2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Yup, McDavid could go down with a concussion and Eichel could light it up. Anything can happen. Saying McDavid is the clear number 1 is simply incorrect.

As of today he is the clear number 1, things can change but that is where he stands today.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
As of today he is the clear number 1, things can change but that is where he stands today.

Then he falls to where we can draft him and we'll end up drafting Brian Lee's son.:help: That was Muckler, but I don't know Clark.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
I watched Jeremy Roy's first game tonight (as well as a bit of Sprong's) and from what I can tell he's absolutely someone we should have on our radar if we get a high pick.

I've never seen Hanifin or Kylington play before but if they are clearly ahead of Roy they both must be something special.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I watched Jeremy Roy's first game tonight (as well as a bit of Sprong's) and from what I can tell he's absolutely someone we should have on our radar if we get a high pick.

I've never seen Hanifin or Kylington play before but if they are clearly ahead of Roy they both must be something special.

Roy is tremendous, but as of "right now", he is on the outside looking in of the top 10. I was watching a few games last night, and the best players on the ice in the SJ-CHA game were Nathan Noel and Daniel Sprong, and the best players in the SHA-CHI were Dennis Yan and Anthony Beauvillier. All guys are potential picks for us this year, Noel being the only one outside the first, possibly.They all looked heads above everyone else (which obviously never included the NHL prospects)

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Roy is tremendous, but as of "right now", he is on the outside looking in of the top 10. I was watching a few games last night, and the best players on the ice in the SJ-CHA game were Nathan Noel and Daniel Sprong, and the best players in the SHA-CHI were Dennis Yan and Anthony Beauvillier. All guys are potential picks for us this year, Noel being the only one outside the first, possibly.They all looked heads above everyone else (which obviously never included the NHL prospects)

The fact that Roy is outside the top ten is a huge testament to how good this draft is, and yeah I liked Sprong as well from what I saw but not as much as Roy and I couldn't catch the SHA-CHI game. How did Nick Roy look out there?

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
I'm a little confused as how the draft lottery works this year. From my understanding they are taking two years to implement all of the new rules, if so, what is the significant change this year? Can any team move up to number one, or what?

For Ottawa's draft, I want one of two things to happen. Either make a great run in the playoff's and have one young player(NHL roster or just in the system) make HUGE strides within the organization (Zibanejad, Stone, Chiasson, Puemple, Lazar, Lehner...etc.) OR...

Just do flat out awful, and come draft time be in the top 5 to make the draft lottery extra exciting.

Essentially I wan't the team to do as best as they can, but I don't mind the idea of doing bad to land a really talented prospect..

Kind of expecting a 14th finish, in that case I'll proceed to throw-up.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
I'm a little confused as how the draft lottery works this year. From my understanding they are taking two years to implement all of the new rules, if so, what is the significant change this year? Can any team move up to number one, or what?

For Ottawa's draft, I want one of two things to happen. Either make a great run in the playoff's and have one young player(NHL roster or just in the system) make HUGE strides within the organization (Zibanejad, Stone, Chiasson, Puemple, Lazar, Lehner...etc.) OR...

Just do flat out awful, and come draft time be in the top 5 to make the draft lottery extra exciting.

Essentially I wan't the team to do as best as they can, but I don't mind the idea of doing bad to land a really talented prospect..

I think any team that misses the playoffs has a lot to be excited about come draft time. Except for the Islanders

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

This year, any team that misses the playoffs has a chance to get the 1st over all just like the one that past, the only difference is the odds.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

2016 the top 3 spots are up for grabs.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The draft changes are ok, but still not far enough. The top 3 draws will have much more impact than the change to the weighting. A team has a lot better odds to move way up with three picks than with one.

Keep the weighting, but they need to draw every spot, just because it would be really entertaining for fans, and only a few teams would get totally screwed.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
...and they really need to show the actual lotto (as in, the balls dropping from the machines) on live TV as well. Having Daly stand there with an envelope of the 'winning' team doesn't work for me.

When Pittsburgh wins the lotto to get Crosby after threatening to pick up and leave the city, and New Jersey and Bettman buddy Lamoriello winning the lotto in the very rare instance the Devils are in a position to get into the lotto....well, it just doesn't look very good. Especially when there is no evidence the lottery was even done.

Got to do this stuff out in the open to avoid potential controversy down the road. Especially important from a league that has had a lot of nefarious ties with organized crime, crooked owners, crooked commissioners, crooked player agents, & all in their history.

aef1400

Mar 20, 2013
Watched the All-American prospects game tonight, and Eichel and Hanifin are as advertised.

Hanifin is so calm with the puck, and always seems to make the right decision. He already thinks the game like an NHL calibre defenseman, and is a exceptional skater.

As for Eichel, I don't think the gap between him and McDavid is as wide as some people think. I watched the Erie game on Wed. night and IMO McDavid is more gifted offensively (skating, hands, iq), but Eichel seems to be more complete in terms of a defensive game. He was much more engaged defensively, whereas I thought McDavid "floated" more in the defensive end. I would also argue that Eichel has the better shot. Both players were clearly dominant against their competition.

Overall all three of these players expected to go top 3 are phenomenal. I think most people have McDavid locked into that #1 spot, but Eichel isn't as far behind as people think. Will be interesting to see how they all progress over the year!

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
this draft is just so drool worthy. top 10 would easily be top 3 picks in any of the last few years. I'd even argue to top 15.

the fact that hanifin is a country mile ahead of what seth jones was, just goes to show how great mcdavid and eichel are (since they will be drafted ahead of him).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I will be seeing a lot of the Q guys (Sprong, Noel, Zboril, Svechnikov, Brisbois, Meier more-so than the rest of the guys) this year, I will keep tabs on them here.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
I've been scouting the OHL the last few years and besides McDavid, I haven't seen a better prospect then Konecny. To see him ranked 10th on Bob McKenzie's list just shows the ridiculous depth of this draft. Even if the Senators miss the playoffs by a few points and are drafting around 10th, they're going to get an elite player. Konecny is very similar to Matt Duchene and getting a player of that calibre with the 10th pick is crazy.

On a side note, I don't really see Crouse going top 10. His size is appealing but his offensive skill doesn't justify being picked that high compared to other guys (Strome, Barzal, Konecny)

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Watching bobs top 10 last night was a little mind blowing.

Wouldn't be surprised if 3-10 (and that could expand or narrow over time) is extremely hard to predict. Looked like a mash up of guys with realistic star potential. Take your pick, hard to go wrong

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
From the link in your post: 8. Oliver Kylington Defence | Farjestads BK (Swe) | 6'0/181 | DOB: May 19, 1997

Not sure where you are getting he's playing fwd...

He was listed as a centre on that list when I first posted it. Pretty sure he played both FWD and D in 2012/2013 but this made me think that he had switched permanently.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Guillaume Brisebois is going to be a riser this year. He would be a great pick anywhere from 15-40. Smooth skating, two-way defenseman whose offense is starting to flourish. He is flying somewhat under the radar, but won't be for long. He was the best skater on the ice both times I've seen him play this year.

Once he puts some muscle onto his frame (6-1, 165) he is going to be a n extremely dynamic skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad