Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part IV | 8 days to Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

Ritchie would be interesting. Good chance hes another Chiasson type player who this franchise would complain about non stop

No need for Ritchie. Bottom 6 RW; Stars fans are ridiculous in their demands for him. Don't even bother

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ritchie will be a top 6 goal scorer. I see 30 goal potential

Honestly at this point - I don't think I want to trade for potential. We have guys who fit that bill in our system as it is now... plus the draft.

I'd rather see someone who can score 30 goals now, while we have some kids on decent contracts playing at or above expectations.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Ritchie would be interesting. Good chance hes another Chiasson type player who this franchise would complain about non stop

Ritchie is chiasson if he was bigger and had his talents focused on goal scoring.

Ritchie is a powerforward prospect

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Honestly at this point - I don't think I want to trade for potential. We have guys who fit that bill in our system as it is now... plus the draft.

I'd rather see someone who can score 30 goals now, while we have some kids on decent contracts playing at or above expectations.

I kinda feel the same way but with Ritchie...hes going to end up being one of your best forwards. You get an opportunity to grab him you take it

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Chiasson was a power forward prospect

Kinda. Chiasson is more Wier body type. Chiasson is 24 and 205 pounds. Ritchie is 21 and 215. Ritchie's skill set is focuesed around scoring chiasson's around play making

Chiasson is tall and skinny

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Does Ritchie play a mean game? Or is he just big?

More towards just being big and skilled. I wouldnt say soft but he shouldnt be fighting guys his size. Hes more of a perry type guy then a lucic

Im not saying he will be the next Perry.

The Jangle Meister*

Ritchie is pretty physical

we would still have pieces to go for a top 6 and it would round out our bottom 6 for next season. If you can land Ritchie move Chiasson, if you can land Daley more Wiercioch

Hoffman-Pageau-Ritchie
Puempel-Smith-Lazar

The Jangle Meister*

I really hope we dont get Eakin, Dallas fans feel hes pretty expandable - not what we need.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
are people mixing up both Ritchie brothers?

anyways near NHL ready prospects is not what ottawa needs we already have so many in lazar, pageau , peump, prince

I rather get a more proven player like Oshie

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
are people mixing up both Ritchie brothers?

anyways near NHL ready prospects is not what ottawa needs we already have so many in lazar, pageau , peump, prince

I rather get a more proven player like Oshie

they both are good

The Jangle Meister*

listening to Murrays interview today on the sens website make me feel much more comfortable. Seems like hes ready to make a good move, or two.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I still think Chiasson is one of the best players on the boards I've seen as a Sen. Granted I've only been a Sens fan since around 2007, he just always seems to come away with the puck in the boards. Had a lot of bad luck towards the end of the season but I still think he can be a great Third line player in the league.

WhiteLight*

I still think Chiasson is one of the best players on the boards I've seen as a Sen. Granted I've only been a Sens fan since around 2007, he just always seems to come away with the puck in the boards. Had a lot of bad luck towards the end of the season but I still think he can be a great Third line player in the league.

He has no finish around the net (or anywhere for that matter) and no hockey sense all over the rest of the ice.

He's a good athlete; big, strong, good skater, good hands. He's an athlete but he's not a hockey player. His brain just doesn't work that way it seems.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He has no finish around the net (or anywhere for that matter) and no hockey sense all over the rest of the ice.

He's a good athlete; big, strong, good skater, good hands. He's an athlete but he's not a hockey player. His brain just doesn't work that way it seems.

Chiasson is 205 at 6'4 thats pretty skinny relative to other players. Wier is 205 at 6'5 and people say hes weak. Chiasson also isnt a good skater. He's closer to the worst skater then the best.

Scouting reports from HF.

H
as a good blend of size and skill. Decent speed on his feet, but needs to work on skating, especially stride.

Obviously thats not the be all and end all but i think hes been a meh skater his whole life. Im sure stars fans will say hes a poor scorer

Last edited:

BigBush*

decent along the boards and down low, but no way one of the best as a Sens in the last several years. Stone might be.

He showed great flashes at times. I think he'll get better. needs some coaching though

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
chiasson looked good to start. Good on the boards and in front of the net. He seemed to wear down and stopped producing then Maclean was fired and Cameron instantly promoted Stone over him.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
apparently backes is available, i would much rather have him than o'reilly

Backes
Turris
Zibby
Pageau

that looks amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events