Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V |Brace Yourselves, Draft is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Could also mean that they want value for every dollar they spend ,keeping phillips for instance .Is a 2.5 mil dman ??heck no ,but for the comparable dman on the F/A market at the time. The price was higher.Either through money and or term ,or both.This is my point we have some contracts that look bad, right now .But none of them are the mega mistakes that we see every year handed out like candy every july 1st :nod:

I am not upset with Phillips contract, I am upset that Murray is forcing Greening or Legwand into a goalie trade because our return will be horrible.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I find management dithering (again) on the goalie issue. the time to do it was when Hammond was signed and Murray announced someone would be dealt. The rumor was 6 teams called. Murray wanted to maximize his return and include a deadweight in the deal so teams backed off. Over the last month several other goalies are now available, making this a buyer's market.

Murray (is allowing Dorian who is handling the negotiations?) too much time to get this done.

We are missing the boat again on the timing of a deal. I expect the goalie deal is confirmed today, or it will be in November when a return is better.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Yeah not really ,i like Silf but he is marshmallow soft .He didnt fit into our top 6 then and doesnt now

Disagree completely. Not sure where this is coming from. Not a good analysis of that player. I like Ryan but the trade was, at best, a draw from Ottawa's perspective.

Foligno is a 1st line forward and now their captain. Face of the franchise. Foligno > Methot. Not a good trade despite Methot playing well here.

Disagree with this as well. This was a rare win-win trade. Foligno is a top line forward just as Methot is a top-pairing D-man. Neither has the ideal skill-set for those roles but with their new teams they fit well. That was a good trade. Ottawa benefited from it immensely.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I am not upset with Phillips contract, I am upset that Murray is forcing Greening or Legwand into a goalie trade because our return will be horrible.
As opposed to what ??we are trading a backup goalie .Not Mark Stone.The value of lehner is at best a 2nd ,so who cares if we throw in a cap dump and take a 3rd .Nothing earth shattering is going to come of it ,Andy is still our number 1 :nod:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Lately i have found it odd that GMBM seems to like to show his complete hand early, may have worked in the past to be bluntly honest but you don't see many guys using this tactic today especially when the media takes it and runs with it everytime.

I concur. He talks way too much in the media, and our guys just blow it up. he needs to be a little closer to the vest.

Interesting that he says he will travel to and from Vegas on his own schedule, rather then travel with the other GMs to Florida, arriving a day later. Having time to talk deal is more important for Dorian at least I'd hope.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
As opposed to what ??we are trading a backup goalie .Not Mark Stone.The value of lehner is at best a 2nd ,so who cares if we throw in a cap dump and take a 3rd .Nothing earth shattering is going to come of it ,Andy is still our number 1 :nod:

Agreed.

I also don't get all the outrage over speculation. Nobody has any real clue what Murray expects or what his discussions with other teams have been.

At least save the outrage until after the trade occurs. For now just wait patiently and stop looking for things to complain about and reasons to believe you would do better than Bryan Murray at his job.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Disagree completely. Not sure where this is coming from. Not a good analysis of that player. I like Ryan but the trade was, at best, a draw from Ottawa's perspective.

Disagree with this as well. This was a rare win-win trade. Foligno is a top line forward just as Methot is a top-pairing D-man. Neither has the ideal skill-set for those roles but with their new teams they fit well. That was a good trade. Ottawa benefited from it immensely.
Perfect analysis,he isnt a top 6 forward and never will be one as good as ryan is period . We dont need a guy that can score 40 points and be good positionaly .We need a forward that goes to the dirty area,s to score ,Silf plays afraid unless you have a tough player to help him.Even then ,he still reminds me of a dackell type player

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I concur. He talks way too much in the media, and our guys just blow it up. he needs to be a little closer to the vest.

Interesting that he says he will travel to and from Vegas on his own schedule, rather then travel with the other GMs to Florida, arriving a day later. Having time to talk deal is more important for Dorian at least I'd hope.
Again we are trading our backup goalie who cares what he says

WhiteLight*

Teams that could need a goalie?

Buffalo (Lehner)
Calgary
Dallas (Lehner)
Edmonton
Minnesota
San Jose
St. Louis (Anderson; would need to move Elliott)

Not that many options I suppose

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I think this is a stupid move by Murray to get rid of Lehner for a guy who played well for 25 games. How will this board react if Hammond isn't even in this league in 2 years and Lehner straightens himself out and becomes a solid starting goalie for another team?[/QUOTE]

it's irrelevant, Anderson is the starter, not Hammond. Nothing Hammond does has anything to do with Lehner.

I understand that and I'mall for keeping Anderson, but I'm thinking about the future when it comes to goalies.

Honestly they should have just rolled with the Anderson/Lehner combo for 2 more seasons, give O'Conner as much experience in the AHL as he needs and then evaluate how Lehner/Anderson are in 2 years. If Lehner is still struggling then look for a trade for him, bring O'Connor up and have Anderson as the back-up if the team sees him as an ineffective starting goalie at his age. That way if O'Conner struggles just put in the veteran again. The team trusts Anderson and it wouldn't be a big deal. What's the big deal in 2 more seasons? Based on what I saw in the playoffs and the Finals, I don't think this team is ready to compete for a championship. We have a lot of young players on offence and on D that need more time.

It's what I would have done but it seems like this trade with Lehner is happening

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
We need a forward that goes to the dirty area,s to score

Oh man, this again? Does Ryan go into the dirty areas? Look, I'm fine with the trade and it's history anyway. But tell me, who among the Hawks top-six forwards goes into the "dirty areas"? Maybe Saad? Toews sort of.... and?? Come on. Skill is skill. Is this what positioning yourself for a "dirty goal" looks like?

WhiteLight*

Yeah he was good for sure ,but we are dealing with too many small sample,s. That have gotten less and less frequent

well often times he was playing well and got pulled out of the net anyway. Can't have it both ways. Can't say he hasn't played enough but pull him when he deserves to play.

WhiteLight*

Oh man, this again? Does Ryan go into the dirty areas? Look, I'm fine with the trade and it's history anyway. But tell me, who among the Hawks top-six forwards goes into the "dirty areas"? Maybe Saad? Toews sort of.... and?? Come on. Skill is skill. Is this what positioning yourself for a "dirty goal" looks like?

Lemme know when Ryan starts scoring like Patty Kane

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
7915744.jpg

Theres quite a few people you dont like that trade. I dont mind it but it could hurt in the near future very badly. Still Methot, Turris and Ryan trades were all very fair trades where it might even be said we overpaid.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And ryan has much more of it period ,add in the fact ryan will drop the gloves in defense of a teamate .Take a beating in front of the net to provide a screen .Like i said i like Silf but he isnt a top 6 guy ,he has some skill but little else in his game

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
well often times he was playing well and got pulled out of the net anyway. Can't have it both ways. Can't say he hasn't played enough but pull him when he deserves to play.
Yep ,Ottawa seems to want Andy in there period

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
He was more impressive than Anderson in 2013-14

a big .002 more impressive in 13/14

Lehner's /Anderson's Save Percentage:

14-15 .905 /.923
Oct .939 / .934 ...
Nov .894 /.932
Dec .892 /.918
Jan .884 /.927

13-14 .913/ .911
Oct .940 / .911
Nov 936 /.866
Dec .895 /.921
Jan.898 /.917
Feb.838/ .905
Mar.901 /.923
Apr.955 /. 919

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario

The Rangers turned down 2 2nd round picks for Talbot, a backup goalie.

If we were offered the same deal then those would be good bargaining chips to move up in the 1st round.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Rangers turned down 2 2nd round picks for Talbot, a backup goalie.

If we were offered the same deal then those would be good bargaining chips to move up in the 1st round.
How do you know this ??its a rumor like everything else .Nothing more,cant really base your arguement around it either

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
I would have prefered that the Ryan trade be Silfverberg/Noesen/2nd or Silfverberg/Prince/1st or something along those lines. The fact that Noesen got hurt after the trade and diminished his value somewhat is irrelevant. He was one of our top prospects at the time.

We added the 1st to get the deal done on the same day we lost Alfie to the Wings. It was a public relations move as much as it was a hockey trade and, as such, we paid a higher price than we maybe should have.... it's done and I won't whine about it now, especially because I think Ryan's a heck of a player.......... end of the 2014/2015 season notwithstanding.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad