2015 NHL Draft Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
they probably didn't have enough time to interview coots . I don't know how much us not interviewing coots really means since this year is a very diffrent situations compared to 2011

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Someone commented that they didnt interview Couturier either.

That's probably a little different situation as Couturier wasn't supposed to be there when they were selecting. Would be more akin to the Flyers not interviewing Strome imo.

I agree with your sentiment that they could still select a guy on that list though.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Im a Barzal guy so thats why I say that ;).

But if they dont like Barzal oh wells. If they see Zacha as the next Jagr then I cant say much.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Could be Hextall trying to throw teams off that they're not interested in Barzal.

But Chip Kelly is known for interviewing guys he's interested in. So you know if they interviewed a guy, that have serious interest in drafting them.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
There's just no reason not to interview Barzal if he's seriously in the mix. Only reason I can think of is if someone in the organization knows Barzal well enough to vouch for his character. Even that's a stretch, though.

I have a gut feeling Zacha will be the guy. I'm not sure why.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
lol going through the videos and Carchidi is asking a lot of the players if the Flyers interviewed them.

^^

I am thinking the same thing. I'm really high on Zacha too so I'd be pumped.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i feel like the flyers have two guys in mind, and know 1 of them will be there at 7 so they are sitting pretty. I think one may be zacha its the other one that is a mystery. Could be crouse.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I am guessing Zacha, Connor or Provorov.
I think you can't rule out Crouse or Werenski either, but one of those 5.

I don't see the point of interviewing Barzal, Meier or Bittner if they are 12-15 on your list and you're not thinking about trading back.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
could definitely be tipping point...

I actually am starting to think werenski will be the pick. For one, the Flyers are talking up the forward depth much like they did last year and Sanheim was the pick. Now it is possible that all the forwards they liked were gone but I doubt it. Just listening from how the Flyers do business they tend to target a few prospets whom they belive will be there when they pick. Nobody was way off the board before their pick. In fact Sanheim was the biggest "reach" in the teens compared to his predraft rankings. It as if they were targeting Sanheim from the beginning IMO.

The other thing that makes me think werenski and not provorov is all the talk about provorov thru the beats. I believe a few of them said the Flyers were interested. That means someone leaked that info. Hextall doesn't leak anything so that means it's probably bogus info.

Just a conspiracy theory. It will probably be Zacha.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I actually am starting to think werenski will be the pick. For one, the Flyers are talking up the forward depth much like they did last year and Sanheim was the pick. Now it is possible that all the forwards they liked were gone but I doubt it. Just listening from how the Flyers do business they tend to target a few prospets whom they belive will be there when they pick. Nobody was way off the board before their pick. In fact Sanheim was the biggest "reach" in the teens compared to his predraft rankings. It as if they were targeting Sanheim from the beginning IMO.

The other thing that makes me think werenski and not provorov is all the talk about provorov thru the beats. I believe a few of them said the Flyers were interested. That means someone leaked that info. Hextall doesn't leak anything so that means it's probably bogus info.

Just a conspiracy theory. It will probably be Zacha.

You're giving the beat writers way too much credit if you think they need someone to give them a leak to report what the Flyers are thinking of doing.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
You're giving the beat writers way too much credit if you think they need someone to give them a leak to report what the Flyers are thinking of doing.

True but jay Greenberg, the flyers mouth piece on their website mentioned provorov a lot too. He probably doesn't write anything without running it by management. I am no doubt reading way too much into it, but the Flyers usually do something nobody is expecting and there is too much chatter regarding forwards and provorov.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Anyone keeping track of the players that we know the Flyers have interviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad