Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part IV | 8 days to Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jangle Meister*

A few Dallas fans have told me they would give us Daley for Lehner and Legwand, I honestly have no idea what to think of it. HE isnt amazing and hes 31, probably want a pick back too. But would play in our top 4, does someone know more about him?

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
A few Dallas fans have told me they would give us Daley for Lehner and Legwand, I honestly have no idea what to think of it. HE isnt amazing and hes 31, probably want a pick back too. But would play in our top 4, does someone know more about him?

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci

He had a couple injuries this season, but from a fantasy perspective was pretty solid. I don't know his contract status though. But I'd be intrigued by the thought.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci

Depends what else is offered. I like Daley as a player. He's pretty similar to Ceci. He should have at least another 4 good years in him.

Ill take Daley over a 2nd.

The Jangle Meister*

He had a couple injuries this season, but from a fantasy perspective was pretty solid. I don't know his contract status though. But I'd be intrigued by the thought.

3.1 next season and 2.7 the year after that with a 3,3 cap hit. So cheap as hell for a top 4 guy.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Backes, Oshie and Berglund are all supposedly available from the Blues...
Need to track down their cap hits - but wonder if we could do something for one of them sending Greening the other way (for cap balance purposes), plus a major prospect that's not going to fit here because of log jams, and then obviously a reasonable player in return too.

Backes: 1 year,$4,500,000 caphit. $4,750,000 in salary.
Oshie: 2 years, $4,175,000 caphit. $9,000,000 in salary, 4.5 per.
Berglund: 2 years, $3,700,00 caphit. $7,400,000 in salary, 3.7 per.

Backes is 31, 6'3" 221lbs. In 80 games this season, 26G and 32A for 58PTS. He played 18:38 per game.
Oshie is 28, 5'11" 189lbs. In 72 games this season, 19G and 36A for 55PTS. He played 18:50 per game.
Berglund is 27, 6'3" 217lbs. In 77 games this season, 12G and 15A for 27PTS. He played 14:34 per game.

Last edited:

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci

Only problem is Murray has said we are going for a forward, not a D.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I personally liek Daley. Though I dont know how people would feel about Daley and Ceci on the backend. That's a whole lot of weak defensive skill.

Daley on the powerplay would also be nice. He has a great shot.

Definitly one of the better offers I've seen. I'd much rather get a guy who can play now then a pick, regardless of how deep the draft is

The Jangle Meister*

I personally liek Daley. Though I dont know how people would feel about Daley and Ceci on the backend. That's a whole lot of weak defensive skill.

Daley on the powerplay would also be nice. He has a great shot.

Definitly one of the better offers I've seen. I'd much rather get a guy who can play now then a pick, regardless of how deep the draft is

maybe he will be better defensively without Spezza and Hemsky on his team :sarcasm:

Oct 10, 2010
I don't mind one of the proposals i think Mister Fantastic mentioned.

Brett Ritchie for Lehner and if it isn't good enough, you add.

This is the type of trade i want to make when it comes to Lehner.

Adding a negative contract to an asset is BS and i absolutely hate that idea!

The Jangle Meister*

I don't mind one of the proposals i think Mister Fantastic mentioned.

Brett Richie for Lehner and if isn't good enough, you add.

This is the type of trade i want to make when it comes to Lehner.

Adding a negative contract to an asset is BS and i absolutely hate the idea!

This is what I hope lol Ritchie plays a physical style, is young with upside, and can play next season. As well he makes one or two of our forwards expendable that can be used in a larger trade for a legit top 6/ top 4

Oct 10, 2010
This is what I hope lol Ritchie plays a physical style, is young with upside, and can play next season. As well he makes one or two of our forwards expendable that can be used in a larger trade for a legit top 6/ top 4

Yup that's exactly it.

Opens up other trade possibilities and we maximize our assets to boot.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
According to a Stars fan I asked about Daley... the lack of defense this past season was basically Ruff saying 'go score any way you can'.

Previous seasons he's much better and he's quick. So I think he could work with Ceci. Or Daley-Karlsson, with Methot-Ceci...

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
id be fine with daly although admittedly it seems odd tha stars fans want him gone or are willing to see him leave despite their bad defense. Not sure he is a 38 point dmen on the sens either

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
id be fine with daly although admittedly it seems odd tha stars fans want him gone or are willing to see him leave despite their bad defense. Not sure he is a 38 point dmen on the sens either

I don't think we need him to be a 38 point dman... we just need him to be Ceci's Methot.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I don't think we need him to be a 38 point dman... we just need him to be Ceci's Methot.

ya i know lol I perfectly fine with him being a consistent top 4 dman with 25-30 points. Hell i wouldnt care if he didnt score at all as long as he helps shelter Ceci a bit. He would almost be ideal though considering he can play the LD pp

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
ya i know lol I perfectly fine with him being a consistent top 4 dman with 25-30 points. Hell i wouldnt care if he didnt score at all as long as he helps shelter Ceci a bit. He would almost be ideal though considering he can play the LD pp

Alright, so that's our new campaign... convince DAL and OTT to make a trade for Daley.
Lehner+Legwand would actually free up cap space too for us a little bit.

Then for that top six guy we're looking for... we go to the Blues, and basically use PW as a reasonable piece for that trade, along with Greening as a cap dump. We'd probably have to part with someone like Puempel or Prince to make it work in the end too but I don't see that as disastrous.
Ryan-Zibby-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Oshie
Chiasson-Pageau-Lazar
Michalek-Smith-Hoffman
Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci
Cowen/Boro/Gryba/Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

I think I'd be happy with that.
Could still work to clear out Smith and use some other kid at center for the 4th line.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dubnyk apparently wants $5+mil/year on a long-term deal from the Wild, or whoever wants him as a UFA.

Not sure how that affects the goalie trade market, but on first glance I think it helps us. Sticker shock on what an unproven (over more than half a season) UFA goalie will cost on July 1st might give teams who were sitting on the fence about their goaltending situation a kick in the pants.

The Jangle Meister*

If you traded Legs and Lehner for Daley you probably have the pieces to make a deal for two offensive upgrades

Wiercioch + 1st(2016) + Michalek

Chiasson + Prince + 2nd (2015)

one of our 2015 2nds could be added in there to make a deal happen. Looking at guys like Eriksson Oshie or my hopeful ROR.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If you traded Legs and Lehner for Daley you probably have the pieces to make a deal for two offensive upgrades

Wiercioch + 1st(2016) + Michalek

Chiasson + Prince + 2nd (2015)

one of our 2015 2nds could be added in there to make a deal happen. Looking at guys like Eriksson Oshie or my hopeful ROR.

I think ROR would be out of our price range though for his extension. That's why the Avs are looking to move him isn't it? They can't agree on a number and would rather move him out than have him play into free agency.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dubnyk apparently wants $5+mil/year on a long-term deal from the Wild, or whoever wants him as a UFA.

Not sure how that affects the goalie trade market, but on first glance I think it helps us. Sticker shock on what an unproven (over more than half a season) UFA goalie will cost on July 1st might give teams who were sitting on the fence about their goaltending situation a kick in the pants.

Wow. If ~40 games can get you a 5 mil per long term contract... well I really have no words. I mean, should anyone looking to trade for Talbot should probably look to make around 5 mil in cap space to accommodate his next contract...

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Wow. If ~40 games can get you a 5 mil per long term contract... well I really have no words. I mean, should anyone looking to trade for Talbot should probably look to make around 5 mil in cap space to accommodate his next contract...

i know Hammond would be a lot richer xD

The Jangle Meister*

I think ROR would be out of our price range though for his extension. That's why the Avs are looking to move him isn't it? They can't agree on a number and would rather move him out than have him play into free agency.

I dont really know, the situation is pretty confusing lol I dont know if he just wants money or doesn't like the situation in Colorado, maybe trying to price himself out.

I dont know if we have the assets to get him really, based on what we should be willing to give up. But an ROR and Daley as off season additions is pretty big, imo.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah. I think Daley's going to be my new Ehrhoff... he's the guy I want us to grab for our second pairing whenever there's a chance it looks like he's available.

For top 6... I think Oshie would fit in nicely with Turris and Mac wouldn't he? Be a pretty darn good two-way line, put that up against the other team's prime threat, use Hoff/Michalek-Pageau-Lazar against their second line, and then Ryan-Zibby-Stone are free to play against the other team's bottom lines.

BigBush*

Ritchie would be interesting. Good chance hes another Chiasson type player who this franchise would complain about non stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad