Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V |Brace Yourselves, Draft is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Continue here...

Trade everyone.

Last post from the last thread

Also a big factor when puck is coming up the boards in the offensive zone. If D is on offhand, he has a much harder time to rim it back in on his backhand. Or else, he has to waste seconds transferring to forehand which by that time the other teams charging forward has already likely stolen the puck. Of course, the D could back off, but that means less possession and less offensive zone time.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think what the sens need to do is trade the players that don't fit in for better players that do fit in.

Draft good players, instead of bad players, and bob's your uncle!

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think what the sens need to do is trade the players that don't fit in for better players that do fit in.

You're the next GM in line. :bow::banana::pickle:

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
61792061.jpg

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville

And to template off of the last Stanley Cup champs in the Blackhawks, we just need 4 more elite level players. Easy.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I think we know the ideal game plan but have to rely on what other teams do to realize it.

- It starts with unloading Legwand, Greening, Phillips, Neil and maybe Cowen or Smith.
- Then we need a D, the best possession guy in free agency is Ehrhoff and id easily give him 2-3 years at 4.5 mil range or a bit more if needed.
- Get the best return for a Goalie (preferably Anderson due to age/return)
- Then we draft either Konecny, Svechnikov, Zboril, Ek-Eriksson or White and make out like bandits.
- Give guys like Puempel, Prince, Claesson, Wideman, Wickstrand a chance to crack the team by unloading those moldy contracts.

Wait until fully marinated and you have yourself a contender!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i wouldnt trade neil till we have a viable replacement

i thought the tone of our game in the playoffs changed once Neil was put in

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think we know the ideal game plan but have to rely on what other teams do to realize it.

- It starts with unloading Legwand, Greening, Phillips, Neil and maybe Cowen or Smith.
- Then we need a D, the best possession guy in free agency is Ehrhoff and id easily give him 2-3 years at 4.5 mil range or a bit more if needed.
- Get the best return for a Goalie (preferably Anderson due to age/return)
- Then we draft either Konecny, Svechnikov, Zboril, Ek-Eriksson or White and make out like bandits.
- Give guys like Puempel, Prince, Claesson, Wideman, Wickstrand a chance to crack the team by unloading those moldy contracts.

Wait until fully marinated and you have yourself a contender!

Unfortunately... by then some of those new contracts will be moldy... and the overall result will be spoiled.

A slight twist to your recipe:
- It starts with unloading Legwand, Greening in deals for players on the outs (Daley, Oshie for example)
-- Package in some of PW, Cowen, Lehner to sweeten the pot
-- Utilize some of those guys who can't crack the lineup to help season the trade
- Draft BPA, unless there's a real opportunity to move into the top 13.
- Allow Phillips and Neil to age gracefully
- Patch any remaining holes with the kids who look ready and available UFAs (Vermette maybe if he's not too expensive).

Let boil for a pre-season so the flavours mix well, and then be ready to contend.

WhiteLight*

Unfortunately... by then some of those new contracts will be moldy... and the overall result will be spoiled.

A slight twist to your recipe:
- It starts with unloading Legwand, Greening in deals for players on the outs (Daley, Oshie for example)
-- Package in some of PW, Cowen, Lehner to sweeten the pot
-- Utilize some of those guys who can't crack the lineup to help season the trade
- Draft BPA, unless there's a real opportunity to move into the top 13.
- Allow Phillips and Neil to age gracefully
- Patch any remaining holes with the kids who look ready and available UFAs (Vermette maybe if he's not too expensive).

Let boil for a pre-season so the flavours mix well, and then be ready to contend.

The only part I like about this is dealing for Oshie.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The only part I like about this is dealing for Oshie.

Why do people want Oshie when we already have Stone and Ryan... Stone doesn't play LW and Ryan did but then you have three righties on the same line.

WhiteLight*

Why do people want Oshie when we already have Stone and Ryan... Stone doesn't play LW and Ryan did but then you have three righties on the same line.

I agree he doesn't really fill a need. Not crazy about Oshie, wouldn't give up the moon for him. But, the forwards are still better with him than without

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

I want Oshie to play with Turris and CMac. I think it'd be a good two-way line.
Stone with Zibby and Ryan worked out pretty nice.
And we're still missing a real top 6 winger. Plus his contract is reasonable.

Then you still have Michalek/Hoffman-Pageau-Lazar for energy, and whatever we want to make for the other bottom 6 line.

Really though I'm most interested in getting Daley.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

The last few years i have watched him play my opinion has changed from him being a top 6 to top 9 player which is nothing to balk at and is the way ahead in the latest version of the league but uneeded on this team imo.

Unless we are looking at a true first line player i would stear clear of the forwards and look at the coveted 2-3-4 dman this team needs so badly (only 3 top 4 dmen currently).

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
i wouldnt trade neil till we have a viable replacement

i thought the tone of our game in the playoffs changed once Neil was put in

I didn't see it. Actually I was expecting Neil being the tone setter, but nothing happened. I'd still keep him as a 13th forward though.

Oh, and you won't find a replacement for Neil. Unless you want to get someone like Lucic or Kassian.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Dallas has let go of Horcoff...so you have to believe that any trade we make with them now most definitely will include Legwand.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If Murray really wants to land a top 6 forward like he says he wants to do, I think Moulson is probably the only option we have that fits the bill for what we have to give in return. Definitely wouldn't be a guy I'd be targeting, personally I think MacArthur is just as good, but realistically I can't see a team parting with a top 6 player if a deal for a goalie + unless we add significantly.

I look at teams that could be interested in our goalies and the guys that could fit the bill as a ''potential top 6 guy'', also assuming we're trading Lehner and not Andy:

Edmonton:

Jordan Eberle - Is a RW, would cost Lehner +1rst + Lazar probably.

Draisaitl - a Centre, will cost a ton

Buffalo

Matt Moulson - A LW, would cost less but has a NTC

Cody Hodgson - A Centre, will be bought out and has next to no value ATM (not top 6 anymore)

San Jose

Tommy Wingels - More like a good 3rd line player

Dallas

Cody Eakin - Not a top 6 forward but had 40 points last season, could potentially be a 2nd line player.

Minnesota

Charlie Coyle - A centre, Potential top 6 guy same age as Lehner

Florida (Big maybe here)

Vincent Trocheck - A Centre, Potential top 6 player

Jimmy Hayes - A RW, but doubt Florida trades him

Jussi Jokinen - Top 6 player, don't think we'd want him

Calgary

Mikael Backlund - Don't think he'll ever pan out to be a true top 6 player

Jiri Hudler - Saw rumour that he could be had if the price is right (from Dreger IIRC) and UFA also. Will cost a ton.

Options for a top 6 guys or potential top 6 guys that I could see us targeting are very limited. I didn't include players that teams will definitely not trade like Ennis, Hall, RNH, Monahan, Hertl, Couture, Pavelski, Gaudreau, Bjustad, Barkov, Huberdeau, etc etc etc or older guys that probably don't fit the bill like Thornton or Marleau.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The last few years i have watched him play my opinion has changed from him being a top 6 to top 9 player which is nothing to balk at and is the way ahead in the latest version of the league but uneeded on this team imo.

Unless we are looking at a true first line player i would stear clear of the forwards and look at the coveted 2-3-4 dman this team needs so badly (only 3 top 4 dmen currently).

Totally agree, Not much available in that front either (top line player) but Murray seems to want another forward unfortunately. He also said that if he can't land a forward he'll turn towards the best offer even if it's a Dman si I have a little hope.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm starting to think I'd be okay trading Michalek. I'm a fan, and I still think he's a heck of a middle-six player. That being said, if we want to keep Condra and end up keeping guys like Chiasson, Smith and Neil then something's gotta give. I certainly wouldn't give him away, but if a team like Pittsburgh was willing to give us a good defence prospect I'd be more than willing to listen.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Quote from Garrioch's latest article.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/06/18/sens-gm-bryan-murray-believes-he-has-a-playoff-contending-club

The Senators have spoken to defenceman Chris Wideman, who spent most of last year in Binghamton, and will be a UFA. He wants a chance to play because he didn't get any NHL games last season but doesn't want to sign here if he's going to be the No. 9 defenceman. "We've told him at some point early in the summer we hope to move a defenceman," said Murray. "He wants the chance to play. He'd like to see an opening and an opportunity and he's a quality young man and we'd like to give that to him."

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Totally agree, Not much available in that front either (top line player) but Murray seems to want another forward unfortunately. He also said that if he can't land a forward he'll turn towards the best offer even if it's a Dman si I have a little hope.

I am hoping it has always been a smoke screen/bluff claiming "Top 6 fwd" and what we truly want is a real top 4 dman and GMBM is playing it out.

Also i should have prefaced my previous statement in terms relating to an elite team that can compete for the cup which we are currently not.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Ottawa
Sharp

Chicago
Cowen
Hoffman
18th overall

The only reason why Chicago trades Sharp is for cap savings, that 18th overall I'm sure would be a nice pick for them but Cowen and Hoffman coming back will likely save them about a million or so tops in space. Any Sharp trade will only see futures coming back with a slight chance of a cheap young roster player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad