2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
It would be sweet if we could grab Travis Konecny. theres a lot of good talent this year though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, from what's been mentioned on the boards lately, Hoffman was undersized in his draft year, and that was one of the reasons he was passed over. Maybe Konecny gets lucky and puts on an inch or two this year. I really hope so, for his sake. He is such an amazing talent...if he can get to 5-11 or 6-feet, he'll be a star in the NHL.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
In addition, Yevgeni Svechnikov interests me as a middle of the pack choice. Zack Werenski on the D side of things.

Could see one of our seconds used on Vladar or Booth to boost our goaltending depth.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Let's say hypothetically Ottawa ends up with the 5th overall and the big two (McJesus and Eichel) are already gone as well as the two best defenders (Kylington and Hanifin), who do you pick?

barzal, konecny, need center.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
In addition, Yevgeni Svechnikov interests me as a middle of the pack choice. Zack Werenski on the D side of things.

Could see one of our seconds used on Vladar or Booth to boost our goaltending depth.

If we can get Svechnikov with a middle first round pick we should jump on that, I watched a few of his games with Cape Breton earlier in the season and he blew me away.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I think we did really poorly last draft with our middle round picks. Anyone know any scorers who might fall to the 4th-6th round?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
don't we have enough 6'4" forwards??;)

Biggest team in the league with guys like Paul, Lindberg, Robinson coming through the system.

I'd argue you can never have enough talented 6'4 powerforwards, but it's certainly not a pressing need at this point.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Yup.

That's who I want if we're picking middle of the pack, Crouse if we're top 10.

Edit:

I want them because they're HUGE LW Powerforwards.

Crouse in the top 10 seems a bit high no? Doesn't exactly have stellar offensive numbers this season or last

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
I think we did really poorly last draft with our middle round picks. Anyone know any scorers who might fall to the 4th-6th round?

Rodrigo Abols
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=154962

May be a bit homer, but I've seen him play live and I really liked him. He would be a nice steal, considering he's an European and plays in a Russian league, so most teams wouldn't even look at him. Eliteprospects say he's 6'3 so that's a good thing too.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Crouse in the top 10 seems a bit high no? Doesn't exactly have stellar offensive numbers this season or last

yeah in a draft like this it might be a bit high...

when its a stacked draft I would liek them to just get the best player available if picking high.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
yeah in a draft like this it might be a bit high...

when its a stacked draft I would liek them to just get the best player available if picking high.

Agreed.

Also, don't look now, but our Dallas 2nd rounder could become awfully close to a late first rounder :naughty:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If the Sens don't draft Andrew Peski they'll have missed a huge marketing opportunity.

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Saw all the talk about Jeremy Roy going near the top 10 but that css rating has him as a 2nd-3rd round potential? would be a great 2nd round snag if that is the case

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Saw all the talk about Jeremy Roy going near the top 10 but that css rating has him as a 2nd-3rd round potential? would be a great 2nd round snag if that is the case

He will be taken nowhere near the 2nd round. He WILL go top 15, no matter what any of the lists say.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Same with Svechnikov, a B rating is just ridiculous for a player of his caliber.

I've seen a lot of Svechnikov this season, one of the perks I have. He is a first round talent no doubt, should be an "A" skater. I think he is a 15-30 pick, he started the season on fire, but has cooled down some, though he is still the best player on any given night for Cape Breton (Interchangeable with Bishop/Pelletier depending on who is on)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad