Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part IV | 8 days to Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I hope we make a big trade so we can argue about it all summer

Just throw some polarizing player in to make it better

Lehner+Wier+1st+Lazar for ROR after he is rumored to of rejected a 7.5 mil extension

this is a hypothetical. I have never seen anything concrete on ROR negotiations

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
If he's rejecting a $7.5mil/year offer, why would we want him?

Easy, easy pass for me.

Murray said hes willing to trade for UFAs that cant/wont be signed by there team and then attmept to sign them in ottawa.

Im more suggesting this situation would cause a great deal of drama on the board not that its super likely to happen

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Perhaps he just wants to leave Colorado?

While that may be true, there is plenty of precedent with RoR that suggests he's also about the money. I mean, I know it's a hypothetical situation we're talking about here, but still.

For a guy like Turris, it was clear that it was about getting out of Phoenix. With RoR, there's enough history there that if he's turning down a hypothetical $7.5mil offer, I want no part of that. We are not the kind of team that should be trading away prime assets in exchange for the kind of guy who has displayed a very clear contract history that clashes with everything we do here.

I think RoR is a fantastic hockey player, from a hockey perspective I'd LOVE to have him here, but if he's (for argument's sake) balking at a $7.5mil contract extension, I can't imagine how you couldn't consider that the biggest red flag in the NHL right now.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
ROR must be really high if he rejected 7.5 M.

Good prayer, a bit overrated and not worth the price.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure where you guys are getting these numbers. No one knows what he's looking for or what's going on with him. Not a single reliable person has reported anything on O'Reilly.

I don't blame you guys for not wanting to give up assets for O'Reilly and pay him that hypothetical amount but if that's the case, I'm guessing most of you also really hate the Bobby Ryan contract?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I don't want to rely just on stats since I rarely ever watch him play but can someone explain to me how he is being offered 7.5 M? Intangibles?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Not sure where you guys are getting these numbers. No one knows what he's looking for or what's going on with him. Not a single reliable person has reported anything on O'Reilly.

It was a hypothetical scenario. Like a "What if O'Reilly balked at a $7.5mil offer from the Avs, and as a result they put him on the market... are we interested?" kind of thing.

At least, that's how I understood it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It was a hypothetical scenario. Like a "What if O'Reilly balked at a $7.5mil offer from the Avs, and as a result they put him on the market... are we interested?" kind of thing.

At least, that's how I understood it.

Ah okay. That makes sense because there's literally nothing on O'Reilly out there. The only "news" we've heard is when McKenzie tweeted there's been no substantive extension talks thus far.

The Jangle Meister*

ROR must be really high if he rejected 7.5 M.

Good prayer, a bit overrated and not worth the price.

I feel like if that's his asking price he wants out of Colorado, like over pricing himself out. Whatever they offer hes jjust gonna ask for more so they are forced to trade him maybe, who knows.

I think he would resign in Ottawa, just a gut feeling. Would be a lot of cash but on a long term deal we might be able to have a 6.5 AAV which isnt horrible. I could be completely wrong however.

I think we would be an awesome pick up for our team. The fact that he plays LW and C (arguably on par with Turris and Zib having essentially three 2nd line two way centers) is very valuable. I think Zib and ROR can switch on the wings, and he would give us some pretty versatile lineups

ROR-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Zib-Ryan
MacA-Pageau-Lazar

Zib-ROR-Stone
MacA-Turris-Ryan
Hoff-Pageau-Lazar

Hoff-Turris-Ryan
MacA-ROR-Stone
Puempel-Zib-Lazar

The Jangle Meister*

Murray said hes willing to trade for UFAs that cant/wont be signed by there team and then attmept to sign them in ottawa.

Im more suggesting this situation would cause a great deal of drama on the board not that its super likely to happen

just curious, did Murray say that recently?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is there a legit source on O'Reilly rejecting a 7.5M offer?

My interpretation of the situation with him has been that the Avalanche were too stubborn with their supposed salary structure set by Duchene's deal.

Not extending O'Reilly to a long term deal last year might end up being one of the biggest blunders in modern Avalanche history.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Is there a legit source on O'Reilly rejecting a 7.5M offer?

My interpretation of the situation with him has been that the Avalanche were too stubborn with their supposed salary structure set by Duchene's deal.

Not extending O'Reilly to a long term deal last year might end up being one of the biggest blunders in modern Avalanche history.

It was a hypothetical. I read in an avalanche blog when looking for contract stuff that Roy wants to set a rule no one makes more then Duchene.

Nothing i would say is a concrete source though

I believe i read in an avalanche blog that he rejected a long term 7 mil contract but ill have to check my where i saw it. I posted the quotes last time we talked about ROR

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Well O'Reilly is almost guaranteed to be asking for more then the 6 million he is making now. Now the question becomes if we trade for him where would u want to cut off his contract? 6.5?6.75?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Colorado wanted the conversation to start at the 5 million dollar cap hit, while O’Reilly and his agent were hoping to start talked at the 6.5 million dollar amount it would take to qualify him.

http://thehockeywriters.com/is-ryan-oreilly-as-good-as-gone-in-two-years/

ROR wanted 6.5 as a starting point and avs wanted 5. ROR agreed to 6 short term according to this

Read some Adrian Dater stuff and idk what sense to make of what hes writing. Said the avs offered him a 5 year deal as 3.65 but there was a problem with the final year being a ufa year...Wouldnt three of those years be UFA? He then said the avs offer ROR a 7 mil contract for two years but the ROR signed a 2 year deal at 6 lol

maybe i misunderstood

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Well O'Reilly is almost guaranteed to be asking for more then the 6 million he is making now. Now the question becomes if we trade for him where would u want to cut off his contract? 6.5?6.75?

If you trade for him and give up actual good pieces ie Hoffman, 1st or lazar you should be prepared to pay him whatever he wants. Cant lose assets like that for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad