_____
Allen

Gaps:

1G:
2/3LD:
1 middle 6 forward:
2 4th line/bottom 6 forwards:

Spend the money however you think best.

Internal options if you want to cheap out on any position and spend more elsewhere

Middle 6 forwards: Clarke
Bottom 6 forwards: Bastian, Foote, Stillman
LDs: Bahl, Hatakka
Gs: Schmid, Daws

Goal: Produce a better 5 than Vanacek, Bahl, Toffoli, McLeod, Bastian

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If you have a similar caliber/situation RD to trade, Fowler would be a good #3. He's been asked to play all situation, #1 D and he absolutely is not that. But he can play PP2/PK2. Ducks just have Mintyukov, Zellweger, LaCombe, and Vaakanainen on the left side.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If you have a similar caliber/situation RD to trade, Fowler would be a good #3. He's been asked to play all situation, #1 D and he absolutely is not that. But he can play PP2/PK2. Ducks just have Mintyukov, Zellweger, LaCombe, and Vaakanainen on the left side.
He'd be somewhat interesting but would need to either be for FC or with some retention to be palatable. I think he's quite a bit worse than McDonagh

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
You know what I want, F the money make these happen Fitz!-

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
COLTON/FOEGLE-Hughes-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Holtz
TRENIN & DUHAIME & MALENSTYN-STURM-Lazar

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
MCNABB-Nemec
would prefer your boy Petey from Pit but seem like a long shot.Skjej probably wants too much but we topish D until kids are ready

MILLER RD Extra if needed

MARKY (retained for a 2nd and prospect)/Ullmark

Allen

Draft one of (no particular order, whomever is there and best) Nygard (RW), Buium (LD), Dickinson (LD)

Reactions: dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Palat-Haula-Holtz

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
MCNABB-Nemec
would prefer your boy Petey from Pit but seem like a long shot.Skjej probably wants too much but we topish D until kids are ready

Allen

Draft one of (no particular order, whomever is there and best) Nygard (RW), Buium (LD), Dickinson (LD)
Love all those ideas. Bigger stronger faster BETTER on the 4th line is crucial. That line was unplayable for like the last 50 games of this year

Reactions: Smitty426

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Palat-Haula-Holtz

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
MCNABB-Nemec

Allen

The D most likely won't be there.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Palat-Haula-Holtz

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
MCNABB-Nemec

Allen

You don't want Foegele.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Palat-Haula-Holtz

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
MCNABB-Nemec

Allen

I could see Dougie Hamilton recruit Skjej. Whether the Devils will spend what it takes to sign him is anyone's guess though.

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
I'd try to target Martinook, Trenin, Duhaime, Blueger for quality 4th line and depth through the line up. A scoring veteran like Duclair or Kubalik might be interesting for the mix.

On D I'd go for Zadorov or if needed to go cheaper, I d like Hakanpaa/Rutta.

Goalies? It has to be a trade ... difficult but important/essential to do a move. All the UFA signings and hunt for a smart trade are coming secondary.

I'd rather invest in depth and a quality 4th line instead of a top6 forward for 'big' money.

Reactions: dgibb10

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
I could see Dougie Hamilton recruit Skjej. Whether the Devils will spend what it takes to sign him is anyone's guess though.
Don't you think Skjei's price is way too high to fit in? NJ had to give away Severson who was a similar player/price tag.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Don't you think Skjei's price is way too high to fit in? NJ had to give away Severson who was a similar player/price tag.
It probably will be, yeah. And while he may play a similar game to Severson, Severson wishes he was as good.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
He'd be somewhat interesting but would need to either be for FC or with some retention to be palatable. I think he's quite a bit worse than McDonagh
Ducks wouldn't be looking to give him away, he's still a good player on a fair contract (not overpaid but not a bargain) and has put up 40+ points on terrible offensive teams and is not requesting a trade like McDonagh. Ducks also don't have salary cap issues, just a lot of LHD. Ideal situation would be Fowler for a 30+ year old, #2/3 RHD with a couple of years left in a straight 1 for 1 swap.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
You don't want Foegele.
He is an elite skater, will come at a reasonable price tag, and is solid enough defensively. The fit on Jack Hughes wing would be excellent

The D most likely won't be there.
If Buium and Dickinson go.

Assume Silayev, Levshunov, Demidov, Celebrini, Lindstrom also gone

Would leave at least 1 of Parekh, Catton, Iginla. I'd be happy with those choices

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad