Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part IV | 8 days to Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Backes would fit in nicely. Don't see it happening unfortunately

they are saying asking price is apparently a top 6 forward+1st+forward spec

one of prince/puempel+1st are two pieces need to figure out what/who the top 6 forward would be, maybe a 3 team deal where its the forward we get back for our goalie

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
apparently backes is available, i would much rather have him than o'reilly

Backes
Turris
Zibby
Pageau

that looks amazing

Oshie and Berglund supposedly are as well... I think I'd rather go for Oshie from the Blues. Could use the right wing more than another center.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Oshie and Berglund supposedly are as well... I think I'd rather go for Oshie from the Blues. Could use the right wing more than another center.

Backes can play wing and would probably be amazing with zibby and Ryan but would also be more expensive than oshie

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
me too, probably murray too, but he seems prepared to keep Lehner and Anderson and let Hammond clear waivers.

Good. Might just be psychological, but Hammond still feels like a free wallet. I'd still rather lose him for nothing than get a crap return for Lehner.

I really hope we dont get Eakin, Dallas fans feel hes pretty expandable - not what we need.

He's not small, but if he's expandable, we could always make him bigger. I do like that idea.

they are saying asking price is apparently a top 6 forward+1st+forward spec

one of prince/puempel+1st are two pieces need to figure out what/who the top 6 forward would be, maybe a 3 team deal where its the forward we get back for our goalie

Not a chance for me. That's exactly the kind of selling the farm deal we should not be making right now. I like Backes, but we should not be trading young top sixers and first round picks for 31 year old players at the moment.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Really depends on how we view lazar for next season. Is he considered a center or rw or minors . I mean oshie would obviously be cheaper but only makes more sense if we consider lazar a c or ahler otherwise I want backes

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Really depends on how we view lazar for next season. Is he considered a center or rw or minors . I mean oshie would obviously be cheaper but only makes more sense if we consider lazar a c or ahler otherwise I want backes

The organization seems to be pretty set on keeping Lazar as a winger. Dorion spoke about Lazar yesterday on TSN 1200 and made note that he is much more offensive minded when on the wing and plays defensive when in the middle and they want to see more of his offensive side coming through.

I also don't see them having any issues with putting Curtis in the AHL for a little bit if it makes sense to do so. It wouldn't hurt his development.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The organization seems to be pretty set on keeping Lazar as a winger. Dorion spoke about Lazar yesterday on TSN 1200 and made note that he is much more offensive minded when on the wing and plays defensive when in the middle and they want to see more of his offensive side coming through.

I also don't see them having any issues with putting Curtis in the AHL for a little bit if it makes sense to do so. It wouldn't hurt his development.

Not quite what he said. He said he liked him on the wing but he's so good defensively that he could definitely play centre. He said that it was a coaching decision and not his but Lazar is and is going to be a great player.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Backes plays LW he'd be perfect

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Backes-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar

Ohhhhhhh baby.

Can you imagine dat second/1st line just crushing, stealing and defending the opposition?

I really feel like Turris must have 2 big body wingers in order for him to be accepted as a 1st line C and it makes up for his lack of size and high end scoring. Just like in Boston.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If Backes plays LW he'd be perfect

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Backes-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar

Ohhhhhhh baby.

Can you imagine dat second/1st line just crushing, stealing and defending the opposition?

I really feel like Turris must have 2 big body wingers in order for him to be accepted as a 1st line C and it makes up for his lack of size and high end scoring. Just like in Boston.

you cant break up mac-turris-stone until they fail, plus we all know hoffman is going to last 1 shift on that line before being demoted

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I still think Chiasson is one of the best players on the boards I've seen as a Sen. Granted I've only been a Sens fan since around 2007, he just always seems to come away with the puck in the boards. Had a lot of bad luck towards the end of the season but I still think he can be a great Third line player in the league.

Peter Schaefer is, and always will be the best Sen on the boards. He was ridiculously good.

Othello*

^Gryba is 27 I'll be shocked if he can get better. Maybe improve from a bottom pairing AHL player to a 7th dman

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
^Gryba is 27 I'll be shocked if he can get better. Maybe improve from a bottom pairing AHL player to a 7th dman

He's a pretty good AHL guy though. Got brought up for having the best plus minus in the AHL at the time.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
So I read up there Blues fans are asking a 1st + + for Backes? Or is it insiders saying that?

Oh the irony if it's these Blues fans, someone said something bout Dallas being delusional in their demands I remember the way Blues fans acted in the whole Spezza fiasco. Now they want a better package for Backes! Oh my, sure he's better on defense but he isn't really young and doesn't have Spezza's resume. I seriously lost a lot of respect for some of their posters in the Spezza thread and was glad to see them get bounced again in the 1st round like we all said it would happen. Not like we did better but still.

Anyway, I had my doubts with Turris and at some point last year I thought he lacked strenght along the boards and lost his puck battles sometimes. He also sometimes is afraid of the contact but overall when he picked it up with Cameron he had a really good season overall. He still had a 60pts season and I think if you asked him he would say he wasn't happy with his start.

All that to say I think our centers are fine and if we're looking for a playoffs ghost I'd look at Oshie before Backes. Just personnal preference I guess! I'd do Andy ++ for Oshie.

Ryan-Zibanejad-Oshie
Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Lazar
Condra/Prince-Smith-Chiasson

Depends on Condra signing or not and Puempel/Prince training camps

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
A few Dallas fans have told me they would give us Daley for Lehner and Legwand, I honestly have no idea what to think of it. HE isnt amazing and hes 31, probably want a pick back too. But would play in our top 4, does someone know more about him?

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci

He had a couple injuries this season, but from a fantasy perspective was pretty solid. I don't know his contract status though. But I'd be intrigued by the thought.

Depends what else is offered. I like Daley as a player. He's pretty similar to Ceci. He should have at least another 4 good years in him.

Ill take Daley over a 2nd.

3.1 next season and 2.7 the year after that with a 3,3 cap hit. So cheap as hell for a top 4 guy.

Haven't heard of Daley?

He is a 11 year veteran NHL defender. His TOI since 08-09 has been between 21 - 22 minutes per game, hence he is a top 4 defender on most NHL teams, including the Senators. His salary is also reasonable.

He could push 2 of Boro/Gryba/Wier/Cowen to 3rd pairing duties which doesn't seem like a bad idea.

If Senators bundled Lehner, one of Gryba/Cowen, and let's say a 3rd/4th rounder, I wonder what they'd get from a team like Edmonton?

Just throwing the idea out there based on curiosity and for discussion purposes.

Last edited:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Is Legwand not worth a 4th round pick to anyone ? His deal isn't that bad, one year left, and he can still contribute in all facets.

If they can trade legwand and dump Greening with Lehner, the $$ to sign the RFA's gets much easier.

Also, no offense to Condra, but it's tough to contemplate much of a raise from his $1.25M when Pageau signed for $900K. Different guys and skillsets, but still basically the same tier of player. It would be a mistake to give Condra a material raise.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Gryba is a prime candidate to be moved

He's a rock solid bottom pairing RHD dman, lots of teams want those

Yep! Kinda weird that we would move our only bottom pairing RHD who plays valuable PK minutes but I guess if it gives Cowen a good chance to play I'd be down for it. Not sure who'd play opposite side though and Wideman would be 7th? No sure I understand. Ideally we'd need to move 2 guys if we sign Wideman unless Philips is out.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yep! Kinda weird that we would move our only bottom pairing RHD who plays valuable PK minutes but I guess if it gives Cowen a good chance to play I'd be down for it. Not sure who'd play opposite side though and Wideman would be 7th? No sure I understand. Ideally we'd need to move 2 guys if we sin Wideman unless Philips is out.

I think Boro can play both sides.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
More towards just being big and skilled. I wouldnt say soft but he shouldnt be fighting guys his size. Hes more of a perry type guy then a lucic

Im not saying he will be the next Perry.
Perry is a mean and dirty sob. Would take him on my team any day. Not a good comparison imo.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Is Legwand not worth a 4th round pick to anyone ? His deal isn't that bad, one year left, and he can still contribute in all facets.

If they can trade legwand and dump Greening with Lehner, the $$ to sign the RFA's gets much easier.

Also, no offense to Condra, but it's tough to contemplate much of a raise from his $1.25M when Pageau signed for $900K. Different guys and skillsets, but still basically the same tier of player. It would be a mistake to give Condra a material raise.

Pageau would've got probably double on the open market but he was RFA, quite different from Condra being a UFA who many teams will be looking for. I assume Condra could get up to 2M per on the market. Probably around 1,75 is my guess.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Kinda. Chiasson is more Wier body type. Chiasson is 24 and 205 pounds. Ritchie is 21 and 215. Ritchie's skill set is focuesed around scoring chiasson's around play making

Chiasson is tall and skinny
I see Ritchie as a 15-20 goal 40 point RW. A good player but nothing we don't already have lots of.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
I think Boro can play both sides.

Boro on left side >>> Boro on right side

The same can be said about a bunch of D. Probably why Gryb played almost the whole season. There are very few players especially on D that can play effectively on their off-side and most the ones that do are very good at puck handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad