2015 NHL Draft Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
McKenzie just said that Crouse lacks the talent of the top 10, but yet is not going to make out it of there.

I'm baffled.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Not sure that I really like Meier. This isnt based on anything besides YouTube clips and articles but he just doesn't seem as appealing as some of our other choices.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
McKenzie just said that Crouse lacks the talent of the top 10, but yet is not going to make out it of there.

I'm baffled.

That's what a lot of people have been saying (and discussing in this thread). Some people seem to see big things from him. Others do not.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I'm baffled.

Yeah he didn't say or imply that:
Ah, the Great Crouse Debate. He's not as prolific as some of the other elitle top 10 picks but scouts still LOVE his game. I believe...
...he'll go between 5 and 10 and is unlikely to fall out of Top 10.
Source: Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hm. Tomek is 6'3" and a Hakstol recruit. #5 ranked NA goalie. I could definitely see him being a Flyers' target in the 3rd or 4th round.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
McKenzie's final draft ranking

http://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-tops-mckenzie-s-final-draft-ranking-1.296839

Edit:

Provorov behind Zacha and Crouse is a bit surprising. Zacha at 6 is particularly surprising.

Samsonov at 19. Wow.

That's the lowest I've seen Chabot and Harkins.

I love seeing Zacha at 6. I think this kid is going to be an absolute stud!! I hope we take him if he's still there!! Just like Jtown has said many times and I agree...This kid could be the 3rd best forward from this draft.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Ah, the Great Crouse Debate. He's not as prolific as some of the other elite top 10 picks but scouts still LOVE his game. I believe...

How do you guys read this?

Not as prolific isn't saying he doesn't have the talent, it's saying his stats aren't as gaudy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ah, the Great Crouse Debate. He's not as prolific as some of the other elite top 10 picks but scouts still LOVE his game. I believe...

How do you guys read this?

Prolific refers to production, not talent. Zacha (42G, 37P) is also less prolific than the other elite top 10 forwards.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Not sure that I really like Meier. This isnt based on anything besides YouTube clips and articles but he just doesn't seem as appealing as some of our other choices.

I agree that Meier doesn't quite stack up with some of the options who will be available at 7.

He's not particularly explosive, and his offensive production was worse than Crouse's and Zacha's in his 17 year old junior season. He just has the advantage of being a little older -- and playing with Ehlers -- this season.

If he's the #7 overall pick, then either this draft isn't nearly as deep near the top as is touted, or the Flyers see something special in Meier that I don't.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Not as prolific isn't saying he doesn't have the talent, it's saying his stats aren't as gaudy.

Prolific refers to production, not talent. Zacha (42G, 37P) is also less prolific than the other elite top 10 forwards.

He said he's not as prolific as some of the other elite top 10 prospects. No where in there did he talk about skill or talent.

Also if anything he implied that Crouse is an elite prospect.

Valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad