even above average some might say. If Lehner was comparable (or better) than Anderson, what does that say about Lehner? Include Lehner's numbers from 2010 to 2013 and it's nothing but sunshine and rainbows for Lehner throughout his career.

That leaves only 2014-15 as a bad season for Lehner. So what you're saying is we should give up on the "goalie of the future" after one bad season? Carey Price would be disappointed in you.

A couple things to account for here;

- as the backup Lehner may have been facing lesser competition.

- Anderson adds quite a bit in puck movement, this helps transition to offense.

- For whatever reason, Anderson consistantly gets much better Win - Loss records than Lehner here in Ottawa. In the end, that's all that matters. Sv% is certainly better than just win/loss but there is definately more to winning than just your sv%.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I agree with this as well. You have to appreciate his honesty, but sometimes I think he details too much to the media about what's going on when it comes to player negotiations, etc. It'd be better if he was little bit more discreet about what's going on. As a player it would tick me off just a small bit seeing my GM letting everyone know every single thing that's going on. It's a private discussion between a GM, a player, and his agent only.

There's no way in hell Murray's getting a top 6 player for Robin Lehner. Try more like a 3rd liner most likely
Read my post above it should become clearer to you :nod:

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Murray was trying to trade for Ryan before Alfredsson left. I dont think it was a PR move so much as murray paniking because he lost his number 1 RW

He probably was working on that trade already, I agree. But he was likely doing so in a methodical way until Alfie bolted and then he had to ramp up his offer to get something done same day and keep the wolves at bay....

It was the inclusion of the 1st round pick that Murray didn't want to do. I have no proof of that but I know it in my bones. I think he was originally offering Silver/Noesen/2nd or something along those lines. I'd heard the Zibby rumors too but I don't think Murray was ever close to trading Zib, who still represents the highest draft pick in his tenure as our GM. The 1st round pick sealed the deal and that was a concession Ottawa made and not Anaheim.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He probably was working on that trade already, I agree. But he was likely doing so in a methodical way until Alfie bolted and then he had to ramp up his offer to get something done same day and keep the wolves at bay....

It was the inclusion of the 1st round pick that Murray didn't want to do. I have no proof of that but I know it in my bones. I think he was originally offering Silver/Noesen/2nd or something along those lines. I'd heard the Zibby rumors too but I don't think Murray was ever close to trading Zib, who still represents the highest draft pick in his tenure as our GM. The 1st round pick sealed the deal and that was a concession Ottawa made and not Anaheim.

I remember reading that too, that the deal was already in place but Murray was offering a 2nd round pick, while the Ducks were demanding a first.

When Alfie left, Murray decided to give them the first. How goeod would that deal look if it had been that 2nd round pick?

You cant really blame Murray, if the Sens didn't bring in a big name player after the alfie fiasco the fans would have gone ballistic. Myself included

Tnouc Alucard

Sep 10, 2014

Great points.

I'll also point out to all the Lehner haters out there, the Guy has only appeared in 86 games in the NHL.
If you total up his actual minutes played (in the NHL) it works out to 79.8 games in the NHL.

So for the Lehner haters out there, less than one full season is enough to kick this guy to the curb.

Funny that you bring up Carey Price, because there were a lot of Price haters who wanted to ship his ass out and keep Halak..............remember?

I honestly believe it will be one of the other goaltenders who is moved.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Great points.

I'll also point out to all the Lehner haters out there, the Guy has only appeared in 86 games in the NHL.
If you total up his actual minutes played (in the NHL) it works out to 79.8 games in the NHL.

So for the Lehner haters out there, less than one full season is enough to kick this guy to the curb.

Funny that you bring up Carey Price, because there were a lot of Price haters who wanted to ship his ass out and keep Halak..............remember?

He has been bad since Dec 2013.

WhiteLight*

A couple things to account for here;

- as the backup Lehner may have been facing lesser competition.

- Anderson adds quite a bit in puck movement, this helps transition to offense.

- For whatever reason, Anderson consistantly gets much better Win - Loss records than Lehner here in Ottawa. In the end, that's all that matters. Sv% is certainly better than just win/loss but there is definately more to winning than just your sv%.

These are good points except for #2 imo; I don't like Anderson's puck handling at all.

That said, this doesn't refute anything I said. This was literally Lehner's 1st bad season. All elite goalies have bad seasons. Price has had two .905 sv% seasons I believe.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Read my post above it should become clearer to you :nod:

:nod:

I understand what you're saying but its outrageous to think that Lehner would fetch a top end player considering his value is so low right now. If Murray wants that he's going to have to move a younger guy as well and not some dead weight like Greening or Gryba either :shakehead

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
When Alfie left, Murray decided to give them the first. How goeod would that deal look if it had been that 2nd round pick?

Would have been a clear win for Ottawa at that point. But who knows. Maybe the Ducks would have held fast to their demands regardless and the deal wouldn't have gotten done without the 1st. If we were the ones trading a young, 4-time 30 goal scorer we would have demanded a 1st round pick in the deal too.....

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

You are correct based on what i read

Intitally Anaheim asked for two of Zibby, Cowen and silf

Murray got them to take Noeson who the ducks really liked and bumped the second to a first

WhiteLight*

Great points.

uh huh, yes. Habs took a leap of faith in Price, and it paid off big time.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Just read on Hockeybuzz ,on the sens blog .That we have been warned of a potential offer sheet for one of our players .The team doing it wants to try and negotiate a trade with us first .

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Agreed but imo more like a bad stretch and then the injury...makes you laugh and then cry doesn't it!

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
He has been bad since Dec 2013.

This is not entirely true. For the first half of last season the team playing in front of both Lehner and Anderson were awful. There was a multi game stretch last season that Lehner was facing 50+ shots a game, I believe it was one of the early road trips out west.

Lehner was not great but he is still very young, I think the fans expectations of what Lehner could/would become has tainted our view of where is he is. He should not be traded.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
:nod:

I understand what you're saying but its outrageous to think that Lehner would fetch a top end player considering his value is so low right now. If Murray wants that he's going to have to move a younger guy as well and not some dead weight like Greening or Gryba either :shakehead
You still arent getting it are you ?Andy is the goalie , we are asking that outrageous price for,in other words we are not trading andy .But lehner,so of course we wouldnt get the price he said he wanted :laugh:

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Stone will be signed tonight, and Hoffman is going to arbitration.

No real threat of offersheet IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad