2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
... I felt the Sens punted this draft...

It was a bad draft. Even if we had moved into the late 1st in a Spezza trade, the team admits it was going to take Englund with that late 1st rounder, so basically we lost out on an early-mid 2nd rounder in a terribly shallow draft year.

If we ever were going to lack assets in a draft year, this past year was the one to do it in.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Draft Lottery could put anyone 1st really if they get a ball into the machine.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
ive seen this game before were not even gonna be close to the bottom in the draft this year

Even if we're terrible, somehow our hopes and dreams will be shattered, just like our dreams of Landeskog.

I was so into the buildup to that draft and toward the end of the season where be begrudgingly won many games.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sens in recent memory have never been bad in a good draft year....and when by chance we get a good pick we take Brian Lee :sarcasm:

I think at worst we pick 10th

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Even if we're terrible, somehow our hopes and dreams will be shattered, just like our dreams of Landeskog.

I was so into the buildup to that draft and toward the end of the season where be begrudgingly won many games.

Yeah, that stung a bit. I'm glad that Andy finally gave us some stability in nets though, so I'm alright with it. Zibby still has untapped potential too.

2009 was pretty intense for me. I believe it was around Christmas time and we were sitting in the bottom three-five, I wanted Tavares soooo much.

On the 2015 draft, if there was any year to stink, this is it (I want to see the team do well though).

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sens in recent memory have never been bad in a good draft year....and when by chance we get a good pick we take Brian Lee :sarcasm:

I think at worst we pick 10th

Ain't that the truth.

Or one year where we truly do stink, and freaking New Jersey wins the lotto. :cry:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
ive seen this game before were not even gonna be close to the bottom in the draft this year

I think you are correct. I actually think, if we stay healthy, we improve on last year's positioning by making the playoffs.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Going to follow Jeremy Roy, Matt Spencer and Nic Meloche this year. They are right D and we need that. I get best player available, but if one of these guys is in our area we should be happy.

And of course would like Travis Konecny if he was available as our choice. More than hometown on that guy.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
5th Overall

Let's say hypothetically Ottawa ends up with the 5th overall and the big two (McJesus and Eichel) are already gone as well as the two best defenders (Kylington and Hanifin), who do you pick?

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Let's say hypothetically Ottawa ends up with the 5th overall and the big two (McJesus and Eichel) are already gone as well as the two best defenders (Kylington and Hanifin), who do you pick?

You're going to hear the name Konecny a lot and not without merit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't know about top 5, but Evgeni Svechnikov has looked great thus far in his transition to North America, his stock will rise to possible top 10. Other D that I will be watching a bit this year who could be had in the 2th-5th are Loik Leveille, Jason Bell, and Bradley Lalonde.

Cape Breton has a team to watch for this upcoming draft

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah he almost seems too obvious to go at 5 if we're picking there

If the kid was a 6-footer, he'd be in the conversation for top 3. What he did on a horrible Ottawa team was amazing. Now if only someone could dump a bit of miracle grow on the kid and give him those extra 3 inches of height to get him to that magical 6-foot mark.....

Hemmer Time

May 4, 2014
I'm getting kinda hopeful seeing Konecny getting ranked around the 10 mark in a lot of rankings. I would love it if he fell to somewhere I think the Sens will be (not lucky enough to choose top 5, not making the playoffs either). Other bodies I'm interested in: Dying to have Oliver Kylington to play with Karlsson and form the ultimate Swedish duo, Hanifin as well but that's not as likely.

Dylan Strome sounds interesting
Sprong
Pavel Zacha

If we are picking somewhere around 12-16, Jeremy Roy would be a good choice for a d-man.

aef1400

Mar 20, 2013
McDavid, Eichel, Konecny, Strome, Zacha, White, Barzal, all have legitimate #1C potential. I don't know much about Kyle Connor, or Mitch Marner but I believe an argument could be made for them as well.

Add Hanifin and Kylington as two potential #1D (maybe even franchise D), and the top 10 is ridiculous. I expect Ottawa to finish in the bottom 10, and any one of these guys would be an amazing addition to the organization.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
McDavid, Eichel, Konecny, Strome, Zacha, White, Barzal, all have legitimate #1C potential. I don't know much about Kyle Connor, or Mitch Marner but I believe an argument could be made for them as well.

Add Hanifin and Kylington as two potential #1D (maybe even franchise D), and the top 10 is ridiculous. I expect Ottawa to finish in the bottom 10, and any one of these guys would be an amazing addition to the organization.

From what I've heard/seen of Marner and Connor they 100% have the potential to become #1 centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad