2015 NHL Draft Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Reasons not to love Crouse: He's not very creative, and it limits his offensive opportunity; it's easy to plan against a player with limited creativity; his vision is lacking and you rarely see him make plays that require much precision; his first steps aren't very explosive.

Well, apparently it's not for lack of potential!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Let me be the first to say Crouse has a Broad Jump meant for Broad Street.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Like Morin, he is a freak athlete. Doesn't automatically make you a great hockey player, but gets the development staff licking their chops.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Interesting info from that guy on twitter, Werenski said that if his NHL team asks him to go to London Knights, he will.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Like Morin, he is a freak athlete. Doesn't automatically make you a great hockey player, but gets the development staff licking their chops.

Probably helps ease some trepidation surrounding him and probably will help cement him in the top 10.

Not that I think a broad jump on feet has a hell of a lot to do with the ability to play hockey on skates, but it does signify his athleticism.

I still would go Barzal at 7 if he's there, but Crouse is my #2 and his combine performance is reassuring.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Don't know if anyone has heard this yet but Zacha has had alot of conversations with the Flyers.

The organization takes the interview process serious. Its how they find out the character which is the most important thing in the draft process.

I wouldn't be surprised if the selected him. Could play LW at NHL level.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So what we have learnt so far this combine:

Eichel, Blackwood, Carlsson, Crouse, Konency, Foley and Carlo are fantastic all around athletes.

Jesse Gabrielle likes being in the gym.

Jack Sadek should change his diet if he does not want to risk severe health problems in the future.

Daniel Vladar is at least 50% ape. (7ft wingspan...)

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Don't know if anyone has heard this yet but Zacha has had alot of conversations with the Flyers.

The organization takes the interview process serious. Its how they find out the character which is the most important thing in the draft process.

If Zacha plays wing, doesn't he strike you as more of an off-wing than a LW?

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

good. would love to get him...want somebody with huge potential and the whole speed/skill/size package with first pick. know hes kinda a scary pick but upside could be huge.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Well, apparently it's not for lack of potential!

IMpressive, and usually taller players excel at the long jump. However the test that measures lower body explosiveness is the vertical jump and he didn't place top 10. However Mackenzie blackwood did whose name is all over the testing combine.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
IMpressive, and usually taller players excel at the long jump. However the test that measures lower body explosiveness is the vertical jump and he didn't place top 10. However Mackenzie blackwood did whose name is all over the testing combine.

Tall players don't generally excel on the vertical jump?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I hate they do the vertical jump with out the traditional measuring device.

yeah but a force plate provides better data. Unfortunately if they are only using the force plate to give a predicted vert then they are only using a 1/10 of what it can do.

Vertec measurements are usually very slow for these large combines becuase you have to go through it mulitple times to find the athletes maximal reach, then adjust the vertec then have them tested, then tested again, then tested again. Best out of 3.

That can be quite time consuming.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I know at some football combines they use the force plate and some of the numbers don't match up with the traditional measure. On the other hand I got better numbers the traditional way. I guess the visual aid helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad